Bowelbabe #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s Instagram at its worst really. The want/need to still be relevant and in the public eye regardless of what’s going on. She has no intention of stopping and that’s her choice, but I’m not sure her audience are as comfortable watching as they once were. I find it sad/desperate/unethical/embarrassing etc etc but BB can make her own choices and she will not stop.

Reactions: 15
Desperate is a good word actually. Desperate to carry on like normal. Desperate not to confront reality. Desperate not to step away from IG.

It's just so sad.

Reactions: 13
Funny how she's just uploaded a pic of her hubby onto her storyline. Do we reckon she's been reading here again?

Reactions: 23
Even if she has it’s nice to see that he’s around and caring for her. Really hope they are getting some quality time together.

Reactions: 7
That pic brought back crushing memories of my mum in her final days before sedation and then when she died, having to massage her feet as she always felt they were on fire 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Yes I completely agree. I just don’t like when families are told it will speed things up.

Sorry to hear about your mum. My mum also died of lung mets during covid. I just wanted to say not ALL health professionals ditched for covid . I’m a community nurse we worked all through covid with no reduced work load. In fact it was increased by gp’s who sent/are still sending dn’s to do their job
Absolutely agree. GPs refusing to see patients but still expecting us nurses ti be patient facing throughout

• Sad
Reactions: 6
it is not showing an accurate account that most people will experience. There also comes a point when death does need to be discussed, sorry but it does, very few people walk away from stage four cancer.
This.

I've posted before about how my mum ended up in a private room there - she was an NHS patient and we traveled there for a trial. They were so concerned about her that they quarantined her there and then (her lungs were shot).

Anyway, on the Friday, just before heading off for the weekend, an oncologist and a couple of the team trouped in and announced to my mum that she could die of heart failure at any moment and they had assigned her DNR. There was no sugar-coating it in the slightest. It was a very different story, even though she had never wanted to know the worst-case scenario. Seems that doesn't happen if you're a paying guest.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I know I am late to comment on this but Moniques last update is heartbreaking. Personally I can not cope with nausea at all. To have pretty much all of your day every day must be unbearable. I hope they find meds that make her more comfortable. She is a total sweetheart ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know I am late to comment on this but Moniques last update is heartbreaking. Personally I can not cope with nausea at all. To have pretty much all of your day every day must be unbearable. I hope they find meds that make her more comfortable. She is a total sweetheart ❤
Me either, nausea must be the absolute worst. Breaks my heart thay no drugs are enough to control it for her

Reactions: 6
Absolutely agree. GPs refusing to see patients but still expecting us nurses ti be patient facing throughout
Not all GPs. I’m a GP and have seen people f2f the entire time through the pandemic, done home visits and now pretty much back to pre-pandemic working. I’m working my arse off and fed up with people slagging us off constantly.

We have a shortage of about 6000 GPs across the country and attitudes like this just mean more are leaving to work privately or emigrate or leave medicine completely. I’m getting to the point now that I want to leave 😕

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Not all GPs. I’m a GP and have seen people f2f the entire time through the pandemic, done home visits and now pretty much back to pre-pandemic working. I’m working my arse off and fed up with people slagging us off constantly.

We have a shortage of about 6000 GPs across the country and attitudes like this just mean more are leaving to work privately or emigrate or leave medicine completely. I’m getting to the point now that I want to leave 😕
I’m afraid you have to understand the attitudes are due to lived experiences. I have been unable to see a GP In two years. I have a chronic illness that requires regular monitoring and sometimes I need my GP. Well done you for working hard, but like I said, lived experiences will leave patients frustrated.

It’s not your fault but if people cannot see their gp because there is a shortage, where do they go? Yep, you guessed it. I work in ED and we are on our knees. So it’s not just you that feels the pressure.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I’m afraid you have to understand the attitudes are due to lived experiences. I have been unable to see a GP In two years. I have a chronic illness that requires regular monitoring and sometimes I need my GP. Well done you for working hard, but like I said, lived experiences will leave patients frustrated.

It’s not your fault but if people cannot see their gp because there is a shortage, where do they go? Yep, you guessed it. I work in ED and we are on our knees. So it’s not just you that feels the pressure.
I completely understand. I also have a chronic condition and have 2 children with ASD and learning disabilities, and the younger one has an immune issue too so we require medical input more than the average family. I am in the process of looking into private medical insurance because of the dire state of things at the moment.

