Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally totally agree with you and @peppin. The hypocrisy, the lack of self awareness, I could scream.

Reactions: 4
I honestly thought I’d lost my mind as I didn’t believe I had understood her post.

All she does is create waste and engage in and promote over consumption. The absolute cheek.

As others have said, the gall of her to “be concerned” now is just…I’m more upset than angry right now.

I’d rather thousands of stuff sat unused waiting for potential people in need rather than the hundreds of worn-once free clothes she and the rest of the beige brigade have stashed away.

She could have just put a link to donate. How do you come out of this situation basically being the person saying, “don’t give”.

And I do get what she’s saying but I don’t think now is the right time, especially from
her for goodness sake. I don’t know if I missed earlier stories but as the young people say, what I saw was not it!

Reactions: 14
I understand that she is trying to have a different voice from other influencers or she is trying to think on a “deeper” level than others, but this is too much.

It’s frustrating to see fashion bloggers trying to influence the public with their world views or even book reviews. They are not even experts in these.

Reactions: 8
I find her so lame. I really think this was her attempt to be 'not like other influencers' again. See, other people, they all share the same things, support Ukraine, how can we help, here's a link to donate, but Brittany gave us FOOD FOR THOUGHT. It seems like she's pleased with herself that she managed to bring a fresh perspective on war immigrantion haha. Like it's a school assignment or something.

Also, even though the neighbour probably is informed about this topic to some degree (they go into details) the basic idea is so funny to me - here's my conversation with my neighbour, no credentials whatsoever, I like to call it 'food for thought'.

And it's pretty obvious that if she wanted to post something like this (if she was serious about it and not just a selfish show-off), it should've been immediately followed by listing alternatives - donating money, volunteering, or only donating things that are really needed (last time I checked it was socks, blankets, and hygiene items like sanitary pads etc). On its own it really just comes off as combination of wanting to sound smarter than everyone and giving an excuse for not doing anything, because, quote - "It's difficult to know how can we help or if we can at all".

Reactions: 19
Wow, Brittany, thanks so much so your searing insight! We all know you’re not just an ordinary influencer but more a philosopher and artistic creator with a much greater capacity for empathy. As an ordinary person I just went on the aid agency sites (you might have seen them promoted by the lower grade influencers). Most now have a comprehensive list of items they need and say its great to give cash as they can buy most things cheaper locally.

It's always super helpful to have your take on waste and reassuring to hear that you’re so concerned. You’re such a beacon with your frugal lifestyle and no travel policy. I guess you’ll be waving bye bye to Mango? No? Oh dear.

Anyway, you’re such an inspiration – keep on being amazing.

Reactions: 22
I wonder if BB is currently having a meltdown for being misunderstood or if anyone even bothered to call her out this time. I suppose it was clever of her to add this to a story rather than a post.

Reactions: 10
I wonder if BB is currently having a meltdown for being misunderstood or if anyone even bothered to call her out this time. I suppose it was clever of her to add this to a story rather than a post.
A feed post of a WhatsApp chat would totally “ruin her aesthetic”. I’ve seen so many influencers only sharing posts about Ukraine if they are coloured in beige. It’s disgusting and shallow. Don’t let a war ruin your aesthetic girlies! x

Reactions: 6
I don’t think I will be wasting any more of my time on her. I never followed her closely or watched all her content but the more I see of her behaviour, the less I am interested. She has revealed to be a person I would never support in real life, so why would I be giving her my time and support on social media. Her recent actions go directly against what I try to do and achieve in my life.

I may pop here every now and then just simply as you all are such a lovely group of people, but for a while I will be signign off. Stay well everyone!

Reactions: 13
I feel the same. Honestly I’ve just switched from following her to following Dean Her style is ridiculous these days anyway, nothing to lose here.

Reactions: 5
Let’s just brace ourselves for when she hits menopause and there are other dry body parts to discuss.

Reactions: 4
I unfollowed. She's just not very smart, is she? Pretentious? Yes. But intellectual? No. She can hardly describe a book and this is the classic post of "well actually I know more about this crisis than you do" - it's sick. What's more: to be upset about donated clothes.... and SHE IS SHILLING FOR MANGO. No comments on how she is working with a brand to move funds or donating anything or selling off her precious fucking attire to raise money. Cheap, sad. Brittany. I probably won't pop in here again, because she's so ick to me.

Reactions: 16
Omg. I haven't actually properly watched any of her vlogs before today (make-up routine/Monica vinader ad) ... 10 minutes in and I just feel sad for her. She rambles on forever with her "routine" and is trying so hard to seem casual and relaxed but it just comes across like (terrible) acting. Maybe it's just age and the events of the last few years but I really don't understand HOW influencers are still a "thing".

