Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OCS and Ashcroft were both amazing ❤ Absolutely pissed down but it almost added to the atmosphere (although sunshine would have been nicer obviously!)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
OCS and Ashcroft were both amazing ❤ Absolutely pissed down but it almost added to the atmosphere (although sunshine would have been nicer obviously!)
What setlist does Ashcroft perform these days?
Last album I bought from him was „Human Condition“.
Does he sing Verve-songs? Do artists do this?

Reactions: 1
What setlist does Ashcroft perform these days?
Last album I bought from him was „Human Condition“.
Does he sing Verve-songs? Do artists do this?
A real mix of his solo stuff and the Verve’s. I don’t know a huge amount of his solo work but he did all the well known ones. Finished on Bittersweet Symphony which was a proper moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wait. So Damon is single again, yeah? 😅😊😇
It seems that himself and Suzi have split and he is back on the gear. The more I read about him the less my attraction is becoming. He comes across as unlikeable. An absolute musical genius and I adore his music but as a person I might have to give him a miss. Teenage me is like ‘who even IS she?’💔

Reactions: 10
I read a lot of the Graham Coxon rumours on this Tumble, really sad. He's also with a much younger woman now which is grim.

• Sad
It seems that himself and Suzi have split and he is back on the gear. The more I read about him the less my attraction is becoming. He comes across as unlikeable. An absolute musical genius and I adore his music but as a person I might have to give him a miss. Teenage me is like ‘who even IS she?’💔
What did you read about him, that makes him so unlikeable?
---
I read a lot of the Graham Coxon rumours on this Tumble, really sad. He's also with a much younger woman now which is grim.

When we were still discussing on the Primrose Hill-thread, someone less naive as me said, most of the screenshots are fake, also that T-shirt, that he might have gifted the girl.
Being together with someone significantly younger I‘m very much not a fan of, but it’s not a crime.
With his ex, we have her Insta-postings around domestic abuse by an ex and something about being with a narcissist. Yet Graham as well posted something about being with a narcissist, or liked some posts or sth.
I’m a feminist and usually all about believing women. But it’s all a bit vague for me. I don’t know.

Last edited:
What did you read about him, that makes him so unlikeable?
---

When we were still discussing on the Primrose Hill-thread, someone less naive as me said, most of the screenshots are fake, also that T-shirt, that he might have gifted the girl.
Being together with someone significantly younger I‘m very much not a fan of, but it’s not a crime.
With his ex, we have her Insta-postings around domestic abuse by an ex and something about being with a narcissist. Yet Graham as well posted something about being with a narcissist, or liked some posts or sth.
I’m a feminist and usually all about believing women. But it’s all a bit vague for me. I don’t know.
Just that he is very competitive and dismissive of people. Justine hinted that he was controlling as well, telling her she should give up the band and become a mother. He is also one of those people who can smoke, drink and take drugs but not become addicted, whereas everyone else around him become shells of themselves. I just get the feeling he is a difficult person but an absolute genius at the same time.

Reactions: 12
Just that he is very competitive and dismissive of people. Justine hinted that he was controlling as well, telling her she should give up the band and become a mother. He is also one of those people who can smoke, drink and take drugs but not become addicted, whereas everyone else around him become shells of themselves. I just get the feeling he is a difficult person but an absolute genius at the same time.
He seemed desperate to become a father back then, and his last partner became pregnant very early in the relationship. Given that it was so quick I’m impressed they stayed together for 25 years.

Reactions: 11
I've not written off the Coxon allegations as he pings my radar (and quite often perps will make counter allegations, hence him posting narc stuff).

I see what's meant by Damon being snooty though, I have always got some serious superiority complex vibes from him. Shame if he's back on the gear though, I wonder if that was a factor in the break up or came after.

Someone I know was a friend of Suzi Winstanley. They were quite close at one point and spending a lot of time together. She said Damon never spoke a word to her the whole time. She was not a fan of him personally, despite being obviously fond of Suzi. This was quite a while ago.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
This is interesting. Horrible! Heartbreaking for their fans. But never thought Graham would do these things. My younger sister was a Blur fan. What is it with musicians hooking up with fans?
There's music I like but the thought of being in a relationship with them? I'm too down to Earth for that crap.
*Sniffy early Britpop was more forward looking anyway.

• Heart
This is interesting. Horrible! Heartbreaking for their fans. But never thought Graham would do these things. My younger sister was a Blur fan. What is it with musicians hooking up with fans?
There's music I like but the thought of being in a relationship with them? I'm too down to Earth for that crap.
It’s „always“ (not always always, but… you know.) the shy, quiet ones. My bf is quite similar. He wouldn’t hurt me, but he is SO shy, quiet, reserved, softly spoken, with other people, that my mum‘s always like, „I can’t even imagine, he could raise his voice“, when in reality he has anger issues and we yell at each other very loudly.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
This, a million times! I loved Suede and These Animal Men and Elastica and all the other bands that only half-made it who were a bit spiky and camp and snotty. The Oasis ladrock stuff I can take or leave.

I was in absolute LOVE with the whole 80s/90s shoegaze era that preceded Brit Pop. Ride, Lush, My Bloody Valentine, Cocteau Twins and The Jesus and Mary Chain to name a few. They just don't make music like they used to 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think Blur were as 'laddy' as I got tbh 🤣. All about the androgyny here so it was Suede and Mansun all the way until I discovered early Manics through Design for Life era Manics.

I think Blur were as 'laddy' as I got tbh 🤣. All about the androgyny here so it was Suede and Mansun all the way until I discovered early Manics through Design for Life era Manics.
I wonder what ever happened to Ritchie Edwards. Boyfriend of mine in the early 90s was a massive fan of theirs. He was gutted when Edwards disappeared.

I really need to listen to the new Blur album but I find it really difficult to set time aside to listen to 'new' stuff, no idea why as I work from home! My younger self would be most disappointed.

Not quite in the same vein, but Stove from Mansun robbed all of their cash, which is allegedly why he was sacked. It was a shame as he was actually the nicest member! I was fairly Mansun obsessed 🤣.

Very much in the same vein is Paul Draper, so many rumours about him, including the fact that the Anchoress has a Stalking Protection Order against him. SPO's are pretty underused by most Police forces as they're tricky to obtain sometimes, so there must have been a lot of evidence.

Where did the Stove rumours come from though? Has anyone got proof of this?

As you can probably tell from my name i am also Mansun obessessed and Stove was so lovely infact they all were 😍 Apart from Andi who ruined my 7” skin up pin up vinyl by signing it.

I’ve got tickets to see Paul even though he is a sex pest because he is playing a gig in my city and i can’t not go

Reactions: 4
I seem to remember that the Stove thing was one of those things sort of 'known' within the Mansun community and a quick google seems to bring up a bit of reference to it (and doesn't seem to have been denied by the others). My friend and I used to ring their phone number for fans thing and it was always him who replied 🤣
---
I think Richey most likely died by suicide :(

Reactions: 4