Brogan Tate #82 never the bridesmaid, never the bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an absolute load of twaddle. Sorry, but why the hell does a ring mean full commitment. I know people who have been engaged and married and then divorced within a few years because that ring actually meant naff all and one of them cheated, and people who have been together 10+ years with zero sign of a ring and have been more happy and committed to each other. I didn't realise that we had some how gone back in time and a ring was the be all and end all. For me, a bigger commitment is a house, a child etc, they lend some sort of permanence to a relationship, a bit of Bling and a piece of paper are just that! They don't mean anything in the grand scheme of it, it's how you live and see each other that matters.

If you're with the right person, you just know, ring or no ring. Personally I've been engaged 3 years (he proposed after 1) and I can tell you it'll probably be another few years before we eventually say I do, it's just not that important to us, because we already live as though we are married, and even if we weren't engaged, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to how we feel about each other!
Glad someone said this 👏👏 rings really don't mean anything, they just look pretty! I don't get why some women are so obsessed with getting engaged/married.
And I actually don't feel like brogan is THAT bothered about it happening soon either. As someone said, she more excited for the potential content one day but I don't think she's gagging for a ring at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This same discussion happens on the Zoella threads. It doesn't matter what your personal opinions are on marriage. The point is both women in question appear to want it, they want the proposal to come from the BF and it isn't happening.

Reactions: 29
This is true. For what it's worth I think Brogan does want a ring/wedding but she doesn't want it for her or Benji. She wants it to boast, which is the motive behind almost everything she does.

Reactions: 32
But they’ve clearly discussed it because why on earth would the sudden constant wedding/engagement chat come from? Brogan is thick but no way in hell would she discuss any of that without having had that discussion with Benji. Now, she’s quietened down because it didn’t happen when she expected or Benji has said it’ll be a while longer.

The people who’ve been on the thread longer may remember that I always wanted kids but due to my partners health conditions I made the difficult decision that staying with him meant having no biological kids of our own because at the time we thought his condition was genetic & he would never want to put a child through what he went through. THAT was a tough cal but I love my partner far too much and decided to make that decision. (we’ve now learned that there is no increased chance of it being passed on than it just happening naturally as it did with my fella!)
What would have been stupid is to stay and then be miserable or complain that I don’t have kids. So yes, if you’re partner actively says they don’t want marriage and you stay then that’s on you but don’t put being engaged within 1 year as the absolute norm otherwise your partner doesn’t want to marry you… bloody hell, what a way to make people insecure :(

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I know Brogan has rabbited on about it saying their plan is house, dog, marriage BUT have we ever heard Ben taking part in that conversation? We did hear him say don’t hold your breath once.

Also, she’s been quite vocal that she doesn’t want to have kids, and nor should she have them tbh the selfish article would not make a good mum with how she presently is, BUT does Ben not want kids? I would have thought he would, he seems the sort to want kids.

Personally I think this is all Brogan bulldozing HER wants into the relationship. It’s all about B.

Reactions: 13
I can’t believe people think brogan doesn’t want to get married when she did 2 episodes of her podcast about it and the amount of Hints in videos etc has been staggering !!! I think we can safely say she is desperate for a ring , if only for content and status !

I don’t think marriage is the be all and end all commitment , and think those saying rings are the ultimate commitment are wrong but people need to put aside their personal feelings and not project them onto brogan ; she is gagging for a proposal !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I know we all like to speculate but brogan has not mentioned that she is expecting a ring this Christmas or next year so I’m not sure where this big idea that she was expecting to be proposed to came from.
She was discussing wedding things because she’d been to a lot of friends weddings this year and was giving her ideas for the future. Obviously she wants it to happen but she’s never going to say publicly that it’s going to happen at a specific time.
I think after moving in together, having a dog etc if she doesn’t get proposed to in 2022 she’ll start asking questions. Not in a horrible way but I hope they go their separate ways and brogan improves herself.
If benji does propose I feel like it will be the beginning of the end. A ring means nothing if two people aren’t meant to be. The pressure of wedding planning and the thought of a lifetime together will surely push benji further away.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know we all like to speculate but brogan has not mentioned that she is expecting a ring this Christmas or next year so I’m not sure where this big idea that she was expecting to be proposed to came from.
She was discussing wedding things because she’d been to a lot of friends weddings this year and was giving her ideas for the future. Obviously she wants it to happen but she’s never going to say publicly that it’s going to happen at a specific time.
I think after moving in together, having a dog etc if she doesn’t get proposed to in 2022 she’ll start asking questions. Not in a horrible way but I hope they go their separate ways and brogan improves herself.
If benji does propose I feel like it will be the beginning of the end. A ring means nothing if two people aren’t meant to be. The pressure of wedding planning and the thought of a lifetime together will surely push benji further away.
She made a comment (either on a vlog, podcast or Instagram comment) it wasn’t her time yet, they’d discussed it And it would happen soon! So that’s what everyone’s gone for and she has said before she’d like to be married by the time she’s 30

Reactions: 12
She made a comment (either on a vlog, podcast or Instagram comment) it wasn’t her time yet, they’d discussed it And it would happen soon! So that’s what everyone’s gone for and she has said before she’d like to be married by the time she’s 30
Married by 30, she's 27 now and due to covid and everything, weddings basically have to be booked 2 years in advance (wedding coordinator here and my venue ran out of Saturdays next year by April 2021) so based on that I'd say shes expecting to be engaged by her 28th birthday

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't think Benj is fussed about Brogan personally which is why he hasn't proposed but he likes the attention and status of being with an "influencer" and Bog is terrified of Benj leaving her and being alone which is why the relationship is dragging on

Reactions: 9
Where has the engagement speculation came?
- The endless ‘I can’t wait for it to be our turn’ posts
- The podcasts talking about her ideal hen do and wedding
- Gushing over dresses and again saying she can’t wait until it’s her turn - she’s already planned to vlog it all
- Shes bought Disney bride ears for her hen do

She’s had an itchy finger all year!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
My view is if your girlfriend wants to be engaged and you intend on marrying her, have been together for a reasonable amount of time and are in the financial position to do so then you should just propose.

Why would you want to leave someone you love in suspense when they so clearly want a proposal? Feels a bit mean to me.

Reactions: 11
This is true. For what it's worth I think Brogan does want a ring/wedding but she doesn't want it for her or Benji. She wants it to boast, which is the motive behind almost everything she does.
Absolutely. It’s all about showing off and all of the content she could create for her channel.

Reactions: 6
They probably discussed it at the start of the relationship and agreed they both wanted marriage and babies in the future,BUT brogan is not the same person she was at the start of the relationship,maybe he like that brogan better than this one

Reactions: 3
My view is if your girlfriend wants to be engaged and you intend on marrying her, have been together for a reasonable amount of time and are in the financial position to do so then you should just propose.

Why would you want to leave someone you love in suspense when they so clearly want a proposal? Feels a bit mean to me.
I completely agree, it’s kinda embarrassing for her to keep telling everyone how this is what she wants and he is clearly not bothered!

Reactions: 6
Where has the engagement speculation came?
- The endless ‘I can’t wait for it to be our turn’ posts
- The podcasts talking about her ideal hen do and wedding
- Gushing over dresses and again saying she can’t wait until it’s her turn - she’s already planned to vlog it all
- Shes bought Disney bride ears for her hen do

She’s had an itchy finger all year!
AND she has the BroganLever account all set up ready to go!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This same discussion happens on the Zoella threads. It doesn't matter what your personal opinions are on marriage. The point is both women in question appear to want it, they want the proposal to come from the BF and it isn't happening.
there is ALOT of projection on these type of topics i find.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.