Reactions: 9
BB really is a gross person. she looks down on other influencers, considering herself "above" them. She really geninely believes she's "not like all the other influencers" when that's exactly what she is. she's not a "content creator" or "artist/creative" she's a shill for fast fashion. that's it. so what if she's got some faux artsy vlogs. the fact that she drones on and on and on in her vlogs shows just how vapid she is. her life is boring. her style is stolen from other people. and she has zero original thoughts or ideas.

Reactions: 12
Not once in her recent vlog did she mention anything about working with a fast fashion brand she would never normally buy from, instead really laying it on thick with the “new challenge” angle. But how much did they pay you for the new challenge Brit? How much did they pay you to wear those jeans you would not go near in a trillion years.

Reactions: 7
She's caught up then , judging by her statement at the top of the vlog. It doesn't address any of the criticisms she's received here or from DM's and could be summed up with the ubiquitous #bekind. Never mind, comments are open, her followers think she's great and have missed her. That's whats important...right?

That's what pisses me off about these retailers, BB openly mocked Gucci despite them sending her freebies, and despite the presumably large check Mango sent her, I'm yet to see her even wear something from bough with her own money. Wtf are all these brands giving her these items when clearly she doesn't align with them??

She talks about authenticity as an influencer and hating fast fashion brands like Zara, but doesn't mind shilling Mango. FYI BB, Mangos clothes are made in the same factory in Bangladesh as Primark that collapsed (rana plaza), but unlike Primark, Mango HAS NOT compensated those injured/ killed

Reactions: 15
And while I can appreciate that any brand making clothes in an already saturated market can never truly be called "sustainable" I really wish she would do her research before dismissing Mother of Pearl as "trying to be a bit more sustainable..". Creative director Amy Powney is well known for having strong ethical and environmental values throughout the way she runs both her brand and her own lifestyle and upbringing. She's an incredibly interesting, dynamic and moral individual with alot of knowledge and passion for what she does and she cares about every person involved in, and every aspect of her brand. Not just the "interesting pleated puffy sleeves" or whatever it was Brittany said.
BTW Brittany's depop is choccablok at the moment with 99% of it never seen on her

The depop is insane. I recognize a lot of it as items that have been gifted which is extremely ick and I don't know how she continuously gets away with it. Also, she mentions the kassl coats in the latest vlog ha ha HA. I feel like a lot of my comments really cut her deep.

Reactions: 9
...handprinted cards to the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal
Ordered. I love your shop/work! Will share. Thank you for doing this <3

Re: Brit's, hello pot this is kettle, lecture about charity -

Talk is cheap.

She's right that sometimes physical donations can become arduous to manage and wasteful in themselves.

So what?

Shut up and jump on a team to coordinate appropriate donations. Insulin without syringes? Go find syringes (I'm a type one diabetic so this hits home). Guess what, people do that with every natural disaster, fellow diabetics in America coordinate to amass supply extras and make sure all the pieces present to send and it, no joke, saves lives (3 days without insulin is not survivable for type 1s).

Here in Texas we airlifted 3 planes worth of diabetes supplies to the Virgin Islands, Mexico City and numerous other cities and countries. Effort was led by an endocrinologist and I assure you it can be done, with needles. By the way, it's not just needles you also have to have glucose meters and test strips because 1 unit of insulin can kill you so you have to access what your blood sugar is first. Just one example.

People donating their old duds or too much of something (humans are notoriously dickheads), re-direct them to donate other resources, money or time.

Just because sometimes efforts go awry doesn't mean you say, oh well, it can't be done. How asinine.

Stop wasting your breath using your complaints to avoid actually helping and justify your own shitty "take from the man" and de-pop it to line your own pockets, "sweatshop sweetheart" existence.

Streuth.

Harsh? Nope. She should be ashamed of herself.

Instead of being part of the solution she complains that the people trying aren't doing it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I have unfollowed her ages ago, however she still manages to pop up on my insta feed, conveniently I clicked to see her story which was about the donations going to Ukraine. I follow many different bloggers from all over the place and her efforts have been minimal to none, I must say most bloggers that I follow in UK have done bear minimum to say the least in re to the situation.
Speaking of bb in particular, she is a soiled pig, a privileged stuck up twat. Who jumped in the situations as apparent stylist, influencer tackling fast fashion police.Who is she to say that all this is going to waste, if she does think that all that is a waste why doesn’t she help her audience explore ways to donate things that are needed following all the amount of clothes donated. What has she done to make a difference, she done nothing, she couldn’t even pick a way to talk about the issues and post a simple link to a charity that perhaps knows exactly how to manage a humanitarian crisis, no instead she thought this was the time to bring her expertise about fashion into war. I just can’t, I literally can’t wrap my head round it.
most of the influencers are sitting ducks waiting for this to blow over so they can continue on their meaningless beige quest as war and influencing fashion don’t go so well.

Reactions: 10