Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Book people ~ I read the first book after the first season, but didn’t really like it so didn’t carry on with the series. But now I’m tempted again to read the second book, and also get to Benedict & Elouise stories. Did you prefer these books to the first?

Reactions: 1
Book people ~ I read the first book after the first season, but didn’t really like it so didn’t carry on with the series. But now I’m tempted again to read the second book, and also get to Benedict & Elouise stories. Did you prefer these books to the first?
To be honest they’re all a but samey so I stopped after Eloise’s book (which I didn’t enjoy). I do think book 2 is the best but I think if you didn’t like book 1 you probably won’t enjoy the others. I can’t really remember Benedict’s story so that must mean I didn’t think much of it! Colin and Penelope’s book was also forgettable!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Loved the second book, also really like Benedict's and how it handled his artistic talents. Colin and Eloise's books were okay imo

• Heart
I’ve just finished the 3rd book and it’s lovely! Very predictable and a Cinderella knock off but I really hope they don’t change too much for the tv adaptation.

Reactions: 3
To be honest they’re all a but samey so I stopped after Eloise’s book (which I didn’t enjoy). I do think book 2 is the best but I think if you didn’t like book 1 you probably won’t enjoy the others. I can’t really remember Benedict’s story so that must mean I didn’t think much of it! Colin and Penelope’s book was also forgettable!
I stopped reading Eloise’s book half way through! I didn’t enjoy Benedict’s much either but did finish it, it was basically Cinderella.

Anthony’s book is the best of the ones I have read in my opinion and I would recommend reading it to anyone that hasn’t as it is a bit different to the series!

Reactions: 4
Anthony > The Duke

I much preferred this season to last, the constant shagging got a bit (lot!) repetitive, I prefer a slow burn personally. I’d have felt really sorry for Edwina were she not so completely insufferable, sheirritated me so much!

Reactions: 19
I stopped reading Eloise’s book half way through! I didn’t enjoy Benedict’s much either but did finish it, it was basically Cinderella.

Anthony’s book is the best of the ones I have read in my opinion and I would recommend reading it to anyone that hasn’t as it is a bit different to the series!
Yeah....I was hoping for alot more from Eloise's book. Was kinda disappointed with her outcome.

• Sad
So I just finished and while I liked the first few episodes I thought it was getting quite boring towards the end. Slow burns are nice but this was just too slow for me and I also thought it was a bit weird to go from lots of sex in S1 to basically none in S2. Was expecting it to be somewhere in the middle ...(or is the book also much more tame?)
Hated the Featherington plots (inlcluding Pen), Benedict once again bored me and Collin was annoying as was Edwina.

I have seen they already announced the next two season, so who will they follow? Benedict and Eloise?

Reactions: 7
So I just finished and while I liked the first few episodes I thought it was getting quite boring towards the end. Slow burns are nice but this was just too slow for me and I also thought it was a bit weird to go from lots of sex in S1 to basically none in S2. Was expecting it to be somewhere in the middle ...(or is the book also much more tame?)
Hated the Featherington plots (inlcluding Pen), Benedict once again bored me and Collin was annoying as was Edwina.

I have seen they already announced the next two season, so who will they follow? Benedict and Eloise?
I still haven't watched it but there are loads of clips on Youtube so been watching those and it seems they don't get it together until the last episode? Yes that's too slow burn for me but in the book they have a lot of sex and much sooner!

I did think that maybe they didn't have as many sex scenes because they filmed it during covid pandemic but then they spent a lot of time breathing into each others faces?!

The next book is about Pen and Colin but I think someone has said they're going to go with Benedict's story first in the next series.

I loved season 2 and thought the lack of sex scenes was a positive. Although I enjoyed season one all the sex made me uncomfortable.
Just a question about the books. Do they need to be read in order?

I loved season 2 and thought the lack of sex scenes was a positive. Although I enjoyed season one all the sex made me uncomfortable.
Just a question about the books. Do they need to be read in order?
I would say read them in order but they’re all separate stories but the couples/siblings still appear in the other books but it’s entirely upto you.

