Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Controversial? Really? Interesting way of saying 'has been universally panned'.
And I think the words 'at my gigs' might give a slight clue as to the type of person that agrees with her.

Screenshot_20230713_030011.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I would like to a) assure any trans women who may be reading this that not all cis women think you are a threat to womens' rights. You have the solidarity of myself and many others and b) suggest that this line of discussion is taken the gender thread where those of us who don't wish to read transphobia can avoid it.
Thank God my rights aren't yours to give away. Putting aside the trans debate - bringing in self ID would give ALL MEN access to women-only spaces. Does that not seem dangerous and wrong to you?

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm more convinced than ever she is an inveterate liar.
Just a small example of her tall tales.

Schoolgirls rushed up to her on a train and shouted 'Omg we really love you, we've formed a masturbation club after reading How to be a Woman. We sit and masturbate'.
Jeff Buckley rang her up in the middle of the night for a booty call but she turned him down as Murder She Wrote was on.
She menstruated on Benedict Cumberbatch's parent's white sofa whilst interviewing him leaving an imprint of her vagina. She distracted him and turned over the sofa cushion.

Genuinely how can anyone take this buffoon seriously?

• Haha
  • Sick

Vanelope

VIP Member
It’s obvious to everyone outside north London media she is out of ideas. Her ‘man’ book was crowdsourced on Twitter. She’s a very well paid Jack Monroe who has kept her unpleasant side better hidden and can meet a deadline. I am stunned she is still paid so much for such lazy writing which is only ever about herself. She is self-obsessed to the point of parody and has no real interest in other people. All her interviews end up being about her eventually; as in how the other person relates to her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Caitlin: I have never, and do not know anyone else either, who has used mashed potato to demonstrate their vaginal blood clots. What a pile of horseshit, everything she writes she just seems such a 'pick me'. 'I'm so quirky,funny, relatable, and I INVENTED WOMEN WANKING.

• Haha

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I don't know if my blood pressure could stand watching Newsnight tonight.
But this gem was in a recent GQ article.

View attachment 2285592

Is she insane?
Women still face taboos on a regular basis here and around the world. Busting them is not always 'so richly rewarded'. And 'find a taboo'? They are usually unwillingly thrust upon you.
When will she grasp she is only speaking for her own group of women friends? The experiences of her, Lauren Laverne, Sali Hughes and their twitter acolytes are not universal.
This absolutely boils my piss, to use their parlance. Every woman I know has a daily fight on her hands. About everything! The kinwork, the pay gap, the emotional labour, the fear.

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
All I recall of Kim Deal's calves is that she was wearing football socks. And all I recall of Kim Deal is that every boy I knew was in love with her, and I was quite in awe of her, even if my calves were a bit smaller.

How the absolute fuck did she get a music critic to marry her?
I have loved the Pixies since before even Sali and can solemnly swear I have never had a single calf-related Kim Deal thought. What a baffling thing to notice let alone write about in a serious music publication

• Heart

Pavlova&Cream

I would like to a) assure any trans women who may be reading this that not all cis women think you are a threat to womens' rights. You have the solidarity of myself and many others and b) suggest that this line of discussion is taken the gender thread where those of us who don't wish to read transphobia can avoid it.

• Haha
  • Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
To recap your closing question, JB, What the fucking hell is wrong with her I propose a three point, synergistic answer as follows:

1) Grandiose narcissism
2) the mistaken belief that she's got where is entirely due to her own innate talent and hard work instead of a combination of felicitous timing and marrying actual talent and
3) Cocaine

Other than the fact that at least three of the bougie free-range spa-cows butchers/organic non-shadow-casting veggie stores where she lives sell a very expensive range of Colombian's most lucrative export under the counter, and the Dunning Kruger klaxon that goes off every time she opens her vile mouth, I have NO evidence for #3 whatsoever.

It would certainly explain things though, not least of all the permanently badly bleached/dyed "highlights" meant to make her face look less wide.
---
In the spirit of the recap here is the bit of her inane article that irked me and resulted in the previous comment from JB:

Fear of death
Well, this is a very basic fear, and I totally get it. But if there is to be a male feminism, this would be a good issue to have as a primary campaign: a putative “GOOD NEWS, MEN — MEDICINE CAN SAVE YOU!” message. It feels very different for women. It seems like half the women I know of my age have triumphed over serious illness.

