Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nothinonyou

VIP Member
Not the main one, posted almost daily through Feb. I’m suprised they haven’t been run out of town, they must have spun a good yarn to distance themselves from their homicidal sadistic nephew/son to have so many people still giving them business & to still be so confidently promoting it……..I find it quite sickening how they still have a picture of him proudly on their page & quite indicative of their feelings towards him actually……..
Really? They didn't commit any crime. I'm sure this has devestated them and they've had to show up to work every day regardless because they have bills to pay like the rest of society

Reactions: 43

Shinythings

VIP Member
It's actually making me really uncomfortable how Twitter has exploded with making this political about her gender. If they had even been remotely following the trial, she was not murdered because she was trans, she was murdered because essentially she was next on the list. I'm not GC. I have no string feelings either way but the people on Twitter do themselves no favours calling anyone transphobic who points out correctly that this is in fact not why she was murdered because they are so desperate to make this into something it's not and use her for it. What it is is awful enough without trying to gain some political win.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
Maybe we can direct the trans debate to the appropriate thread? As far as I know, Brianna being trans wasn’t the reason she was murdered. She was next on a sick list of others they wanted to kill and it had nothing to do with her gender.

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
I feel like we’ve been through an experience together on here. Thanks everyone, including and especially anyone who disagreed respectfully.

The right verdict. Brianna is in my thoughts.

• Heart

ohdoris

VIP Member
I am so relieved that they are both guilty and my heart breaks for Brianna's family and I will probably get hate for this but I also feel a bit sad for the families of X and Y
It must be incredibly difficult to get your head around the fact that your child is a murderer, I think it’s okay to feel an element of sympathy for them.

Reactions: 42

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I don’t agree with Manchester Prides take on this at all. Brianna was killed because 2 extremely disturbed children wanted to carry out such a revolting act, it’s not to do with gender and I’m actually abit pissed off to see Manchester Pride jumping on this using it as another excuse to politicise this. What’s happened is truly awful, but Brianna is someone’s child. Not a political chess piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Christ, just say you’re desperate for it to be a trans hate crime to prove your political views if that how you feel. At this point I’m almost convinced people would have just called it a hate crime against trans people even if Briana wasn’t trans. Absolutely bizarre, as if two fifteen year olds committing a horrific crime (against somebody who just happened to be trans) isn’t enough

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Allmyownopinion

Chatty Member
Been thinking about how dangerously manipulative X is…….poor Brianna’s mum has stated how Brianna was very anxious so barely left the house, certainly never got on the bus, that’s why she was so pleased she’d gone out that day. Mum was starting to worry how she’d get to college next year as she wouldn’t get the bus. But this bitch X had been effectively grooming her for a period of time, getting in her head, making her feel liked & safe enough to take that journey. She’s one frightening person, to me and it’s another reason there will be no rehabilitation for her. She basically hunted Brianna, kept on at her, manipulated the scenario to disadvantage her so that she could kill her prey. For no other reason (not that there could be one btw) than for her desire to murder. That chilling message, telling Brianna to get a single ticket 😔 she’s really frightening, it doesn’t matter how old she was! It’s a shame Brianna’s phone wasn’t accessible, it would have been good to study how she persuaded her to meet that day, to warn other young people about language used by predators, which is exactly what these killers are.

• Sad
Reactions: 38

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
What they did was awful and inexcusable but please can you all just remember that when you’re speaking about neurodiversity with such ignorance, there are many of us reading this who are also neurodiverse and we’ve been told we’re making excuses, putting it on etc. our entire lives. Say what you want about them but to act like neurodiversity shouldn’t be accommodated and acting like it’s a choice is gross. You wouldn’t expect a physical disability not to be accommodated.

• Heart

AladdinSane

VIP Member
I've been following this trial from the start but haven't contributed much here.
I just wanted to say that the way her mum conducted herself and came across when they were found guilty was incredible. She showed such class and grace in that moment. What an incredible woman.

• Heart

justonemorepage

VIP Member
This case has really affected me, as I cannot fathom a child going to meet what she thinks are friends and being so brutally killed. It's absolutely heartbreaking and I can't imagine what her family must be going through. I'm glad they've been found guilty and I hope they never see the light of day again.