I’m not saying the NHS is perfect but the government are purposely defunding it in order to shift the blame (probably to “lazy GPs”) so when it fails they can sell it off to private companies like they did with utilities and the rail companies.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I am also fed up with people tarring all GPs with the same brush. Regardless of your experience, the vast majority of GPs have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic. People don’t seem to realise that it was government led advice directed via health board management that most GP contacts switched to telephone consultations.

Its the NHS, it’s failing and that’s a fact. But don’t bash GPs who have very little say in how consultations changed during the pandemic. People seem to expect the NHS to be this ultra super power continuing to thrive during a global crisis. It simply isn’t up to that standard unfortunately but it’s not the fault of an individual sector.

Write to your local MP with your own experience of failings, because ultimately “GPs not seeing anyone” is far from reality. In my opinion it’s a reflection of how self entitled a society we have become. Don’t like it - go private or move country and sample the spectacular health services world wide..!

Reactions: 14
I'm grateful for my local GP practice. Can always get an appointment with somebody if necessary, although it's understandably been more difficult during the pandemic. It must be very challenging for doctors to keep, say, patients with cancer or immunosuppression away from other patients who may have Covid when all patients attend the same building.

Reactions: 7
I'm grateful for my local GP practice. Can always get an appointment with somebody if necessary, although it's understandably been more difficult during the pandemic. It must be very challenging for doctors to keep, say, patients with cancer or immunosuppression away from other patients who may have Covid when all patients attend the same building.
We had two separate surgeries in our group for this reason. One for immunocompromised and one for everyone else. They were much more stringent in the first one. They then decided that not enough people were attending the first one and sold it off, despite the fact it was a busy surgery pre pandemic. And you could only attend by invitation?

Reactions: 2
I am also fed up with people tarring all GPs with the same brush. Regardless of your experience, the vast majority of GPs have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic. People don’t seem to realise that it was government led advice directed via health board management that most GP contacts switched to telephone consultations.

Its the NHS, it’s failing and that’s a fact. But don’t bash GPs who have very little say in how consultations changed during the pandemic. People seem to expect the NHS to be this ultra super power continuing to thrive during a global crisis. It simply isn’t up to that standard unfortunately but it’s not the fault of an individual sector.

Write to your local MP with your own experience of failings, because ultimately “GPs not seeing anyone” is far from reality. In my opinion it’s a reflection of how self entitled a society we have become. Don’t like it - go private or move country and sample the spectacular health services world wide..!
I’m sorry but I disagree with your statement here. The NHS is funded with public money, people have a right to an opinion and opinions come from experience, whether that’s negative or positive. Saying go private or move country is ridiculous.
The only way to change anything is to make sure you use your vote and understand what you are voting for.

Anyway, I’m sure this thread is derailing and needs to move on to topic 😊

Reactions: 22
Well, back on topic, it's very quiet on the BB front. I feel sad thinking about what must be happening. Sad for her family and sort of sad for everybody who's ever known her or watched her, because whatever we think about the stuff she's done over the past 6 years, it's a real wake-up call to see somebody so vital being stripped of health in such a painful fashion.

Not a warning but let's all get back on topic - Please read our rules and why they're important
I’m sorry but I disagree with your statement here. The NHS is funded with public money, people have a right to an opinion and opinions come from experience, whether that’s negative or positive. Saying go private or move country is ridiculous.
The only way to change anything is to make sure you use your vote and understand what you are voting for.

Anyway, I’m sure this thread is derailing and needs to move on to topic 😊
And I have to disagree with you also. Yes people have a right to an opinion, but with that comes with a responsibility not to accuse all GPs of not seeing patients.

Yes the NHS is funded with public money therefore you have a right to an opinion with regards to how adequate the service is. What people also need to realise is it is a finite resource and inevitably during a pandemic demand will exceed provision.

Wise up.

Well, back on topic, it's very quiet on the BB front. I feel sad thinking about what must be happening. Sad for her family and sort of sad for everybody who's ever known her or watched her, because whatever we think about the stuff she's done over the past 6 years, it's a real wake-up call to see somebody so vital being stripped of health in such a painful fashion.
Agree. BB was formerly so active and enjoyed a good social life while managing work and raising awareness. It’s devastating. I can only hope she is enjoying ample time with loved ones.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.