Brummy Mummy #115 She's a Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Bat looking for a bit more plastic tat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s obviously not friends with any of the mums. Even if she had missed the newsletter (I’ve missed bits off my sons school newsletter before! But I do have a proper job and a busy life!) but one of the other mums I’m friends with has mentioned ‘oh did you see’ or someone posts on the year group closed Facebook group. You always find out one way or another. Which leads me to believe she isn’t friends with any of the other mums.
Most of the other parents try to avoid her. They all know what she does on sm and they don’t like it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
It’s not a bar it’s a glorified bar table with stalls and a non weather proof roof. I’m waiting for the picture of her sat on one of those rickety stalls… notice the pics stood near the chair and using it as a cover! (I’m a size 18 so not fat shaming I’d just rather her say it come with these chairs but my bum cheeks will probably swallow it)

It’s not a bar it’s a glorified bar table with stalls and a non weather proof roof. I’m waiting for the picture of her sat on one of those rickety stalls… notice the pics stood near the chair and using it as a cover! (I’m a size 18 so not fat shaming I’d just rather her say it come with these chairs but my bum cheeks will probably swallow it)
Also not a generic everything in size 18 fits me I could be a 16-22 dependent on day of the week, month of the year, start of a holiday vs the end etc etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
She’s actually talking about a glass of water….. WATER!!! Literally is there anything more dull….maybe a water poll coming up… what’s better Evian or smart water, tap unfiltered or filtered!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Bab. You would never drink water and have never drank water that’s clear from your complexion (which isn’t clear 😂)

AndI can categorically say we did drink water in the 80s because some of us couldn’t afford fizzy drinks or even squash. It was and always will be council pop to me and I still call it that to my kids so duck off with your excuses for being a unhealthy bleep

Reactions: 30
Sorry is she seriously saying as a child she never had a glass of water? Quality parenting from the wets if that’s the case.

Reactions: 24
Not caught up yet as I’ve been at work but I had to highlight this out and out lie. Babs, you are not online to help others, it’s all for your own gratification.
8301F39F-AE6D-4D64-B297-0BC44D6030F5.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
I can't work out if she's trying to say that Erin is amazing for asking for water (side note 11 years old asking for a drink surely she just gets her own) or if she's trying to make her parents look bad for never encouraging her to drink water! it does explain a lot though as I don't think she drinks water now.

Reactions: 20
The lack of water drinking in their household does explain why her mum and sister also look dried up old prunes too!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Honestly aaarrrgggh the pop man wasn’t just a thing you had you dick. Masons pop was all over Brum and probably elsewhere but def Brum since at least the 1950s (my uncle used to scale the walls to Nick the bottles and get pennies back from handing them back in) and also the co-op dairy used to deliver pop. Mainly lemonade, cream soda and dandelion & burdock ffs you aren’t special Emma!
well you are because we only had pop at Christmas and Easter and council pop the rest of the time but that’s not the point!
Next she will be talking about the Chinese delivery van (that drove round roads and cooked the food whilst you waited because there wasn’t the “normal” take always there are now) that came to each area once a week or energy sandwiches

oh wait you were a middle to upper class brummIE wasn’t you head? Your family were not the 1/10 in the 80d that most of us were scrimping and saving, your biggestgrip was you only had one bleeping car you absolutemelt.
I wish she’d stop trying to make out she was relatable by talking about this stuff Birmingham (and the country) in the 80s growing up was the worst of times and the best of times but she still has no clue

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m 40 and I never drank water on its own, we always had squash. I don’t think it was as widely thought of as healthy/essential to drink water like it is now. Just like no one cared about doing 10 000 steps a day. So I get her. But seriously 😴😴😴😴 What makes her think this is important enough to chat about??
Oh and while I’m on it - she was still wrong about the ice lolly thing - it’s not an ice pop, it’s an ice pole. Still a twit.

Reactions: 19
Why doesn't she say "hey tattle, this is why I don't drink water...." and be done with it

And no, not drinking water in the 80s or whenever wasn't a thing, it's just that some of us has parents who cared about our health and discouraged sugary drinks. She seems to think this is something funny to boast about and gives her an excuse for her current unhealthy lifestyle but it really isn't, it's just sad.

Reactions: 20
I wish she would do an anon Q&A like some of the other influencers……..😂

There’s a content idea for you Babs

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Screenshot_20220713-183248_Google.jpg

So she's referring to this!
The Corona (there were other brands) pop man!
It was a nationwide door to door pop selling service! Definitely not just in brum and pretty much EVERYONE who grew up in the 60's to 80's will remember this.
Why is she so thick? Why does she think its just her that remembers these things 🤦‍♀️🙄
bleeping hell!!!!!

I can't work out if she's trying to say that Erin is amazing for asking for water (side note 11 years old asking for a drink surely she just gets her own) or if she's trying to make her parents look bad for never encouraging her to drink water! it does explain a lot though as I don't think she drinks water now.
I also wondered why, at 11years old, E is not getting her own glass of water? That kid is in for one hell of a shock at secondary school!

Reactions: 23
We had the Alpine man and the Corona man. Also drank water. Not from Brum though!

And my 11 year old drinks water as her drink of choice.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.