Burp’s Spin Off Thread for those in need of motivation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi I'm gluten free too .. why don't you make your own cakes etc. Very good company who sell gf cake and bread mixes are SOWANS you get 4 mixes for 10 euro. What I found with scales is : first a digital , leave in the one spot. What I did was put tape around scales so if I move it. I can put it back in same spot. Best weigh scale Fitbit aria air. Expensive but worth it. Good luck x
I actually make my own porridge bread using Flahvans recipe rwally
Good. I am fond of cooking and bacon thank god. Re the cakes oh my god I couldn’t have a cake without a pound of cream on top🤣🤣
Thanks for all suggests for weighing scales I may pick one up in the Black Friday sale

My baby is nearly as tall as me now and the two older are towering over me so we are all at different life stages.

However I've had a long and complicated relationship with food and weight gain. I have done all weight loss non surgical options and wasted so much money. WWers, SW, Unislim they all know me. I did a VLCD which was hell but worked until you stop. I was holding quiet well at 11 1/2 stone but then the dreaded perimenopause, kids health issue, covid lockdowns and it all crept up again. 3 stone, heading into 14 stone land this tim last year. I got fond of the evening wine and nibbles at weekends. DH and mine couple time revolves around eating out or nice meals.

I did a health kick, walked with dh, ate very healthy but nothing happened. He has never been slimmer and I was never fatter. And it was all in the middle, knees to boobs were round. Turns out this is a stage of life development too. My own doctor suggested my best weight. (Now I'm not sure why he did that as he could have perscribed what I needed too) but need must. Doctor Crotty is wonderful. Has social media presence if anyone wants to check it out. No judgement and alot of science into helping patients tackle their weight issues if they want. I had a complicated binge and purge history too and found I could talk to him in a way I never could with a health practitioner. I am 6 months on Ozempic. Down alot of weight. Gone from a bmi of 34.5 to 26.4. I feel great. My headspace feels great. I know I'm not skinny skinny I never will be but I'm no longer cringing at how I look. I did this with no official weigh ins, was accountable to myself.

I'm going to be very honest too but a huge positive is I've also managed to stop abusing laxatives. God know what damage I was doing to myself over the last decade of this but thats another positive for my own health. Weight loss clubs were all part of that cycle for me. Treats after a weigh in, catch up on loss and purge before weigh in. Not good. Now I eat in a very normal fashion. Breakfast, lunch dinner. Ozempic has curbed some of my likes. Alcohol is something I cannot face. Cadburys caramel used to give me a real dopamine rush but now nada. Its almost like the power of nice food over me has been broken and this is how normal people treat food. I still like to eat but last weeks craving was a baked potato with salad.

I have a big gp check up in Jan so fingers crossed pre diabetic sugar levels are a thing of the past, health issues should be subsided. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I know I derailed Sbs threat with this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi Everyone so glad this was set up, I am trying to get back to healthy eating. Have a few stone to lose before attempting to go for our 4th Round of IVF next year but after 3 failed rounds this year I am emotional eating so need to go back to personal training or something like that

Caremum did it take long to get an appointment with my best weight?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
My baby is nearly as tall as me now and the two older are towering over me so we are all at different life stages.

However I've had a long and complicated relationship with food and weight gain. I have done all weight loss non surgical options and wasted so much money. WWers, SW, Unislim they all know me. I did a VLCD which was hell but worked until you stop. I was holding quiet well at 11 1/2 stone but then the dreaded perimenopause, kids health issue, covid lockdowns and it all crept up again. 3 stone, heading into 14 stone land this tim last year. I got fond of the evening wine and nibbles at weekends. DH and mine couple time revolves around eating out or nice meals.

I did a health kick, walked with dh, ate very healthy but nothing happened. He has never been slimmer and I was never fatter. And it was all in the middle, knees to boobs were round. Turns out this is a stage of life development too. My own doctor suggested my best weight. (Now I'm not sure why he did that as he could have perscribed what I needed too) but need must. Doctor Crotty is wonderful. Has social media presence if anyone wants to check it out. No judgement and alot of science into helping patients tackle their weight issues if they want. I had a complicated binge and purge history too and found I could talk to him in a way I never could with a health practitioner. I am 6 months on Ozempic. Down alot of weight. Gone from a bmi of 34.5 to 26.4. I feel great. My headspace feels great. I know I'm not skinny skinny I never will be but I'm no longer cringing at how I look. I did this with no official weigh ins, was accountable to myself.

I'm going to be very honest too but a huge positive is I've also managed to stop abusing laxatives. God know what damage I was doing to myself over the last decade of this but thats another positive for my own health. Weight loss clubs were all part of that cycle for me. Treats after a weigh in, catch up on loss and purge before weigh in. Not good. Now I eat in a very normal fashion. Breakfast, lunch dinner. Ozempic has curbed some of my likes. Alcohol is something I cannot face. Cadburys caramel used to give me a real dopamine rush but now nada. Its almost like the power of nice food over me has been broken and this is how normal people treat food. I still like to eat but last weeks craving was a baked potato with salad.

I have a big gp check up in Jan so fingers crossed pre diabetic sugar levels are a thing of the past, health issues should be subsided. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I know I derailed Sbs threat with this.
Ah delighted for you. A long tough road and I'm glad you are feeling better.. well done 👏 💗

Can you take ozempic if you have other medical problems or is it safe for most do you know ? Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Loopyloz it took a month or so but he is very busy. Important thing with Ozempic is its recc'd not to get pregnant. Considering dh had the snip over 10 years ago and I'm in my 50s that wasn't a worry for me. TTC and fertility is a huge issue and the hormone injections not easy so go easy on yourself. One of my kids has additional needs and both dh and myself are very vocal on the need to focus on ourselves at times too.

