Breakup advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
im so sorry to hear this big hugs to you
your perfect is coming soon xx

Reactions: 3
So my husband was away at the weekend and before he left he used my laptop to print his boarding pass, he left himself logged into google and so I was able to see all his google photos, I feel sick, he must be on every dating site in the country, sharing loads of images and videos of himself, he screenshotted some that he received so ive seen those. Worst thing is he screenshotted a conversation with some girl he spent the night with when he was at a stag saying wish you were still in bed beside me, we will have to plan another night away.
We are married 5 years with a 5 year old, have been trying for years to have another baby and plan was to do IVF. I dont even know what i feel, i think i feel the worst for our daughter who is never going to have another sibling now, she loves her Daddy. I havent seen him yet as he is flying home today. He knows I know as he rang and he knew something was up straight away, he says nothing happened between them, honestly i dont believe him, he is disgusting. I told him if he wants to see our daughter he can collect her from childcare the tomorrow and drop her to school in the morning. He replied with a very incoherent message saying I'll bring her Friday, then another one saying I mean tmrw, he tried to ring on few times on saturday and i let him video call herself but then she brought the phone out to me and i ended the call and he didnt even get in touch all day yesterday.

his friend is coming out this evening to fix something at our house, he was at the stag last year, would it be weird if i asked him to tell me what happened? I feel like hes just gonna say I'm not getting involved and then I'll be embarrassed but am gonna be mortified anyway like how i am gonna tell people oh he doesnt live he anymore, i found out he was on swingers website etc

any advice, thanks

Reactions: 8
I’m so sorry.
I was the same recently.. I couldn’t eat and lost a stone in weight and I would have a bath and go to bed at 8pm but I’ve slowly started to feel better. Take one day at a time. Eat little bits when you can.. it really will make all the difference if you fuel your body. Let yourself cry and then get out for some fresh air. I must have walked for miles but it helped me. Have small plans, even if it’s just to pop to the shop to keep you distracted and to get you through the day. You will feel better soon and I’m sending you love.

You poor thing. This is a huge shock.
First things first - take screengrabs, save pics etc etc. Get the evidence. Save it somewhere safe.
Do not let on to his mate that you know what’s going on.
Contact a lawyer, get the ball rolling. Figure out where you are legally and financially. That he thinks you are unaware is currently your advantage.
You and your child deserve a million times better

This is all great advice. Your husbands mate will only lie for him or fish to see what you already know. Even if the friend mentions it, the OP should say she doesn’t want to discuss it. I hope OP you have some friends or family to lean on x

Reactions: 4
I’m so sorry, I’m going through something similar more and more keeps coming out the woodwork. Don’t ask the mate, stay the bigger person if that makes sense. If you can do childcare without seeing him that will be best.
Personally I can’t I have to see him almost daily and it’s hard.
you sound so strong, keep that strength. What I ask myself alot is do I want to know? Some things I do and some I have worked out are best unknown ie who knows etc. you will soon learn who you can trust anyway by there actions.

Telling people he doesn’t live here anymore is tough, I’ve only told a few I just laugh it off and change the conversation still. Let him pack his own stuff if you can that hurts them harder rather than we do it for them

Always here if you need to talk

thanks so much, he told me that same friend thats coming this evening shagged a girl at that stag, he is also married so no point saying anything to him
I just can't believe he's done this, I don't even know where to start
He's coming out with the usual bullshit now, he's sorry he's just insecure, I am disgusted by him, I'm sure if I could see the full contents of the phone there would only be worse things, there's screenshots of hotel bookings there that I've never even heard of
I sound strong now because i havent had to tell anyone yet, when I even think about telling my family, my eyes tear up
It's just so sad, I never thought he would cheat on me, can't actually believe this is happening
Anyone gotten legal advice on this before? I'm sure he has a right to stay in the family home if he wants no?

I got legal advice but I didn’t need to ask this sorry as he had already left. He has to support me and the kids etc but because I’m still young I need to show willing to pay the bills as the kids get older etc. in a nutshell anyway.

just tell one person andthey can always tell more my immediate friends and family know but no one else does, he actually changed all his profile pictures to him and the new woman so he kind of told everyone for me.

ido therapy once a week to help me get over it, Its useful but to help me cope with things but I’m a dickhead and we keep ending up in bed together, no idea why i can’t explain it because I hate him but it happens.

when he comes back try not to see him, the longer the better I think

thanks I don't want to see him at all, I'm just so sad for no more family days out, holidays, feel so sad for my daughter and myself to just have to live by ourselves, the place just seems so quiet.

Reactions: 1
thanks I don't want to see him at all, I'm just so sad for no more family days out, holidays, feel so sad for my daughter and myself to just have to live by ourselves, the place just seems so quiet.
It’s hard, he had the kids for his first day out on Saturday. I cried all day. I’m still only a few weeks in and the loneliness in the evenings is hard but it gets easier and less painful but still lonely if that makes sense. Take one day at a time, one day it won’t hurt and you can be friends and have family days out etc just your new versions. That’s what I try and think of, I don’t want my kids to not have family memories but it will take time

If its a joint mortgage you can tell him to leave the family home and he can't sell it until the children are 18... Any probs making him leave get legal advice. This might mean that you become responsible for 100% of the mortgage though if he decides not to contribute, and in paying all that time you will essentially be building him a nest egg, so it's really only suitable as a short term plan until you can either buy him out or afford to make moves on your own (rented or bought).

