Brogan Tate #27 Thinks she’s Colleen Rooney, broke lockdown rules for an icecream scoopy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To give her the benefit of the doubt, the pandemic has clearly had a mental impact on all of us and everyone will deal differently with the situation and the capacity to be productive. I know I am struggling to do my work. So I’m not going to be too harsh.
Eh I find it hard to empathise with this though really like I’ve found the lockdown hard too but I couldn’t just decide not to come to work without giving my boss an explanation. I couldn’t just text them saying ‘i don’t know x’ if they asked me when I’d be in next.

She has so many benefits and perks from working from home, she can decide as and when etc and works the hours she wants to - however there are people who essentially give her that luxury. If it wasn’t for her subscribers or viewers she wouldn’t be able to work like that, she doesn’t have any other income etc so it’s only fair that she responds with more than a couple of words to people who are asking, even if she’s having a hard time with it all right now.

Reactions: 32
I just don’t think it’s hard when this is her JOB and INCOME to be a little more polite to those who watch her and allow her to live this life style to post a quick update across her socials .. doesn’t even need to be a video can be a written post saying “sorry guys, I’m really struggling at the moment because of x,y and z. I don’t want to produce content when I feel like this, that I can’t be proud of blah blah. I’ll be back next week/in 2 weeks/next month. In the meantime, stay safe and well. See you soon” instead, she is rude to people who tweet her and posts pictures/videos of her lying in bed/playing her keyboard etc. If she wants some time off, have real time off and don’t post anything. I find it insulting that I am struggling to deal with all this, just like everyone else. I haven’t seen my family for 7 weeks. I have followed social distancing. I still have to work (I’m lucky I can do it from home) even on the days I feel crap. I can’t send my manager a message saying I’m not doing my work today and I “don’t know” when I will.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I was never on furlough. I’ve worked every single day of this pandemic 9-5 in the office while other members of my team got furlough. I’ve been doing 3 people’s work all by myself.
If you claim this is your “job” brogan then bleeping do it. Imagine me taking time off for my boss to ask when I’m coming back. “Don’t know yet”

I hope you never get another brand deal again lazy duck

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I was never on furlough. I’ve worked every single day of this pandemic 9-5 in the office while other members of my team got furlough. I’ve been doing 3 people’s work all by myself.
If you claim this is your “job” brogan then bleeping do it. Imagine me taking time off for my boss to ask when I’m coming back. “Don’t know yet”

I hope you never get another brand deal again lazy duck
She just wants to play animal crossing and have ben pander to her every need I really hope that their relationship is breaking down this guy deserves a medal an brogan needs a wake up call

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I do think the pandemic is having an effect on her mental health which is really hard to watch and I do hope she is okay and seeking help. I know its having an affect on many peoples mental health and productivity. But again I agree with the others that this is her job and lots of us have to continue with our jobs regardless. It would be so nice for her to just make a quick instagram video or something saying how she is feeling and that she is struggling to make videos so she wants some time off. I think a lot of people would relate.

So, on another note. I am watching the Florida vlogs with Charlotte. I have never seen them before but its so odd that they went together but there is barely any shots of them together or much input from Charlotte in the videos. She could have said "oh what did you have for your meal?" "did you enjoy that ride" etc. Am I missing something?

Reactions: 5
She does seem ‘down’ of late but I don’t feel sorry for her. Sorry if that makes me an awful person but I don’t.
We are all going through the same thing with this situation and are having highs and lows. It’s affecting many people’s mental health, relationships, livelihoods, lives... just some of us chose to get on with it and not live with our head in a Switch playing Animal Crossing 🤷🏻‍♀️
I get it, there’s obviously stuff going on behind the scenes we don’t see with her causing this but then she shouldn’t pretend all is fantastic and amazing and wonderful. She needs to just be REAL. Yes in some of her old Vlogs she was a tit show at times, sitting in her car having meltdowns crying over trivial stuff but that’s what made her relatable and real - we’ve all had those moments (crying over the stupidest things!) even if we don’t care to admit it.

Reading between the lines this comment today about her upcoming trip doesn’t suggest the excitement or optimism she has previously had about it... perhaps she was meant to be flying from Gatwick and now faces the reality of getting refunds and new flights etc?

Attachments

Reactions: 7
As a self employed person from June she can claim from the government due to a reduction in her income.
There is no way Bogie is going to work through this time when she can lay in her pit, play AC and let the taxpayer pay her wages ! There is a cap on how much you can claim but even so it's money for nothing !

Reactions: 8
To give her the benefit of the doubt, the pandemic has clearly had a mental impact on all of us and everyone will deal differently with the situation and the capacity to be productive. I know I am struggling to do my work. So I’m not going to be too harsh.

