Brummy Mummy #20 can’t watch the news and hitting the booze

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently listening to Radio 5, they are talking about mental health.

One of the contributors mentioned about buying your way out of sadness isn’t the answer. *Rephrasing as wasnt fully listening but it definitely made me think about Brummy Mummy.

Reactions: 6
She’s making it sound as if the Disney holiday to Paris was already booked. I suspect it’s Halloween because she is obsessed with it. She really might need to look into cancelling that, she’s so dumb!
I also suspect that this summer’s WDW hadn’t been cancelled, just postponed until 2021. What an absolute tool! Risk people’s health so you have some content for the gram or YouTube. Don’t know why her friends and family don’t try to reason with her. Are they all as stupid as her?

I’ve been on babs threads for a long time and have never noticed one vulnerable person?

We all seem very clued up and a lot stronger than babs herself 🤷‍♀️
I really don't want to keep discussing this and it's really derailing the thread (which I did apologise for in my first comment, sorry guys!) but there are a LOT of people following this thread, and I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone the statistics surrounding mental health.

I was really touched recently when people were supporting each other on the thread when discussing their current situations- new babies at home, partners working away, key workers absolutely exhausted. I just didn't want anyone who might be struggling to be put off from getting help. That is all, I promise.

A private therapist has completely changed/saved my life in the past year (along with countless wonderful NHS staff in the past) and I just didn't think the comments on that were fair. It's a privilege, I know. I wasn't in any way defending Brummy in this instance though!

I'm going to go back to lurking now. I've been on this site since the transition from GG (I remember commenting on a Louise thread asking what people thought of Meldrum before she even had a thread... look how that has grown!) and I do feel a bit gutted about this situation as I was only trying to be kind. Maybe time for a lie-down cry in the shower?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She is actually pathetic
I really don't want to keep discussing this and it's really derailing the thread (which I did apologise for in my first comment, sorry guys!) but there are a LOT of people following this thread, and I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone the statistics surrounding mental health.

I was really touched recently when people were supporting each other on the thread when discussing their current situations- new babies at home, partners working away, key workers absolutely exhausted. I just didn't want anyone who might be struggling to be put off from getting help. That is all, I promise.

A private therapist has completely changed/saved my life in the past year (along with countless wonderful NHS staff in the past) and I just didn't think the comments on that were fair. It's a privilege, I know. I wasn't in any way defending Brummy in this instance though!

I'm going to go back to lurking now. I've been on this site since the transition from GG (I remember commenting on a Louise thread asking what people thought of Meldrum before she even had a thread... look how that has grown!) and I do feel a bit gutted about this situation as I was only trying to be kind. Maybe time for a lie-down cry in the shower?
For the record I completely agree with your comments about private therapy.. people need to do what is right for them and reaching out via whatever means possible and afforded to you should not be stigmatised. Good point.
However I don’t think any of us need to be corrected on how we have interpreted what Emma has said or done. There’s already a place where her actions are justified and defended and this isn’t it. It wasn’t my intention to be unkind but perhaps this just isn’t the right thread for you. All the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
On another note.. what an absolute wanker she is mentioning the little DLP trip she has booked in. Again, she can’t bring herself to go shopping for the family but she is still planning a trip to Disney? How on earth could that still be a possibility at the moment? Nobody knows what this virus will be doing in a week let alone months down the track. But please don’t let a global pandemic get in the way of you doing you Bab!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
DLP must be for halloween we won't be allowed to travel for pleasure if the quarantine is still in place it will be people travelling for work. And I believe they were trying to strike a deal with France. Also its only if you travel by plane so the tunnel wouldn't count if they got the train or drove (which is stupid in my opinion )
And as for the Disney World holiday I bet they haven't cancelled I bet they have moved it I wish she would be clearer

I'm astounded that the reason shes given for not wanting to go in August is not wanting to wear a mask in that heat, nevermind the fact that a killer virus is still rampant! 😒

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I do think her husband and the rest of her family, and probably his, must be all as dumb as each other if they think it is a good idea to let the kids go on holiday, or book another holiday with the risk of letting the kids down again or potentially losing money.

Halloween, Christmas, holidays.., she can't live without knowing there's something materialistic and excessive on the horizon so that she can spend spend spend, eat eat eat, booze booze booze. She's the least inspiring influencer out there, she even fails at motivating herself to do something imaginative and fun with her own day. She sits watching TV all day waiting for a reason to buy ridiculous amounts of tat. Such an unfulfilled life, she can't be a happy woman.

Reactions: 9
Oh look shes left the house and buying plants.. why can't she do the food shop

Reactions: 9
Oh look shes left the house and buying plants.. why can't she do the food shop
She never does the food shop normally. Stephen orders it online. Seeing as he does all the cooking it probably makes sense he orders the food seeing as she probably doesn’t know what a vegetable looks like!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So much for being too anxious to go anywhere and Stephen having to lie to her about what it's like out there

Cue B&M tit hauls anytime soon. They're still open.

Reactions: 4
She's probably going to film a tour of her plants.

Stephen has to do the shop because he's the one with the money because she can't be trusted. If you sent her to do a food shop she'd come back with nothing but pimms, tampons and her own pamphlet.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.