Brian Dowling #12 How will they afford high rent cause they havent a cent

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I think it was the bedroom with the walk in wardrobe, it suits BDG to have himself a nice vanity area

Why is arfur decorating the office with pictures on the wall and all like you don't own the house 🤔
Well to be fair, you make a house a home, be it rented or owned

Reactions: 11
He’s flat out with the Command strips putting up photos of Girls Aloud while applying for backing arm-dance jobs in his new office

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe Orfer has been coming on every day with a visible plaster on his nose and hasn’t explained what it is. These people go in to detail ad nauseam about their life and yet when it suits him he says nothing!!

Glad he got his office for him begging emails…gotta bring in the freebies!! 💪🏼
My first guess (and this pure wild speculation ) was maybe a biopsy for a discolouring that's being tested for skin cancer.
Only because it's so small and he hasn't mentioned it.
Again only speculation with nothing to back it.

Reactions: 4
Well to be fair, you make a house a home, be it rented or owned
Exactly this and not to defend them, especially Brian who acts with way too much over the top privillage it enrages.....
Arthur did have a hard start to life with fleeing war and having that whole uncertainty, I can imagine that every new home in his life is just something that makes his head feel stable.
I can only imagine the eye rolling we will be doing when they do finally end up in their forever Casa DG but on a deeper level I can imagine that it would be what Arthur has only dreamt of especially with children in tow.

• Heart
I can’t believe Orfer has been coming on every day with a visible plaster on his nose and hasn’t explained what it is. These people go in to detail ad nauseam about their life and yet when it suits him he says nothing!!
He most likely boxed himself on the snout during a rebost armology sesh.

• Haha
There were dozens of houses around the city, fancy ones and furnished ones and way more modern ones for that type of rent. I wonder why they went for that one. Also the top floor being taken over by them. Sure the baby will be in with them for the first while but then it will be down to the second floor where the nanny is.
Was it all because of Brian not being able to drive that drove the choice?
Or maybe with rent like that, it’s similar to a mortgage, you have to prove you have the income to pay the €5000 each month. And because they’re not stable in their income, their choices were limited.
Brian is the main breadwinner here. Neither of the other 2 have any employment that’s obvious. Had Brian learned to drive, the whole trouple family situation would not have to had been uprooted and moved to Dublin paying such extortionate rent! Before anybody comes at me saying their partners don’t drive, etc, it’s very difficult when living somewhere rural and opting to not drive. It’s a necessity so he should have sucked it up and got his licence! 🙄

Reactions: 7
Brian is the main breadwinner here. Neither of the other 2 have any employment that’s obvious. Had Brian learned to drive, the whole trouple family situation would not have to had been uprooted and moved to Dublin paying such extortionate rent! Before anybody comes at me saying their partners don’t drive, etc, it’s very difficult when living somewhere rural and opting to not drive. It’s a necessity so he should have sucked it up and got his licence! 🙄
I can wholeheartedly agree that not having a license in a rural setting is very tough.
Unfortunately at numerous attempts I cannot get a full license, it's just not something that comes naturally to me.
But at least I'm trying something we can't say about Brian

I don't get this. They already lived in Kildare for 4 years with Arthur driving Brian up to Dublin every day. Why couldn't they rent another house in Kildare and continue to drive to Dublin every day? Or rent in tallaght or firhouse near virgin media for half of what they are paying in terenure.

Brian not driving doesn't explain why theyve moved to a 5k house in terenure.

Reactions: 10
Doubt they are actually going to pay 5k per month. I’d say they have a deal with the estate agent to work at events or advertise luxury houses for rent in Dublin. No way can they afford that kind of money with a young family.

Reactions: 5
Doubt they are actually going to pay 5k per month. I’d say they have a deal with the estate agent to work at events or advertise luxury houses for rent in Dublin. No way can they afford that kind of money with a young family.
It's not the estate agent that owns the house so doubt they could reduce the rent too much. It would be up to the landlord so therefore I can't see it being too much of a reduction. I'd still say they are paying 4k a month. Estate agent makes a commission or mgt fee from letting it and why reduce it as can't see what business these two could bring them!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It's not the estate agent that owns the house so doubt they could reduce the rent too much. It would be up to the landlord so therefore I can't see it being too much of a reduction. I'd still say they are paying 4k a month. Estate agent makes a commission or mgt fee from letting it and why reduce it as can't see what business these two could bring them!
Have they bought a new house
Where are they moving to
Lots of the k club houses are rentals

Reactions: 1
If an estate agent can't rent property in the current climate then they might as well give up.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Would live in a house knowing they lived there? Every inch of the house plastered on social media. I would have nightmares thinking of Arthur's dance moves around th bedroom and kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m not meaning to sound like a judgemental cow…. But how could you pay that rent when you have a toddler, a baby on the way and a surrogate to mind? Would you not have your own gaff sorted before you decided to start a family. I know this isn’t the case for everyone and the housing crises should not stop people from becoming parents. But most people I know who rent are trying to save for a gaff (and are totally transparent about renting too). They are old enough too to know better.

Even if he has properties in London, it’s totally stupid financially to pay 5k a month to a landlord. Imagine being so caught up in how others view you that you will pay 5k a month for a rental. Especially when have children and a surrogate

I cannot believe they are sleeping on a different floor as the babies and leaving Aoife to care for the children during the night. If they bought a gaff before all this, they could’ve built Aoife a little log cabin or something in their garden or a granny flat so she could have her own space. Their priorities are all over the place. I could not sleep on a different floor than my babies.

It’s a bizzare situation to be honest and I do feel really sorry for Blake and the baby. They need stability and privacy but unfortunately they won’t have either.
I know this move was sprung on them. It seemed sudden. But to be a home owner you need to be very, very frugal and I don’t think they can be that or live like that. There doesn’t seem to be a real thought out plan for the future. Agreeing to have another baby without having a home and one non driving parent is scary to me. This house is far too large and expensive. It’s an awful waste of nearly €50 K down the drain for one year. !! I can’t help feeling sorry for them all as they don’t appear to be in touch with reality. Also what happens if Brian loses either of his jobs. At least where they were they were near family and friends who were there to their backs and supporting them and it wasn’t Dublin City and all that brings with schools, etc.
---
The house they are renting has the option to come furnished or unfurnished so I'd say they have opted for the furnished one. Also I'd say they will want to be back in kildare in the k club but obviously they couldn't get a mortgate to purchase the house they were in .
---

Brian is working on the radio over a year and still cannot work the desk so I doubt he will be bothered learning to drive
Maybe some specific learning disability like dyslexia or dyspraxia, etc. Perhaps he’s even unaware of what’s wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I know this move was sprung on them. It seemed sudden.

Just on this point. According to citizens information if you are in your rented accommodation then the landlord needs to give you 180 days notice.
So tbh, I wouldn't say it was sprung on them. I'd say they buried their head in the sand and just left it until the last minute.

I don’t believe the move was sprung on them, they have led people believe it was sprung on them just like they led people to believe they bought the house at the K Club

Reactions: 9
It was a insta move pure and simple, their while lives revolve around insta and social media, it’s really sad and Blake and the new baby are jus part of the show

Reactions: 9