We almost have “survive breast cancer” on our To-Do Lists around the age of 50. Within ten minutes of feeling a lump, we’ve booked into the doctors and googled “sexy chemo wig”. We’re ready

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I was chatting to a bloke who said that back when she was touted as this "fresh talent" her industry nickname was Caitlin Moron.

Basic, yes. Mean, yes. Funny, yes.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I also don't know if all the menopause talk is actually helping. The Davina stuff is actually making women feel more frightened and anxious about menopause I think

• Heart

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
I have loved the Pixies since before even Sali and can solemnly swear I have never had a single calf-related Kim Deal thought. What a baffling thing to notice let alone write about in a serious music publication
I would love to see her face if some little upstart podcaster reviewed her nepo-baby's music like that.

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Absolutely. I have zero respect or love for Caitlin, but tbf, if she expressed even the concerns that Róisín did, the trans ideologues would absolutely go all out to destroy her. Based on their coverage, I’m sure The Times would support her, but I’m not sure how much they can do when you’re getting credible rape and death threats
Sadly, I agree with you here. It’s ten times worse when a woman speaks out against this ideology than it is for a man, and even expressing an opinion as sensible as Murphy did can possibly be career ending.

However, I think my problem is that Caitlin Moran claims to be a feminist writer and thinks she’s up there with the likes of Germaine Greer yet we haven’t heard a peep out of her on this, one way or the other. It’s total cowardice on her part and I don’t think I can take her seriously in any way until she gives her opinion on one of the greatest threats facing women’s rights today or at least mentions it some form.

• Heart

whirlingbutterflies

Omg 😬 Sounds like more offensive stereotyping of women. The sort of women Moran and her sister have a good old laugh at whilst pretending to be allies - 'look at us ironically dressing like Love Island contestants'.
The sister wrote a painfully unfunny sitcom for Radio 4 called Preppers a few years ago. Dire. Lots of twee references to digestive biscuits and the Antiques Roadshow.
Christ, so they lived on a council estate. This is the only reason Moran has “credibility“ with the Grauniad set. She’s sort of working class (except she’s not). Apologies if this has been said already. I normally follow the Alice Evans thread and never realised CM had a thread.

I‘ve detested her for years. One thick phoney.

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
I always think she feels very superior to Pete, like she is the cool one and he is the nerd, rather than them both being middle aged and he being an actual music journalist rather than an obnoxious opinion machine.

Old Harold

Ugh that article. People in Ireland knew all about those places they locked people up in, they weren't exactly a secret. You were threatened with them fgs! I've read a lot of ill-informed waffle about Sinead the last couple of days from 🤪 and others, like her being locked up in a Magdalene laundry. (It was a reform school on the site of one, not the same thing at all). She suffered terribly from her abusive mother but her family's wealth cushioned her and gave her opportunities most didn't have. When she became famous she was adored and cossetted; she could appear on national radio or television whenever she wanted. She demanded and got a meeting with the Taoiseach at the time of the "X case" where a 14 year old rape victim was prevented from leaving the country for an abortion. She used her platform well but she didn't take risks or suffer the consequences so many had before her. Ireland was already changing rapidly and she was part of the generation that got the tail end of the Catholic theocracy growing up, but were shaking it off. She was part of a much bigger wave.

I don't know why I'm going OT about Sinead, sorry. It's just that her story as an Irish woman is more complicated and nuanced than 🤪 and others would have it.

• Heart

gmf21

She’s got such narrow life experience, married young, affluent media lifestyle, why is anyone paying her to do this?
If she’d lived a more colourful life maybe this kind of book would fly, or if she’d actually done some proper research…and why is she so invested in making out white middle class men have it so rough?

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Christ, so they lived on a council estate. This is the only reason Moran has “credibility“ with the Grauniad set. She’s sort of working class (except she’s not). Apologies if this has been said already. I normally follow the Alice Evans thread and never realised CM had a thread.

I‘ve detested her for years. One thick phoney.
My first thought reading that article was ‘at least it’s not a sitcom about growing up on a council estate in the Midlands. How could they POSSIBLY shoehorn growing up on a council estate in the Midlands into a sitcom about a hen party that happens during an apocalypse. And yet…and yet…
IMG_6758.jpeg

• Haha

Asshats

We don’t. It’s just that we’re freely allowed to express our opinions. I’m still not clear which rights trans people don’t have. I am clear however, that any man who wakes up and decides he’s a woman and can go in women’s toilets and changing rooms is fucking tapped in the head and has an ulterior motive. Experience has taught me this.

• Heart