Brian Dowling #13 Family of 3, about to be 4…Aoife says ‘oh no, don’t you want me around anymore?’

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does that mean if Aoife moved out and took the kids with her they can’t do anything
Well Arthur is their legal father so its not as if she can just sail off into the sunset, and I'm sure they have some sort of legal agreement and I think once Blake is 2 Brian can apply for adoption

Reactions: 3
Does that mean if Aoife moved out and took the kids with her they can’t do anything
This is the problem with surrogacy here in Ireland, there are no laws around it, but it's not illegal either.
I would presume if Aoife did take the kids, as the legally recognized mother she would not be breaking the law, but Arthur as the biological father could pursue custody or visitation, like any other couple with kids splitting up. If Brian and Arthur had adopted both kids (this would an option for them) Aoife's parental rights would be terminated and Brian and Arthur would both be legally parents, in that case Aoife would have no legal standing to take the kids.

Reactions: 8
If she had given birth to Blake & then got on with her own life in her own home &
just visited like any other auntie then it might not be as straight forward but she has been as big as part as Arthur in raising her, more present in her life than Brian who, in his defense, has been working 2 jobs a lot of that time keeping a roof over all their heads but legally she has been as present as any other mother. They can call her Auntie all they like but she has mothered that child since she got pregnant with her. There’s no way she can move on with her life without struggling massively.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
This is the problem with surrogacy here in Ireland, there are no laws around it, but it's not illegal either.
I would presume if Aoife did take the kids, as the legally recognized mother she would not be breaking the law, but Arthur as the biological father could pursue custody or visitation, like any other couple with kids splitting up. If Brian and Arthur had adopted both kids (this would an option for them) Aoife's parental rights would be terminated and Brian and Arthur would both be legally parents, in that case Aoife would have no legal standing to take the kids.

Brian conveniently never ever mentions the adoption option when he's whinging non stop about our archaic laws.

I know more than one step father who adopted his step kids and became their legal guardian that way. Going back 30+ years even so it's not like that's a new concept

But "I can just adopt her" doesnt tug on the heart strings and get documentaries made like pretending he has zero legal options does.

Reactions: 13
Brian conveniently never ever mentions the adoption option when he's whinging non stop about our archaic laws.

I know more than one step father who adopted his step kids and became their legal guardian that way. Going back 30+ years even so it's not like that's a new concept

But "I can just adopt her" doesnt tug on the heart strings and get documentaries made like pretending he has zero legal options does.
I was adopted by mu mothers husband when I was 11

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I cant imagine selling my newborn child's photo to a red top rag to make a few bob. It's just the pits.

Reactions: 16
Would they even be paid that much. So much is lifted from Instagram now that I don’t think they are paying as much anymore

Reactions: 7
Wonder when the photo shoot is for the magazine?
Must be killing Orthur especially not to be able to show her face to the camera…yet.
I think it’s hilarious that Tati is coming for 2 months. Orthur is going to have to do all the errands, Aoife will be relaxing in her room drinking fizzy drinks…so how is Brian going to communicate with Tati?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think A&B are happy to offload Aoife in their honey moon period of being a family of 4. Hence Tati is wheeled in and Aoife probably shipped to Tara's house. Then when the photoshoots are done and the paparazzi lights fade exit a wrecked Tati and reintroduce Aoife. A can resume his meetings and B his TV career.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think A&B are happy to offload Aoife in their honey moon period of being a family of 4. Hence Tati is wheeled in and Aoife probably shipped to Tara's house. Then when the photoshoots are done and the paparazzi lights fade exit a wrecked Tati and reintroduce Aoife. A can resume his meetings and B his TV career.
I think the same. It will be back to business as usual a couple of months down the line.

Reactions: 10
On the freebie dining table? In a drawer? A tent in the tiny garden? Maybe share a bed with Aoife? Maybe not since she’ll be busy with feeds and rearing the toddler. But Tati seems a lovely lady - she knows the kind that Brian is too and is no fool.
I’m sure Tati will be part of the photo shoot

Reactions: 7
She was the last time and I don't think aoife will be going anywhere she is their live in nanny and sure she has nowhere else to go that's her home

Reactions: 9
Under Irish law Aoife is the legal mother of both children.

Currently, there is no specific legislation for surrogacy in Ireland. It is not legal or illegal.
This means the surrogate mother, who gives birth to the child, is the child’s legal mother and guardian. This is the case even if she is not the biological mother of the child (where her egg is not used). If the surrogate mother is not married, then she is the sole automatic guardian of the child.

If the commissioning father is the genetic or biological father of the child, he can apply for guardianship of the child under the Guardianship of Infants Act 1964. However, his partner does not have an immediate right to make such an application (even if she is the child’s biological mother). Instead, if the couple is married or in a civil partnership, the partner must wait 2 years before seeking guardianship or custody rights. These 2 years will show the court that the parent had day-to-day responsibility for the child’s care.

If the couple are cohabitating (living together but not married or in a civil partnership), the partner must wait 3 years before applying for guardianship or custody.

This has no impact on the surrogate mother’s status as the child’s legal mother and guardian.

Alternatively, the commissioning parents can seek to adopt the child in order to have a legal relationship with it.

If the child is being adopted, this must be done through the Adoption Authority of Ireland. In this case, there is no guarantee that the child of a surrogate mother would be placed with the commissioning parents.

I think by having Aoife living with them they have created an almighty mess, there is nothing to stop her from packing up both kids and leaving, no court in the land would remove a newborn and a toddler from the only mother they have known, and she would be recognized as their mother under Irish law. So by law, Aoife is the mother and sole automatic guardian, Arthur as commissioning/genetic father can apply for guardianship, Brian can pout and pose but for now no legal recognition, so we will see how things fair when that two year limit is up for the youngest, if Aoife is still in the house or if they have her listed on Done Deal.
Omg soo funny. Done Deal. 🤪🤪
---
That’s a whole lot of “ifs” and 24 more months. A lot can happen between three adults in that time.
---
Wonder when the photo shoot is for the magazine?
Must be killing Orthur especially not to be able to show her face to the camera…yet.
I think it’s hilarious that Tati is coming for 2 months. Orthur is going to have to do all the errands, Aoife will be relaxing in her room drinking fizzy drinks…so how is Brian going to communicate with Tati?
Yes so WHY does Brian need parental leave when Tati is arriving? Then there’s 4 people looking after the babies. Why would any man?? Want to be there in the midst of all the melee and Tati doesn’t speak English and Brian doesn’t speak French. Omg it gets dafter by the day. Two months of the mother in law? 🙈
---
Anyone think that Aoife will go again for a third baby. Maybe a boy to carry on the name is needed next. ? 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Omg soo funny. Done Deal. 🤪🤪
---

That’s a whole lot of “ifs” and 24 more months. A lot can happen between three adults in that time.
---

Yes so WHY does Brian need parental leave when Tati is arriving? Then there’s 4 people looking after the babies. Why would any man?? Want to be there in the midst of all the melee and Tati doesn’t speak English and Brian doesn’t speak French. Omg it gets dafter by the day. Two months of the mother in law? 🙈
---
Anyone think that Aoife will go again for a third baby. Maybe a boy to carry on the name is needed next. ? 🤔
Yip, I don’t think she’s done yet!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t think she’ll go again. Between recovery now & the preparation involved as well as the pregnancy & recovery from that she’d be essentially pausing her life for at least another 2 years. I’ve already guessed she has lost about 4 years to them already.

Reactions: 12