Burp’s Spin Off Thread for those in need of motivation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone. Thanks so much for this. I’m delighted. I was at work today and was quite disciplined. Nightmare day so the urge to binge is cruel right now. I think I need to work on my head just as much as my gob 🙈🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello everyone. Thanks so much for this. I’m delighted. I was at work today and was quite disciplined. Nightmare day so the urge to binge is cruel right now. I think I need to work on my head just as much as my gob 🙈🤣
Hello all! 100% with you it's my head as much as anything! Jumping on this thread as need to seriously do better with food. About to begin my 6th round of fertility treatments and rewarding myself with lots of chocolate

• Heart
Well done on your disciplined day! I'm struggling myself with weight gain. Started as the covid stone, weighed myself last week and I nearly died. 4 stone up! I'm sure I was subconciously following burps diet from watching her stories 😂 Just back from a walk instead of giving into those cravings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m in the same boat as you ladies. Two stone on since the first lockdown and struggling the last few weeks, zero motivation. Hopefully this thread will keep me on the straight and narrow. I’m going to weigh myself again next Tuesday & hope for a couple of pounds off 🤞🏻 Wishing you the best of luck with your fertility treatment @U.ok.hun. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
QUOTE="francydoll, post: 12769530, member: 332658"]
[/QUOTE]
With calorie counting if your careful most days you will have enough left over for a small treat with your cup of tea in the evening time. Dont deprive your self completely just be careful of all your choices and you can always have a little of what you love.

Reactions: 5
Hi all, my niece (qualified) gave me these pieces of advice

1 work out your calories on a weekly basis, if you go over one day, adjust the following day

2 start your week on a friday, see how much you use over the weekend then adjust the balance over the rest of the week. You'll learn not to over indulge as much.

3. As others said use mfp to track your calories but not to calculate them.

4. Don't use any calories from exercise as part of your daily calories, trackers aren't very accurate

Saying that I'm up two stone in past few years, new bf nights and meals out etc. So I need to heed my own advice.

🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone, up a stone since pre pregnancy but was also up a stone at that point, would be happy with stone and a half off. Had bad news today starting properly tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone, up a stone since pre pregnancy but was also up a stone at that point, would be happy with stone and a half off. Had bad news today starting properly tomorrow
Don't rush into it, now might not be the best time, hope you're ok

Reactions: 1
Hi all. So happy this thread was set up. I’m part of groups on fb and wouldn’t ever post or ask questions. I’m not shy about it cos you know there’s always someone you know in it and they’ll say it to someone else !! I’m struggling for snack ideas ? Only problem is I am gluten free. Have the sweet tooth of Willy Wonka ! Ps. Can anyone recommend a weighing scales to weigh yourself please. I have WW one from Tesco very inaccurate literally 8/9 lbs difference in standing on it in space of 5 mins. Looking forward to getting on this thread now.

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, looking forward to getting support and advice.... I lost almost 5 stone in 2018 on sw, had my daughter in lockdown in 2020, I'm back up again over my initial starting weight, I've been blaming covid, stress, plus multiple medical issues my daughter had had since she was born (none of which are life threatening but incredibly stressful) and a complete and utter lack of support from both our families has left me feeling very alone but realistically being a comfort eater I can only blame myself..... I need help getting my head back in the game, has anyone any good ideas on books or even insta accounts to follow for guidance?

Hope we can all help each other x

• Heart
Hi all. So happy this thread was set up. I’m part of groups on fb and wouldn’t ever post or ask questions. I’m not shy about it cos you know there’s always someone you know in it and they’ll say it to someone else !! I’m struggling for snack ideas ? Only problem is I am gluten free. Have the sweet tooth of Willy Wonka ! Ps. Can anyone recommend a weighing scales to weigh yourself please. I have WW one from Tesco very inaccurate literally 8/9 lbs difference in standing on it in space of 5 mins. Looking forward to getting on this thread now.
Hi I'm gluten free too .. why don't you make your own cakes etc. Very good company who sell gf cake and bread mixes are SOWANS you get 4 mixes for 10 euro. What I found with scales is : first a digital , leave in the one spot. What I did was put tape around scales so if I move it. I can put it back in same spot. Best weigh scale Fitbit aria air. Expensive but worth it. Good luck x

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, looking forward to getting support and advice.... I lost almost 5 stone in 2018 on sw, had my daughter in lockdown in 2020, I'm back up again over my initial starting weight, I've been blaming covid, stress, plus multiple medical issues my daughter had had since she was born (none of which are life threatening but incredibly stressful) and a complete and utter lack of support from both our families has left me feeling very alone but realistically being a comfort eater I can only blame myself..... I need help getting my head back in the game, has anyone any good ideas on books or even insta accounts to follow for guidance?

Hope we can all help each other x
Pinch of nom books are good, also the hairy dieters, I'd avoid the daily dish as all fakeaways

Reactions: 2
61lIRW6+gGL._SL1500_.jpg

Renpho is a great scales and extremely accurate you can link it to your fitbit. I got mine on amazon

I have 2.5stone to lose. When I was 10st 11lbs my sil suggested one to one by cwp - she sold it. Meal replacement for 2 years I tried it on it 2 days then binge results in me putting up 2 stone, it affected my job, relationship everything. Finally last Aug I said not doing it anymore so now I am trying to rewire my brain to eat healthy and less. So let's support each other.
Currently loving boredoflunch on insta

Looking to lose at least 10 to 15 lbs
Back using mfp and trying to stick to it

Reactions: 3
I’m so happy this was set up. I’ve been having mental health issues since Covid and both SSRIs I tried made me balloon. (That and diet of course!) feeling better and med free now, well I don’t know who can be happy gaining 4st but that’s another topic 😂
I moved to the states recently as well which doesn’t help, so hard to find cheap veg etc. I gained 4 stone from Feb 21-March 22, lost 2.5 as of this week but would like to tone up and keep it off. I’ve yo-yoed like this for years.

I’m also gluten free, love to cook and loads of recipe ideas. I do much better in a group setting. My friend group have worked out all their lives, so it’s easy to feel isolated. I have a lot of negative self talk when it comes to my body and food issues (“don’t even try, you have so much to lose anyway.” “You already ate a fecking sausage roll for breakfast what’s the point of having salad?” Type shite) so that’s why I love the group setting, it mutes that self talk for me and makes me feel I’m not alone 💪🏼

Some pages on insta that I find helpful are bored of lunch, irish calorie Queen- really helpful she has all the calories calculated for the recipes, Mrs dillons kitchen and Sean Casey fitness 😊 I was only looking at that Renpho scale online, think I will buy now. @literallycant very similar to you I have a 2.5year old from our 2nd round IVF, who also has stressful health issues this year so I totally understand.