However, her job IS working from home anyway and she’s obviously had a lot of time to be engaging in petty behaviour and trying to bring down someone else’s livelihood. So I’m not sure. The last year I do think she got quite lazy as far as developing a niche for herself goes. I think she could have grown her channel significantly more by now if she had worked on this. She just saw the attention from Disney videos and thought that could sustain her and no other efforts were needed. I’d like to see her really find out what her “brand” is. She used to have a real likeability and she is in that age bracket of 20 year olds discovering all the highs and lows of adulthood. Perhaps a part of her lazy attitude right now is caused a lack of direction or purpose.
I agree with your first paragraph - aside from working from home (which I’m fortunate to be able to do), I haven’t been very productive and it has affected my mental health. That’s not my issue with Brogan, it’s the fact she hasn’t acknowledged anything or used her platform to help others. It’s her selfish attitude that gets to me, not her level of productiveness.

Reactions: 6
It's not like she is doing much now that's different to before lockdown anyway since she's be at home all day. Not buying any mental health angle either- get on with it like the rest of us. The entire world is in the same boat.
I don't think she's sounded enthusiastic about trips for ages- it's like she almost expects them now. When you have this sense of entitlement and get handed things without working or saving for them can you really appreciate them in the same way? Total contrast to years ago when she worked and earned her trips.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I do think the pandemic is having an effect on her mental health which is really hard to watch and I do hope she is okay and seeking help. I know its having an affect on many peoples mental health and productivity. But again I agree with the others that this is her job and lots of us have to continue with our jobs regardless. It would be so nice for her to just make a quick instagram video or something saying how she is feeling and that she is struggling to make videos so she wants some time off. I think a lot of people would relate.

So, on another note. I am watching the Florida vlogs with Charlotte. I have never seen them before but its so odd that they went together but there is barely any shots of them together or much input from Charlotte in the videos. She could have said "oh what did you have for your meal?" "did you enjoy that ride" etc. Am I missing something?
I think she did actually film Charlotte but cut all those clips out when she got home and started editing (to me this just shows she's got things to hide and is the one in the wrong) . You should watch Charlotte's vlogs to see it from the other perspective too.

Reactions: 14
I think the possibility of her Disney trip being cancelled will have had a massive effect on her. Until last week (I think?) she was talking like there was no possibility of her not going. She was counting down the days.. now I think she is realising there is a good chance it won’t go ahead.

Reactions: 9
I get that she’s suffering mentally in this pandemic - we all are. But i’m just struggling to understand why she can’t make videos. It’s not as if ‘she can’t adjust to working from home’ her life has barely changed. She can still make videos surely? I can’t say to my work oh im not coming in tomorrow or nah think i’ll come in at dinner on monday.

These ‘youtubers’ make me laugh, they wonder why there channels are growing CONSISTENCY IS KEY. fair play on brogan she’s uploaded almost every monday at 6pm for years and this is what her viewers know her for. She’ll disappoint a LOT of subscribers tonight without uploading especially without telling people on social media before hand!

Reactions: 12
As a self employed person from June she can claim from the government due to a reduction in her income.
There is no way Bogie is going to work through this time when she can lay in her pit, play AC and let the taxpayer pay her wages ! There is a cap on how much you can claim but even so it's money for nothing !
It isn't money for nothing for me. It's the same as furloughed employees are getting. Nice to see us self employed people being remembered to be honest! Our income can be inconsistent at times.

Jesus. I’ve got my hair in braids (but pinned to my head like a milkmaid) and sitting with a coffee waiting for a zoom meeting and now I’m questioning EVERYTHING about my life 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She does seem ‘down’ of late but I don’t feel sorry for her. Sorry if that makes me an awful person but I don’t.
We are all going through the same thing with this situation and are having highs and lows. It’s affecting many people’s mental health, relationships, livelihoods, lives... just some of us chose to get on with it and not live with our head in a Switch playing Animal Crossing 🤷🏻‍♀️
I get it, there’s obviously stuff going on behind the scenes we don’t see with her causing this but then she shouldn’t pretend all is fantastic and amazing and wonderful. She needs to just be REAL. Yes in some of her old Vlogs she was a tit show at times, sitting in her car having meltdowns crying over trivial stuff but that’s what made her relatable and real - we’ve all had those moments (crying over the stupidest things!) even if we don’t care to admit it.

Reading between the lines this comment today about her upcoming trip doesn’t suggest the excitement or optimism she has previously had about it... perhaps she was meant to be flying from Gatwick and now faces the reality of getting refunds and new flights etc?
Agree 100% with your post 👍🏻 Also hope that she doesn’t get to go in October. Sorry if that sounds harsh or petty but she doesn’t deserve it and she isn’t grateful for anything she gets. Think she needs to open her eyes and realise how lucky she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No vlog tonight. She is definitely struggling in some way. Looks like she’s lost weight. Genuinely
hope she’s ok

Reactions: 1
Maybe the way she handled the Becca fiasco is hitting her.....I hope it does, she behaved appallingly with that situation, sitting back and letting that poor girl get so much hate is disgusting.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.