Brogan Tate #38 Camel-no!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her frustration about delays getting planning permission for a drop kerb made her come across as more of a tool than usual. The process of applying for permission for a drop kerb is pretty simple (not always simple getting permission though!) and she made out like it was the most difficult thing ever and bemoaning that her council were the ones causing problems. Hey Brogan, maybe the problem is you and that you can't complete and provide info for a simple online application form?

Local authorities have been bending over backwards during the pandemic to provide key services to local communities and managing extreme workloads, but of course the priority has to be Brogan's drop kerb :rolleyes: She is so spoilt and out of touch, serves her right if her council refuses permission.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
'We didn't want a new build because we wanted to make it our own'

Is that why you installed a cheap looking his and hers IKEA unit double sink when you could have got a builder to do it for you properly? Is that why everything is white? How's the garden coming along?

I bought a new build last year and it already has more personality than your entire place. It's not perfect but it doesn't have damp and a bleeping hole in the roof.

What an ignorant head. Falling apart like her crappy beige house.
My partners sister bought a new build with her now husband about two years ago.

The place when they first got it was all plain & white walls. The way they have decorated over the last two years has made it look amazing & this year during lockdown they did the whole garden up. Added a decked Bbq area.

They are looking to sell Due to the no stamp duty & they have been priced 60k over what they paid

it just shows hard work & turning a shell into a home someone else could move right into makes you money

Reactions: 20
Her ads have dried up a bit haven’t they? Other than her on going Big PotateAd, her last grid post ad was Desenio on 4 September and before that Tangle Teezer on 21 August. Before that I think it was the Always ad in May?!

I know she has had story posts and function of beauty yt vid but feel like her work is def drying up... I guess 1 ad a month is enough to live off tho 😬
Mummy moneys (sorry mooney handouts)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She really shouldn’t be advising, or even commenting on, how much deposit to put down. If the housing market crashes / a buyer realises her house is on the verge of collapse, and she’s only got a small deposit she could end up in negative equity.

I am enjoying watching her try and defend her deposit in the comments though.

Reactions: 25
Her ads have dried up a bit haven’t they? Other than her on going Big PotateAd, her last grid post ad was Desenio on 4 September and before that Tangle Teezer on 21 August. Before that I think it was the Always ad in May?!

I know she has had story posts and function of beauty yt vid but feel like her work is def drying up... I guess 1 ad a month is enough to live off tho 😬
This is why I wonder WTF she does all day when she claims to be "sooooooooooo busy working" - her inbox must be on its last legs, surely?!

Reactions: 11
This is why I wonder WTF she does all day when she claims to be "sooooooooooo busy working" - her inbox must be on its last legs, surely?!
Just realised Function of Beauty was actually 9th July too. She must be getting worried about this lack of ad work surely?

Reactions: 10
Who would believe that you have to have insurance on your house before you move in?
I’m pretty sure the bank would be happy to let you off on a £300,000+ mortgage if your empty house set on fire, or was taken out by storm Edna...
Wow her intelligence astounds me!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh wait! Just remembered she is fine not to do ads because she had the self employment covid grant from the government 🙃

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
She really shouldn’t be advising, or even commenting on, how much deposit to put down. If the housing market crashes / a buyer realises her house is on the verge of collapse, and she’s only got a small deposit she could end up in negative equity.

I am enjoying watching her try and defend her deposit in the comments though.
Absolutely this!

I find it absolutely astounding and embarrassing she is openly telling people it worked out better to put down a smaller deposit? I worked as a mortgage administrator a few years ago and as someone said above they were absolutely had by their mortgage broker. The broker earns their commission on the mortgage they sell, different lenders offer different percentages and of course the bigger the mortgage the more commission there is! The more deposit you have the better rate you can get as the loan to value is less, lenders usually have set brackets of interest rates correlating to loan to value, so if our client had 15% deposit, but could stretch to 20%, their rate would be lower on an 80% mortgage equalling lower monthly mortgage payments so we’d recommend the 20% deposit.

If anything I think she was so desperate to get their own house as fast as possible, it’s clear she has convinced herself the minimum deposit they put down and the lack of homebuyers survey was the right thing to do. I actually think it’s really poor she is putting these videos out that other young people may watch and think she is correct and knows what she is talking about! Having worked in that sector I feel so strongly that financial advice should be given in schools as I knew nothing about credit scores, mortgages or even council tax bills until I worked there and we had so many young buyers come to us with no clue either

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Absolutely this!

I find it absolutely astounding and embarrassing she is openly telling people it worked out better to put down a smaller deposit? I worked as a mortgage administrator a few years ago and as someone said above they were absolutely had by their mortgage broker. The broker earns their commission on the mortgage they sell, different lenders offer different percentages and of course the bigger the mortgage the more commission there is! The more deposit you have the better rate you can get as the loan to value is less, lenders usually have set brackets of interest rates correlating to loan to value, so if our client had 15% deposit, but could stretch to 20%, their rate would be lower on an 80% mortgage equalling lower monthly mortgage payments so we’d recommend the 20% deposit.

