Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Make a pact to move with your mates at the same time”? This is... not how adults live.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
“Make a pact to move with your mates at the same time”? This is... not how adults live.
I can almost see Edina from Ab Fab with a fag and a glass of champagne waving her hand at someone saying it, before she slides under the table.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Couldn’t watch How To Build A Girl, turned it off after about 15 minutes. Just couldn’t stomach the Caitlin story again. I never read the book admittedly, but I did read How To Be A Woman, and from what I gather they’re basically the same thing.

(Sidenote: Beanie Feldstein’s Wolverhamption accent was atrocious! Did nobody stop to tell her?!)

Reactions: 1

So interesting, thank you for posting!

"But her parents’ artistic and middle-class backgrounds tend to get smoothed away in the telling of a working-class background. Her undoubtedly stellar rise first through music journalism and onto columnist fame then up into the stratosphere of scriptwriting, TV, and filmmaking has been given an extra sheen by the idea that she dragged herself out of the mire." - indeed.

He absolutely nails my issue with "Eaves Wider"'s PR campaign as well.

Interestingly, Mic Wright (brokenbottleboy) is also one of the very few voices to have spoken up about the Eric Joyce/India Knight situation:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Anyone catch the excerpt from her new book and article about it in The Times today?

First of all, her idea of feminism has gotten even worse. Apparently now feminists have to help the men because they’re killing themselves, and all women mostly have to contend with nowadays is remembering stuff, like when the grass needs cutting and bleeding the radiators.

Also, if you don’t want a graphic insight into her “maintenance shags” (isn’t that term stolen from Sali Hughes?) with Pete P, then definitely give the whole thing a wide berth.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

"I gradually realised that if feminism is “the belief in the social, political, economic and personal equality of the sexes”, then that meant it is for women and men. All of us. In 2020, my feminism has become unisex, and the chapters about men are some of the ones I’m most excited about."

Caitlin - duck OFF.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Worra knob.

She’s just got good old fashioned verbal diarrhoea.

Reactions: 6
In 2020, my feminism has become unisex, and the chapters about WHITE men are some of the ones I’m most excited about.

Fixed it for her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
She means she’s found a new angle she can flog for cash money. I watched the movie, so you don’t have to; it was shiiiite.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The detailed account of the maintenance shag is one of the most excruciating things I've ever read :eek:

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.