Brian Dowling #2 Brian, Orthur & baby make three. How much stuff can we blag for free?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aoife is an amazing person to do what she did,irrelevant of what I think of Brian and arfur and their scabby begging for freebies. Or aoife possibly thinking of the influencer lifestyle, she put her life on hold to help them fulfill their dream of a family

yes she will have gone into this knowing what she was doing, but I hope she physically and mentally recovers well from pregnancy and the c section

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Privacy reasons??!!! They wouldn’t know what privacy is. It’s all about the MONEY. Isn’t that right Orfur and Brian?? They’re disgusting. This baby has been and will continue to be exploited and offered to the highest bidder for publicity. They will literally sell this baby’s childhood for money. The amount of stuff they begged for all during the pregnancy has been nauseating. Not one thing donated to charity. Nothing. Thank his Aoife is being looked after by her sisters. She’s probably sick of the sight of these pair by now. Aoife will be fine. As for the name BDG number 2!! We should have guessed this!! I have a feeling if there’s another baby it will be BDG number 3. One of them is enough. I used to like them both but they have no morals in how this baby is being milked as a cash cow. We’ll get to see her face when enough money has been poured into their bank account. They seriously make me want to vomit.
I wonder will they set up a bank account for baby Blake and deposit the money from the magazine deal into it for her for the future… Somehow I strongly doubt it!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Feel so uncomfortable. Sorry i do but i do. Right now her boobs are producing milk, shes bleeding and even though she knows its not her baby her body physically yearns for that baby. Mental health wise she should at least be in proximity to her. I worry whats happening women, i really do. I just feel ill at ease about it-dont come for me but im being honest

Feel so uncomfortable. Sorry i do but i do. Right now her boobs are producing milk, shes bleeding and even though she knows its not her baby her body physically yearns for that baby. Mental health wise she should at least be in proximity to her. I worry whats happening women, i really do. I just feel ill at ease about it-dont come for me but im being honest
Also that baby can be sp should close to the womam thay gave birth to her

Reactions: 9

I'd imagine she was given medication to prevent her milk coming in.

Reactions: 1
You're not given medication for milk not coming in. I couldn't/shouldn't BF for medical reasons and it was put up and shut up. This wasn't in the stone ages either, this was last year.

Reactions: 2
I chose not to BF both my kids and I was advised on things to do to avoid my milk coming in, it’s not that difficult and it works.

Privacy reasons??!!! They wouldn’t know what privacy is. It’s all about the MONEY. Isn’t that right Orfur and Brian?? They’re disgusting. This baby has been and will continue to be exploited and offered to the highest bidder for publicity. They will literally sell this baby’s childhood for money. The amount of stuff they begged for all during the pregnancy has been nauseating. Not one thing donated to charity. Nothing. Thank his Aoife is being looked after by her sisters. She’s probably sick of the sight of these pair by now. Aoife will be fine. As for the name BDG number 2!! We should have guessed this!! I have a feeling if there’s another baby it will be BDG number 3. One of them is enough. I used to like them both but they have no morals in how this baby is being milked as a cash cow. We’ll get to see her face when enough money has been poured into their bank account. They seriously make me want to vomit.
It wasn't a serious question ;)

I don't no of anyone who wears a mask around babys anymore maybe in hospital
Covid hasn't gone away and isn't less serious, especially to a newborn. We're in Europe and plenty of people still wear masks in shops and on public transport. I'd test and wear a mask if visiting a friend's baby.

there’re so lucky to have her and I wish them all the best. Question though not sure if they have spoken about it, how does the state view them, like do they put her down as mother on birth cert? Ireland is so behind the times in terms of surrogacy
She is named as the mother and had to sign guardianship away. One of them is the father. After 2 years, the other partner can apply for guardianship. Brian spoke about it in an article recently.

And more info here: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/.../adoption_and_fostering/surrogacy.html#l5ddb6

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I chose not to BF both my kids and I was advised on things to do to avoid my milk coming in, it’s not that difficult and it works.
There's a medication called Cabergoline also that does same.

You're not given medication for milk not coming in. I couldn't/shouldn't BF for medical reasons and it was put up and shut up. This wasn't in the stone ages either, this was last year.
Sorry that happened to you, there is medication for it you could have been given.

I get your point. I really do. But just because something makes us feel uncomfortable does that mean it shouldn't happen ?

Surrogacy happens every single day all over the world. Some women are in dire situations and have no option but to rent out their womb to feed their family. Or sell their new born baby to keep a roof over their heads.

Aoife is in a privileged situation as far as surrogacy goes because she has access to family, medication, comfortable surroundings and therapy / counselling if she feels she needs it.
Maybe it should make us feel uncomfortable because then it will open up a conversation around it and lead to better understanding of surrogacy and better regulations around it.

• Heart
Covid hasn't gone away and isn't less serious, especially to a newborn. We're in Europe and plenty of people still wear masks in shops and on public transport. I'd test and wear a mask if visiting a friend's baby.
Maybe they did take antigens, who knows. Can we please not have a debate about Covid of all things.

Reactions: 8
The one thing that sickens me in all of this has nothing to do with them being 2 men or Aoife being the surrogate. I had my son in summer 2020 & barely got time with my hubby in recovery when I then spent 3 days in hospital by myself (covid rules at time with newborn). Spring 2021 I had to have a colostomy bag fitted, again 14 days in hospital with no visitors allowed at all at a time of such change & upheaval & emotional trauma to me. Earlier this year I had a hysterectomy (I have MS, pregnancy & birth caused me irreparable damage) and I was only allowed an hour visit a day for 2 days.
I’ve been through the worst alone.

They’ve been allowed an extra person into every scan/appointment - they’ve been allowed film scans and appointments that we aren’t allowed to do, they’ve been allowed an extra person AND A CANERA CREW at the birth and all because of €€€€.

That’s the only sickener here isn’t it

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
In a way I’d say Aoife is relieved. I bet she’d love a proper cuddle with the baby but overall she’s now out of that house and away from the two of them in her face constantly.
In time she’ll heal and hopefully go back to her own job, own home and own friends.
Brian isn’t 100% loving the all-nighters, you can tell, but Orthur seems to be throwing himself into it with a good attitude.
Wonder what they’re going to do for food today…sure Brian could hop in the car and head to Dunnes…oh hang on, no he can’t.
No doubt one of the Tighe’s will arrive with food…cos we all know good friend Pipsy won’t.

Reactions: 7
Do we know if Aoife is the biological mother? I really feel for her.
They used a donor egg. They don't know the donor. So Aoife is not the biological mum.
She will be on the birth cert as mother in Ireland due to the legalities here. She will have to legally relinquish her rights to guardianship. I think it's 2 years before the non-biological father can legally be named on the birth cert.

Reactions: 4
Brian seems over it already, rolling his eyes and filming Arthur comforting the child while he lays in bed. You’d think he’d put the phone away and just get on with it for the first while anyway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.