But once you sort your single parent income things won't look so scary! Getting him out the house buys you time to do this.

Take legal advice if you're married re divorce and get evidence of his indiscretion because you might need it later.

Ring universal credit and claim as a single parent. Use the child maintenance calculator to see what he should be paying you for your child. Take what's yours out of joint bank accounts ASAP. Direct all your income/wages/child benefit to your single named bank account. Think about renting if you're low income because you will get housing benefit.

Change the locks.

Make these moves fast because once he realises you mean business and there is no going back he will be all about self preservation.

The house might seem quiet and you might hurt now but I promise it won't be for long. You'll find happiness again and you will look back on this and be so grateful he showed you his true colours

The above advice is incorrect. Unfortunately he does have the right to stay in the matrimonial home and if you change the locks he will be able to get a court order to get back in. If he is violent or abusive you can get an occupation order. I would strongly advise anyone in these situations to seek legal advice asap.

Reactions: 8
I really struggle with setting boundaries, my husband is really depressed and it plays a big part in what has happened I think but def how I’m treating him. Yesterday he’s shouting at me he wants the marriage certificate so he can start the divorce. An hour and a half later he’s ringing me having a panic attack while driving so I stayed on the phone until he got back to where he’s staying. Managed to calm him down enough and be there for him. He got called out on a work emergency which which is 50mins from where he’s staying but 10mins from me so at 10pm he asks if he can stay over as he won’t finish until 1am. I go and leave a key out for him and at 1.30 hw comes and home and gets into bed, we talk about work and go to sleep. He left his charger and stuff here so I had to go and drop it off on his job today. It’s all so odd, like I know I should have said no but how do you say no to someone who hours earlier was having a panic attack? I just can’t seem to get anywhere with it. Have him the marriage certificate this morning and he cried at me… it’s so confusing

forgot to add that he was also talking about suicide again and how Are two kids are the only reason stopping him

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Honestly I know it sounds harsh, but please try to not let him manipulate you like this, because that’s what it is, manipulation. He sounds like a huge man baby who needs to grow the hell up.

the thing is, he has treated you like dirt. He stuck with you because he wasn’t sure if another woman would take him. He is totally vile and he deserves 0 sympathy or help from you. Having anxiety/depression does not make you behave like the total arsehole he has and it is not an excuse!

he treated you like a door mat, something to wipe his shoes on on the way out. Please just don’t fall into his trap. I get that it must be hard for you, but please try to stop caring for his feelings, he doesn’t care about yours one bit.

you need to just ignore him and focus on yourself and your kids.

Reactions: 12
that's incredibly tough, does he has parents or siblings or anyone else you could tell who could help carry the burden? My husband is the same, goes through periods but really relies on me making him feel good about himself to be able to function, this is what is was all about, he was looking for that elsewhere and maybe I'm wrong but a person's mental health being shouldn't be based on how another person feels about them, they should be able to regulate their own feelings themselves no?

Thank you, sorry I didn’t reply I didn’t know what to say because I agreed with everything. That’s what’s so silly and I can’t understand because I 100% get and agree that but when he’s in front of me crying it disappears.

had a bad evening with him last night, he came to see the kids but was so upset. Within half an hour he was in bed having another panic attack. He kept texting me last night about different things later in the evening but I didn’t reply. I haven’t heard from him yet today and he normally rings the kids no later than 7.30am on weekdays. I can’t help but be worried.

He’s cut all his family out I’m the only one he will talk too, he will respond to a text from my parents if they text but it’s only one word answers so I feel it’s just me.
Your right they should, they are grown adults!!! How’s it going?

Maybe I’m harsh, but if he was in front of me crying, id laugh and call him pathetic. I’d tell him he’s a grown adult and he’s made his mess so he can deal with it himself. I wouldn’t have an ounce of sympathy for him after the way he’s been. I’d tell him I’m not his mum and he’s not a baby and that he needs to stop putting his issues on you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It is really manipulative what he’s doing. He’s making a choice to lay this on you. Saying he has no one else to lean on - well buddy you destroyed the relationship so this isn’t someone you CAN lean on. It’s awful hard though because I think your feelings of love towards him outweigh your anger. @Jojoo do you have a therapist you can speak to? I think you really need someone equipped in your life to help you manage next steps

edit: I looked at your older posts and see your Couple therapist is now your therapist. I know it’s horrible but I think she’s right about him being your abuser.

Reactions: 4
Haven't had to see him yet which helps, I don't even want to look at him, he says he has an appointment today to start getting help. He collected our daughter yesterday and brought her to school this morning, I dunno what i'm gonna say to her this evening when she is asking where he is, will prob just say he's at work, she's only 5 like how do i even begin to explain this to her

I say he’s at work still I’m waiting until he’s somehwere more permanent to say anything else, I got advice from our pre school and they said to keep it simple. Daddy’s at daddy house, this is our house now. That’s the advice they gave for my 3 year old but 5 she will be more knowing. This is where I love tattle as someone on here will have done it and have advice on it

Reactions: 2