It's so scary because I had a "friend" when I was 13 and she'd burn me with cigarettes and throw sand in my eyes. It was awful but thinking that she could have done a lot worse makes me so scared for the future generations. It's as if bullying takes on a whole new level. Such a frightening world that we live in.

• Sad
  • Heart

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
It's been said before on this thread, but I am getting increasingly uncomfortable with Brianna's (actually very brave and gracious) mother saying things like 'Brianna always wanted to be famous, and in a sad way, she is now.'

It's clear that her mum was won over by the trans vigils and fan videos - by people who in my opinion were just getting clout based on a news story and centring themselves in it, and using a dead teenager for political points - because she thought 'Brianna would have wanted this.'

Maybe Brianna would and maybe not - it is really not clear whether this young person was an anxious victim who couldn't get on a bus if there were more than two people on board, or a wannabe celebrity who 'gave as good as she got' and was known for quick retorts, popular skits and iconic outfits - but I think a teenager wanting tiktok fame is not really something to indulge after their death.

It's a shame Brianna's mum has been encouraged to cling on to this trans-icon discourse that sparked up around Brianna when it was thought that this was a transphobic crime, which could be used to promote an agenda about gender-critical hate and the need to protect trans kids.

I give the mum a pass for pretty much everything but it's still unfortunate in my opinion that she's happy for her child to become poster girl for completely different issues, by people who never knew Brianna and are latching onto the case for their own internet fame.

• Sick
  • Angry

Shinythings

VIP Member
This overpowering stuff is a red herring. You don't need to overpower someone who has been stabbed who wasn't expecting to be. They're going down very easily.

Reactions: 37

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
Thanks Doris, I guess I could’ve just googled it oops 🙊
It’s not something I understand, why not just live and let live 🤷🏼‍♀️
That is really lazy thinking.
How do you protect women and children if any male-bodied man can say he is a woman and should be in Womens prisons, wards, refuges?
How can you protect women if you cannot define what a woman is?
If anyone can identify as a woman then what is a woman?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
Just because he hasn’t been arrested doesn’t mean he’s had a normal, unproblematic life. In fact, I highly doubt anyone who committed such a heinous crime at the age of 10 could go on to be ‘normal’ in any way. He may keep under the radar but I have strong doubts he’s suddenly turned into a valuable member of society.

He’s apparently in a relationship with a man who knows of his past which is concerning. Anyone who’d be happy to have a partner with that past is dodgy themselves imo.
Mary Bell killed 2 toddlers, less than a year apart when she was 11. She was incorrectly diagnosed as a psychopath when in fact she was a broken, abused child who had been pimped out by her prostitute mother to various clients from the age of 2.
She was released and has lived a totally normal life, with a daughter, a partner and at least one grandchild. Albeit she's been very affected mentally and is apparently a meek and anxious woman.
Much as the desire for revenge is understandable, the purpose of the judicial system isn't just punishment, it's rehabilitation, and children who commit terrible crimes actually have a better chance of rehabilitation than adults.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
it’s really interesting that not many are seeing it as a hate crime as that’s how I personally see it - I’d never dream of making any of the comments the two defendants have made on trans people/Brianna and they do read as transphobic to me. just my two cents, but I’d be interested to hear why you guys don’t see it as a hate crime.
Because they didn’t murder Brianna due to her gender identity?

• Heart
Reactions: 36

BarryEvansHun

Would need to know her passwords I guess or she probs had face/fingerprint ID
Not to be morbid but they could have used her fingerprint/face to unlock her phone. Understand the need for privacy though
I’m not sure. I tried to unlock my ex boyfriend’s phone using his face when he was asleep and it wouldn’t work?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
Because men do not need to 'say they are women' to commit violent acts against women. They do it as men, every day, with no need to go to this length.

And as others have said, this is not the thread for this discussion, and therefore I will not be replying to any responses to this.
well it’s gonna happen anyway so let’s just open the door for all men and make it even easier for them to abuse women and girls 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35