Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I commented when they first got the house that a bookshelf of the kind of dimensions they are talking about is going to block the windows/ light and make the already narrow room even more awkward. A dining room with a circular table would be better in the first room. Then restore the vintage cabinet that was originally there (better than mdf any day and original to the house), or, as said earlier vitsoe.

But that wouldn't leave them immensely out of proportion " show-off shelves" for vanity books and copenhagen for the masses "objects".

It is not everyone's cuppa but I love the original 1930's fire surrounds. These houses (and I grew up in one too), though bijou were really well proportioned and built. I really dislike the new mantel. But then it's not my house. LOL. I wish it were, it's lovely (if not over stuffed).

Dean continues to impress with his work ethic though. Brittany has improved over the years, but she is kind of golden handcuffing herself into doing more and more influencing to pay for her ever increasing appetite for stuff.

I just think they will redo all this or move out again in a few years. The constant cycle of "upgrading".

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
The light only highlights that the table isn't centred due to the fact the bookcase takes up too much space

I agree she needs a larger lampshade but she also needs to get rid of the floor lamp it's taking up valuable floor space
Plus the chairs are so strangely bulky too. The entire space is just so...heavy. And that won't be fixed by some natural evening light or more paper lampshades 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I think the dining area will move into the extension once they've done that, then they'll just have the toogood chair and another very-kindly-gifted one in the current dining area and have it as the "reading area" she mentioned when they were still working on the house prior to moving in. If you look on her Pinterest board it looks like the kitchen/extension might have lots of wood and glass (attached a couple of her pins). Glad she finally admitted the sofa is uncomfortable!! I was surprised it even made it into the house - when they were wrapping it up to "store it in a relatives garage" I thought that was influencer speak for "got rid of it for good".
Still can't get over the amount of clothes they have between them. And I don't get the fuss over Nordic knots rugs (except that she won't have paid for them) - there's way better ones on Etsy. She loves the originality of Kettles Yard but doesn't seem willing to part with her own cash to make her home authentic to her tastes.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I think the dining area will move into the extension once they've done that, then they'll just have the toogood chair and another very-kindly-gifted one in the current dining area and have it as the "reading area" she mentioned when they were still working on the house prior to moving in. If you look on her Pinterest board it looks like the kitchen/extension might have lots of wood and glass (attached a couple of her pins). Glad she finally admitted the sofa is uncomfortable!! I was surprised it even made it into the house - when they were wrapping it up to "store it in a relatives garage" I thought that was influencer speak for "got rid of it for good".
Still can't get over the amount of clothes they have between them. And I don't get the fuss over Nordic knots rugs (except that she won't have paid for them) - there's way better ones on Etsy. She loves the originality of Kettles Yard but doesn't seem willing to part with her own cash to make her home authentic to her tastes.
I wonder if this is what Anna thought she was building but then they just ended up with "store front". Probably it's crazy expensive to do exposed wood like that these days.

Sorry to just jump on here randomly, could someone explain why she randomly lived in a flat seemingly without Dean for a while?

Sorry to just jump on here randomly, could someone explain why she randomly lived in a flat seemingly without Dean for a while?
Funnily enough, I rewatched one of her old vlogs from the time in the flat and she was talking about identity, realising things, lots of thinking etc. I always felt that had something to do with it.

ETA Draw your own conclusion from this of course 🙂. There were other things at the time that seemed to point to this too.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine how the curtains will hang across those shaped windows, even sheer curtains once pushed back will block some light. I don’t think they’re needed at the back unless they’re really overlooked.

Did they not measure that telly?

Reactions: 4
Skipped through most of the vlog as I no longer can listen to her aimless long sentences. The house looks a mess with all that bulky furniture!

Reactions: 7
I think their house is lovely but with all the talk of an extension why didn’t they just buy a bigger house! Feels like they’re cramming their aesthetic into a modest space!

Reactions: 6
I think they probably wanted to buy somewhere that Dean could have as a project too. It’s probably much cheaper for them to buy a smaller house and Dean do all the labour and source the materials at cost price.

😐 has she ever worn clothes that actually fit her? i get the oversized trend but she always looks like she wears things that belong to someone much taller
20230808_144350.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Is it just me or have Fashion Weeks gotten boring and bland and influencers are doing a tit job covering them?

Reactions: 5
I'm sorry. What pleats? This looks like you've wrapped a 20 year old bed spread around your waist.
IMG_0264.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10