If the next season is Pen and Colin, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch it. I’ve not read the books but the way Pen is about Colin in the show I really don’t like. If you swapped genders I think she’d come across like a bit of a ‘nice guy’ constantly orbiting a female friend who never expressed romantic interest yet thinks if they just hang around them long enough, they’ll suddenly want me.

Reactions: 14
It should be Benedict next as that’s the order of the books. I think they need a season of Pen almost forgetting about Colin and doing her own thing, only then can see her as a potential love interest.

Reactions: 4
Just finished the season.
One thing I don't like about the way they do it.
They spend the whole season focused in their 'season' and will-they-won't-they and then the last 10 minutes is boom, married, house, kids. 😂
It all feels so.. Flat because its all rushed I guess. Not sure how to explain it.
You spend the whole season wanting them to be together and then, there you go, that's it, they're married now. The end.

Reactions: 13
Anyone else thought that the rules seemed much more relaxed this season? Especially Pen and Collin but obvs also Kate and Anthony were
constantly alone in a room and back in S1 that was enough to force marriage.

Reactions: 11
Just finished season 2 - thoughts:
Pen really annoyed the hell out of me constantly getting upset and frustrated about Colin but then not saying her feelings to him at the same time. Although saying that, I don’t think he needed to be so rude at the end of the season like “don’t be stupid, I’d never pursue her”. Eloise was my favourite but I’ll admit she did have her faults (especially trashing the room). I think their whole storyline together went on a bit too long and then came to a sudden stop - it was as if they needed a filler or something between the romance parts and couldn’t think of anything new to add. I hope we see more of Eloise’s romance plot in the future.
I’m glad Daphne wasn’t in this season, she was so wooden on screen and her personality turned into “yes I’m a wife and a mother so I know everything”.
Anthony/Kate story was cute but it did seem to go in circles a bit. I think in general, season 1 was a bit better. I think maybe season 1 had such a hype to it that season 2 had a lot of standards to reach.
I haven’t read the books so I’ve nothing to compare it to but do we get more of Eloise finding love? I’d love to know. There seems to be a lot of people on here that weren’t happy with her book storyline? Was it bad? I might give it a read

Reactions: 9
Just finished season 2 - thoughts:
Pen really annoyed the hell out of me constantly getting upset and frustrated about Colin but then not saying her feelings to him at the same time. Although saying that, I don’t think he needed to be so rude at the end of the season like “don’t be stupid, I’d never pursue her”. Eloise was my favourite but I’ll admit she did have her faults (especially trashing the room). I think their whole storyline together went on a bit too long and then came to a sudden stop - it was as if they needed a filler or something between the romance parts and couldn’t think of anything new to add. I hope we see more of Eloise’s romance plot in the future.
I’m glad Daphne wasn’t in this season, she was so wooden on screen and her personality turned into “yes I’m a wife and a mother so I know everything”.
Anthony/Kate story was cute but it did seem to go in circles a bit. I think in general, season 1 was a bit better. I think maybe season 1 had such a hype to it that season 2 had a lot of standards to reach.
I haven’t read the books so I’ve nothing to compare it to but do we get more of Eloise finding love? I’d love to know. There seems to be a lot of people on here that weren’t happy with her book storyline? Was it bad? I might give it a read
Eloise’s is the 5th book, she marries Sir Philip Crane a widower with 2 young children. He had an unhappy marriage as his wife had mental health problems and at one point in the flashbacks to his marriage he forces sex on his wife which reviewers didn’t like. His character actually appeared in series one and married Marina Thompson.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I liked it but as a chill background watch whereas I was hooked with Season 1 and have rewatched it multiple times. It's weird because I much prefer the lead characters in S2 but I just found the season really flat and boring. Feel like their chemistry was wasted on a dud storyline/portrayal. Featherington side plot was utterly pointless and I agree with others, Pen and Eloise annoying this season. Without her one liners Eloise just starts to come across as too bitter and Pen's fangirling over Colin is bordering on stalker. Debated giving up after a few episodes but I have nothing else so here I am :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9