Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s with Netflix and their two parters lately? It’s ridiculous and takes you out of the story.

It's annoying but its not ridiculous and actually makes perfect sense. It will cover two monthly subscription payments. They've doubled their income from it.

The long wait I do agree is ridiculous. I think Bridgerton benefitted hugely from coming out in 2020 and people in lockdown. With no Anthony or Duke I think many will lose interest, especially after such long waits.

I think Netflix will go the route of weekly episodes eventually for all their shows. HBO, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus and Apple already do it, some Prime shows do too.
---
I could have sworn I already saw a release day for Christmas day 😂
Did I dream that?
Yeah someone sent that to me too. But it may have been one those fake Facebook accounts that post 'officia'l movie and TV news. But usually just use loose rumours or make guess work

Reactions: 4
It's annoying but its not ridiculous and actually makes perfect sense. It will cover two monthly subscription payments. They've doubled their income from it.

The long wait I do agree is ridiculous. I think Bridgerton benefitted hugely from coming out in 2020 and people in lockdown. With no Anthony or Duke I think many will lose interest, especially after such long waits.

I think Netflix will go the route of weekly episodes eventually for all their shows. HBO, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus and Apple already do it, some Prime shows do too.
---

Yeah someone sent that to me too. But it may have been one those fake Facebook accounts that post 'officia'l movie and TV news. But usually just use loose rumours or make guess work
Yes it definitely benefitted from 2020. I'm not interested in S3 as the actress and character for Penelope is insufferable and puts me off. Also I swear the release date is teased a lot but still seems so far away. I imagine a lot of people are losing interest. Will they bother adapting all the books?

Reactions: 7
I'm another that has zero interest in Penelope or Colin.
I don't like either of them 😂

Reactions: 6
Slightly later time period but does anyone watch The Gilded Age or The Buccaneers? Don't think I've seen threads for them on here!

Reactions: 1
I watch the gilded age. I like Berha. I love that period of time. Watched a you tube video about Caroline Astor last night.

I am looking forward to the next series. They have made such an issue about P being a wallflower. The fact that she isn't stick thin for me is nice and it'll be nice seeing her up there as a serious romantic love interest. As someone stick non thin you rarely see curvy women as an object of romantic interest without a 'comedic element'. Shallow Hal anyone

The thing for me is that Penelope not being thin and her being a wallflower in her own life is not enough to make her likable imho. Are we only supposed to feel sorry for her, thus like her because of that? What are her positive character traits that make us root for her? Season 2 did her no favors at all.
I am not thin either, so of course it’s great to see some positive, non-jokey representation. I’m also a woman of colour and I LOVED that in season 2 for once we saw brown women being loved and respected and presented as desirable. But Kate was also kind, she had amazing chemistry with Anthony Bridgerton from the first moment (something Pen and Colin lack), she cared about her sister… there was a lot to love, other than her being a poc. :)

The thing for me is that Penelope not being thin and her being a wallflower in her own life is not enough to make her likable imho. Are we only supposed to feel sorry for her, thus like her because of that? What are her positive character traits that make us root for her? Season 2 did her no favors at all.
I am not thin either, so of course it’s great to see some positive, non-jokey representation. I’m also a woman of colour and I LOVED that in season 2 for once we saw brown women being loved and respected and presented as desirable. But Kate was also kind, she had amazing chemistry with Anthony Bridgerton from the first moment (something Pen and Colin lack), she cared about her sister… there was a lot to love, other than her being a poc. :)
I just don't think there was enough focus on them before hand as there were other stories to tell. I like Nicola Coughlan anyway so really hope it works out well and is a great series.

I also don't like Colin with comments he made about Penelope infront of his friends ect.
Can't even remember what the comments were 😂
So I don't like him either.
Along with Penelope also not being likeable.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just find it difficult to buy a romance where you have a scene where they’re supposedly friends but he goes on in front of his mates about how he doesn’t find her attractive and would never marry her etc. I think another season would have helped as we could see more of a build up instead of “Colin despite banging on for ages about how much he only sees her platonically suddenly does a massive u turn and wants to shag her lights out”.

I know he seems a bit thick but not quite sure I can buy it! Maybe if Colin was played by a different actor lol.

• Haha
I just find it difficult to buy a romance where you have a scene where they’re supposedly friends but he goes on in front of his mates about how he doesn’t find her attractive and would never marry her etc. I think another season would have helped as we could see more of a build up instead of “Colin despite banging on for ages about how much he only sees her platonically suddenly does a massive u turn and wants to shag her lights out”.

I know he seems a bit thick but not quite sure I can buy it! Maybe if Colin was played by a different actor lol.
This is the bit I was referring to! I knew something happened and there was a reason for part of my dislike, but couldn't remember what it was 😂

Every scene between them was awkward and boring. I get that they’re supposed to be awkward at this stage in season 2, but there was truly negative chemistry between the two actors. I still hope that worked on that for season 3.
I would look forward to a Benedict season, but I guess at this point it’s not likely we’re even getting a fourth season.

Reactions: 7

i feel like all i do in this thread is complain about the casting of colin but i absolutely agree 🤣

the actor just looks so young to me, and based on what we’ve seen of him so far, i just can’t see that he’s going to be able to truly sell it. he’s so different (imo) from the colin of the books, looks and depth wise, and he and nicola coughlan just don’t have romantic chemistry.

a benedict season (with background buildup for colin and pen) would have worked way better like others have said.

Reactions: 5
Every scene between them was awkward and boring. I get that they’re supposed to be awkward at this stage in season 2, but there was truly negative chemistry between the two actors. I still hope that worked on that for season 3.
I would look forward to a Benedict season, but I guess at this point it’s not likely we’re even getting a fourth season.
they are renewed for a fourth and tweeted about it recently but there was speculation they’d go on to Eloise next and still not use Benedict

they are renewed for a fourth and tweeted about it recently but there was speculation they’d go on to Eloise next and still not use Benedict
I could see them doing Eloise and not Benedict if it's a case of maybe only having the 1 more series.

I'd much rather Benedict though.

I never read the books, so imagine my disappointment when Benedict, after a season of teasing 😁, turned out to be straight. I know they’re not going to change that, but with no prior knowledge and the way they decided to show his interest in art, I really thought we were getting a gay Bridgerton bro. I do like him a lot though and the actor is so good.

I think the actors will want to move onto other projects soon.

Slightly later time period but does anyone watch The Gilded Age or The Buccaneers? Don't think I've seen threads for them on here!
Love the Gilded Age, it's more authentic and historically accurate too.

The Buccaneers was too historically inaccurate, silly and teenage girly for my taste 🤣 clearly trying to be a Bridgerton, bur Bridgertons concept is better delivered.

Reactions: 2
I'm not keen on Colin or Penelope but I'll still give the new series a try. I might find I'm surprised and will enjoy it.

Love the Gilded Age, it's more authentic and historically accurate too.

The Buccaneers was too historically inaccurate, silly and teenage girly for my taste 🤣 clearly trying to be a Bridgerton, bur Bridgertons concept is better delivered.
Oscar turned up in the new crown.