If anything I think she was so desperate to get their own house as fast as possible, it’s clear she has convinced herself the minimum deposit they put down and the lack of homebuyers survey was the right thing to do. I actually think it’s really poor she is putting these videos out that other young people may watch and think she is correct and knows what she is talking about! Having worked in that sector I feel so strongly that financial advice should be given in schools as I knew nothing about credit scores, mortgages or even council tax bills until I worked there and we had so many young buyers come to us with no clue either
My mortgage broker was (pleasantly) surprised that I came with a basic budget I'd planned and printed out from Excel :ROFLMAO:

He was a one-off fee guy, his services are free for me whenever I want/need to go back for advice (and in fact, free from any of the estate agency's branches, if I can't see him for some reason). There's a tip you won't see in Brog's video.

Why the duck is she telling people it’s better to put down a smaller deposit?! Simply not true.
Also brogan, because of Covid (where I’m from anyway- ) most lenders are now not accepting anything lower than a 15% deposit 👍👍👍 bit of research wouldnt go a miss.

Reactions: 26
whats the betting she has a self care day tomorrow and posts be kind quotes, being easy on yourself quotes and doing the best you can quotes on insta-stories :ROFLMAO:

Even though I doubt very much she will have a youtube channel left when they eventually do try to sell, part of me really hopes she still does purely for the absolute meltdowns that will come when she realises all the problems with the house that she couldn't be bothered to fix. Least she can write it all down in her planner and give herself a sticker though.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Why the duck is she telling people it’s better to put down a smaller deposit?! Simply not true.
Also brogan, because of Covid (where I’m from anyway- ) most lenders are now not accepting anything lower than a 15% deposit 👍👍👍 bit of research wouldnt go a miss.
Oh Brogie doesn’t do research for videos she expects people to “google it”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
whats the betting she has a self care day tomorrow and posts be kind quotes, being easy on yourself quotes and doing the best you can quotes on insta-stories :ROFLMAO:

Even though I doubt very much she will have a youtube channel left when they eventually do try to sell, part of me really hopes she still does purely for the absolute meltdowns that will come when she realises all the problems with the house that she couldn't be bothered to fix. Least she can write it all down in her planner and give herself a sticker though.
And give herself a sticker though 😂😂😂😂😂😂💀

• Haha
Reactions: 11
that video was a complete shambles from the get go!
talking about showing her mates ...sorry "OUR mates" round her house as if it's some swanky mansion when in reality it's nothing special at all filled with Disney tat...pure tack!

she came across real smug and belittling and very show offish! which I suppose fits her persona perfectly!

of course darling geurl Bonnie gets a mention and her boyf bengal tiger!

HATE how she calls her living room a lounge and just how she speaks in general and those tombstone teeth would make u sick!

brogan love get off your high horse darling

still can't get over she talks about being in her mid twenties and feelin so grown up yet she is surrounded by mickey mouse galore and wtf has she that Disney suitcase sitting out for like it's part of her Disney shrine. grow up brogan and make your house a proper home not an overgrown baby's play house.

good luck having garden parties in that jungle of yours,maybe your next door neighbour will let you host it there saying as you love to post pics of their garden as if it's your own.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I was trying to watch this with subtitles on because she annoys the hell out of me but I can't even do that.

She's just started the first tip and I've lost count of the amount of times she has said it has been a whole year. WE GET IT!

Did she also say they had no chain because they were sellers? Erm...

Surely she could of held off the rum and coke to film a video!

Very few comments but then I guess that's what happens what you can't handle any comments not blowing smoke up your arse.

I can't even.

Any ideas what she means by her question in the reply to this comment?
Screenshot_20201001-025635_YouTube.jpg

• Haha
She gets that paying for insurance annually and not monthly saved them money.
But she seems to not get that if you make a smaller mortgage deposit and smaller monthly payments you will lose more money...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t understand her throwing up a video like this but not wanting to do another stitch fix unboxing when those are guaranteed solid numbers of view and even possible new viewers???

Reactions: 12
My partners sister bought a new build with her now husband about two years ago.

The place when they first got it was all plain & white walls. The way they have decorated over the last two years has made it look amazing & this year during lockdown they did the whole garden up. Added a decked Bbq area.

They are looking to sell Due to the no stamp duty & they have been priced 60k over what they paid

it just shows hard work & turning a shell into a home someone else could move right into makes you money
They’re very lucky. We’ve spent a fortune on our new build but unfortunately due to local authority construction works (which our conveyancing solicitors neglected to tell us about but that’s a different matter) all of our road is now worthless! People have tried to sell unsuccessfully and the houses have depreciated by at least £50k.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Definitely got mugged off by their broker 🤣
I use the same broker as her - I’m local to her and I actually know her broker personally. Actually found it funny when Brogan shared her details 😂

100% wouldn’t have been mugged off - she’s actually the loveliest woman. Goes above and beyond. More likely that brogan has formed her own conclusion from advice she’s been given.

also, as far as I’m aware the broker doesn’t charge (she didn’t charge me) as she’s employed by her company rather than being self employed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.