Brummy Mummy #6 Plastic crap and Disney tat, still not afraid of acting like a bowler hat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree 8yr olds shouldn’t have their own channels and shouldn’t feature heavily in their parents vlogs.
But I have children and can’t imagine how upset my daughter would have been at 8 to have thumbs down on a video.
I mean that’s a reason that I wouldn’t let them have a channel as there are people out there that aren’t nice. Not just talking about the obvious dangers like stalkers and peadophiles but people who would take pleasure in putting negative comments on a young child’s page.

Reactions: 9
I agree 8yr olds shouldn’t have their own channels and shouldn’t feature heavily in their parents vlogs.
But I have children and can’t imagine how upset my daughter would have been at 8 to have thumbs down on a video.
I mean that’s a reason that I wouldn’t let them have a channel as there are people out there that aren’t nice. Not just talking about the obvious dangers like stalkers and peadophiles but people who would take pleasure in putting negative comments on a young child’s page.
No one has put a negative comment on her page, and Babs previously said she was running it, moderating comments and doing all the admin. The feedback via the thumbs down is hers and hers alone.

As a side and more general point I personally think it's healthy for children to learn that they won't always be liked and that their self worth doesn't come from external validation - obviously taught in an age appropriate way.

Reactions: 10
Brummy just gets worse and worse. Who on earth in their right mind thinks it’s a good idea for an 8 year old to have a you tube channel?!

I’m sure she’s justified it to herself though, so that’s okay then.

Reactions: 12
an 8 year old girl does not need to be informing strangers online of 30 facts about herself. Emma has made erin a youtube channel in the hopes erin will get sent toys, books etc to review. this is all this is, to try and get more money and free things etc. Its the first day the channel has been up and already emma has thrown a strop about the video getting ONE downvote and saying the person who did it should be ashamed? im sorry but how about shame on you emma!!! you're becoming an absolute disgrace. how long is it gonna be before Ethan wants his own channel because his sister has one? im not the biggest fan of louise but she would never ever let her own daughter have her own youtube channel and she limits how much she shows darcy in her videos as darcy isnt old enough to make a decision whether to be in them or not.

so shame on you emma. if erin was old enough and mature enough to have a youtube you wouldnt need to turn comments and votes off. by turning these features off you are clarifying what we are all saying, that she is too young and not mature enough to have her own youtube!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
No one has put a negative comment on her page, and Babs previously said she was running it, moderating comments and doing all the admin. The feedback via the thumbs down is hers and hers alone.

As a side and more general point I personally think it's healthy for children to learn that they won't always be liked and that their self worth doesn't come from external validation - obviously taught in an age appropriate way.
It’s extremely healthy for children, they only learn emotion by being shown emotion. If they get no negative, they won’t learn to self-regulate and handle negative. Poor Erin, is going to think Instagram is a marvellous place with her messed up mummy vetting her page!

Reactions: 17
It’s extremely healthy for children, they only learn emotion by being shown emotion. If they get no negative, they won’t learn to self-regulate and handle negative. Poor Erin, is going to think Instagram is a marvellous place with her messed up mummy vetting her page!
Absolutely right. She’s creating an echo chamber for her daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am absolutely gobsmacked that Erin has a channel, regulated by Emma or not it is against the regulations and so bloody irresponsible of Emma, but why are we really surprised ! And shame on you YouTube for not taking it down

Reactions: 17
This is where you see the massive difference between brummy and Louise. Yes Darcy pretty much grew up on YouTube but Louise protects her, asks Darcy if she wants to be filmed and most of all doesn’t encourage Darcy to partake in it all. Erin’s channel will be another source of Emma’s anxiety, needing to seek therapy because people has the audacity to thumbs down a video. Heaven forbid people have an opinion that differs from brummy.

I wonder what Louise thinks of Erin’s channel and all Emma’s antics. Louise used to target the younger generation but she adapted her channel to be more grown up as she was growing up, dating, etc and it was the best thing she did. Emma’s target audience is ‘family friendly’ and kids yet she talks about numb flaps, flashes and posts it with the tiny star over it.