I'd touch base with them or your own health practitioners and see what they say. His wife is a famous in menopause world so he'd be pretty good about hormones etc as I've seen them work together.

Get off my chest alot of my health issues were weight related and I couldn't comment as am not a doctor but maybe talk to your own gp too.

I will add I use a pt at the moment too. He is big into weights and building strength and that is probably a big part of feeling good too.

I have invested in my own health fitness this year. But it is better then fighting fires with potential for type 2 diabetes, joint pain, cardiac issues and all that fun jazz that middle age brings.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Avoid pinch of nom they are both morbidly obese and stole all their recipes off other people 😂
Didn't realise that's oops🥴

@caremumcan you explain your abbreviations please, menopausal fog brain here, what are vlcd and dh??

tell me I spend too much time on parenting boards without telling me!!!

dh = darling husband (meant with varying degrees of sarcasm)
vlcd = very low calorie diet (or meal replacement progrmme)

Reactions: 1
I’m so happy this was set up. I’ve been having mental health issues since Covid and both SSRIs I tried made me balloon. (That and diet of course!) feeling better and med free now, well I don’t know who can be happy gaining 4st but that’s another topic 😂
I moved to the states recently as well which doesn’t help, so hard to find cheap veg etc. I gained 4 stone from Feb 21-March 22, lost 2.5 as of this week but would like to tone up and keep it off. I’ve yo-yoed like this for years.

I’m also gluten free, love to cook and loads of recipe ideas. I do much better in a group setting. My friend group have worked out all their lives, so it’s easy to feel isolated. I have a lot of negative self talk when it comes to my body and food issues (“don’t even try, you have so much to lose anyway.” “You already ate a fecking sausage roll for breakfast what’s the point of having salad?” Type shite) so that’s why I love the group setting, it mutes that self talk for me and makes me feel I’m not alone 💪🏼
Had the same problem with SSRIs. Looking back through my fitness pal, when i do occassionally record my weight and literally put on 25 lbs between June 2020 and Aug 2020. Coincided with doubling my meds. I've decided to cut my meds dose in half cos they're making me lazy and unmotivated. Well done on the 2.5 weight loss though! I've developed a digestive issue too since last year which makes eating certain foods difficult. Seems to change every week, one week I can eat broccoli, the following week it makes me bloated and nauseous. If anyone has any suggestions, please please share.

Just to say, I think everyone here has had their fair share of heartbreak and stress judging by burps thread. Couple that with Covid and everything in between, I think we should all give ourselves a break too ❤ A bloody fantastic bunch ye are

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had the same problem with SSRIs. Looking back through my fitness pal, when i do occassionally record my weight and literally put on 25 lbs between June 2020 and Aug 2020. Coincided with doubling my meds. I've decided to cut my meds dose in half cos they're making me lazy and unmotivated. Well done on the 2.5 weight loss though! I've developed a digestive issue too since last year which makes eating certain foods difficult. Seems to change every week, one week I can eat broccoli, the following week it makes me bloated and nauseous. If anyone has any suggestions, please please share.

Just to say, I think everyone here has had their fair share of heartbreak and stress judging by burps thread. Couple that with Covid and everything in between, I think we should all give ourselves a break too ❤ A bloody fantastic bunch ye are
Thats a lovely thing to say. Well iv had a chicken fillet roll today fml. Planning a chicken pasta dish for dinner though so not the end of the world.

tell me I spend too much time on parenting boards without telling me!!!

dh = darling husband (meant with varying degrees of sarcasm)
vlcd = very low calorie diet (or meal replacement progrmme)
Thanks that makes sense

Delighted for this thread! Binge eater here. When I’m good I’m very disciplined, but once I fall off the wagon that’s it… binge.
I’m typical binge restrict binge. Biggest I’ve been in a long time at moment and I’m miserable and out of breath walking up the stairs. Need to cop on to myself and break the cycle. Last vlcd I did last year triggered the worst binge cycle I’ve ever had and it’s been constant since

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Vlcd probably triggered a terrible cycle for me too
It does work but it’s so dangerous like. The SECOND you stop you just eat everything you restricted yourself from.. well I did anyway. It absolutely messed with my head altogether. I can’t even tell when I’m full anymore.. I lost 6 stone on sw before but just can’t seem to get my mojo/motivation back? Had a difficult few years (as did millions of others with the pandemic) and I’m eating my feelings and problems.

I lost similar. When I stopped stone went on quickly and I was steady gor a while but was binging and purging. So UNHEALTHY. What us girls put ourselves through no wonder our heads are wrecked

I lost similar. When I stopped stone went on quickly and I was steady gor a while but was binging and purging. So UNHEALTHY. What us girls put ourselves through no wonder our heads are wrecked
Yeah I never purged so the weight just piles on and on… it’s unhealthy either way but you just get stuck in this toxic cycle

Hi All, joining if i may. I realky admire you Caremum, what a journey.
I am cal counting, going for a weekly average 0f 1650 - 1850 so i have leeway. No good/bad foods, focussing on planning and organisation, where i fall down. I want to be eating well going into Dec and have nice things too, but not all/nothing. All great til I feel hormonal, why i need the support.
I've had ivf a few times myself, good news at the end so best of luck. It helped me a lot to up the protein as i felt i was doing all i could. Ultimately, remember you are eating for your own health too and please ask for help on bad days. I bottled it all up and it just makes life harder

• Heart
I'm a fucker I'd do great for the 1st 3 weeks then week 4 I'm like ah duck it and eat everything in sight an extremely unhealthy relationship with food 😭😭