Reactions: 19
Honestly this is horrific. Erin should absolutely not have a YouTube channel. The amount Emma posts about how social media has affected her and her mental health. Why on earth would you subject your child to the same thing. It absolutely baffles me and I am unfollowing her right now. So irresponsible. If social media has sent you to therapy, maybe don’t sign your daughter up to it.........DUH!!

Reactions: 23
an 8 year old girl does not need to be informing strangers online of 30 facts about herself. Emma has made erin a youtube channel in the hopes erin will get sent toys, books etc to review. this is all this is, to try and get more money and free things etc. Its the first day the channel has been up and already emma has thrown a strop about the video getting ONE downvote and saying the person who did it should be ashamed? im sorry but how about shame on you emma!!! you're becoming an absolute disgrace. how long is it gonna be before Ethan wants his own channel because his sister has one? im not the biggest fan of louise but she would never ever let her own daughter have her own youtube channel and she limits how much she shows darcy in her videos as darcy isnt old enough to make a decision whether to be in them or not.

so shame on you emma. if erin was old enough and mature enough to have a youtube you wouldnt need to turn comments and votes off. by turning these features off you are clarifying what we are all saying, that she is too young and not mature enough to have her own youtube!
yes, this 👆🏻This whole business makes me feel sick, it’s a bloody disgrace. How to completely f**k up an 8 year old child’s sense of self. The teachers at their school must just despair.

Reactions: 14
They are literally giving people with not so nice intentions exactly what they want and more.
Can easily find their address
School uniform has featured in pictures
Pictures of the kids in swimsuits
Erin has her own YouTube channel in which she’s just uploaded “30 facts about herself”
Emma, can you be even more bloody stupid?!?

Reactions: 15
How sad that it has completely taken over their lives like this. As someone said earlier, what happens when Ethan wants a channel? And I wonder how long it’s going to take Stephen to jump on the bandwagon? He is already dipping his toe in with all of his cringey appearances in her choreographed skits. I just can’t even imagine how a family functions when they are all obsessed with sharing their lives online. It’s so messed up!

Clearly far from safety conscious isn't she, YouTube channel for a child who is far too young, and my biggest pet peeve allowing her to mess around in the car like that and only using a backless booster, surely if her neck is a bit off a hbb with plenty of support would be much better for her, I wouldn't be surprised if the booster seat dissappears over the summer "because she's too old/big now" 🙄
I did wonder about the booster seat, Erin must have just been old enough to be on a booster only seat just before the law changed. She looks quite small for her age though I don’t know why she wouldn’t have her in a more protective seat

Reactions: 3
I did wonder about the booster seat, Erin must have just been old enough to be on a booster only seat just before the law changed. She looks quite small for her age though I don’t know why she wouldn’t have her in a more protective seat
I vaguely remember them having some car seats/booster seats gifted a while back. Maybe by Halfords?

Reactions: 4
They are literally giving people with not so nice intentions exactly what they want and more.
Can easily find their address
School uniform has featured in pictures
Pictures of the kids in swimsuits
Erin has her own YouTube channel in which she’s just uploaded “30 facts about herself”
Emma, can you be even more bloody stupid?!?
But “Stephen” needs to check on here to make sure we aren’t sharing addresses etc, in order to keep her children safe!
She is the biggest hypocrite going.....

If it goes against youtube guidelines for age it needs reporting
It’s actually really difficult to report, I tried yesterday, it doesn’t fit into any of the options that you tube give to report it, so it gets thrown back. I tried on my phone, so don’t know if that’s why.
It does need something doing though, and not because we are being mean Emma, because it’s totally irresponsible!

Reactions: 7
She’s not small. Babs is always talking about how tall she is for her age. In fact I’m surprised it wasn’t one of the 30 facts about her!

Reactions: 2
It’s actually really difficult to report, I tried yesterday, it doesn’t fit into any of the options that you tube give to report it, so it gets thrown back. I tried on my phone, so don’t know if that’s why.
It does need something doing though, and not because we are being mean Emma, because it’s totally irresponsible!
I've just tried and they accepted it and said they were looking into it

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.