Bowelbabe #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Please report to add a title.

Let's not argue with each other, be respectful of everyone and agree to disagree :)

Reactions: 26
Would just add that independent school hols are well underway. I hope BB is able to spend time with her kids over the next few weeks.

Reactions: 4
The advertising products when terminally ill is new isn't it.

Haven't come across it before.

In years to come we will either look back and think BB was a trailblazer or actually whatever the opposite is 🤷‍♀️ (I cant think of the what that is 🤣)

It raises ethical questions, it raises practical questions and it is challenging what we think.

I've been mulling it over all day. It really challenges me as a consumer and as a caring human.

Gosh she is definately thought provoking 😉 And that is the positive I take from her x

Reactions: 16
I’ve just seen her prancing about in the poo costume reel she made 5 years ago when she was diagnosed. She’s made me giggle and reminded me to be conscious of my poo habits. Now there’s the Deborah I admire. She’s using her cancer to save others and I’ll always be in awe of her for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There's something incredibly inappropriate about recording ads from your hospital room. Posting things to share with family/friends/followers - wouldn't be my choice but I can understand why people do it and as long as they are considerate to other patients I don't have a problem with it.

People are only inpatient in hospital if they are seriously unwell. If BB was working for an employer, any ethical company would not allow her to work while she was hospitalised and would insist that she took the time off. I have no idea how it works contractually with influencers doing advertising but I cannot imagine that any of them would insist that someone continue with any agreement while they were in hospital.

Do the companies paying for these ads not check them before they go out? Bowelbabe might want to continue working but the companies who she is doing ads for should stop her. For one, hospital bathrooms and seriously unwell people don't exactly scream aspirational, which is what I thought the whole idea of advertising was? But more importantly, it makes the companies who are paying for these ads look unethical and exploitational.

Reactions: 25
The advertising products when terminally ill is new isn't it.

Haven't come across it before.
Funnily enough, just last night i was thinking of another terminally ill woman who was big on Instagram prior to her death. She monetised her illness in a way I've never seen before, in that she used her fame to crowdfund to get her mortgage paid off. She was going to leave three kids behind, two of which were just toddlers, and she wanted them to be secure.

The weirdest thing was, she concealed the fact she had a husband. She just acted like he didn't exist. She would talk about what a struggle she was having, looking after the children, struggling to get out of the house with them etc. She'd talk about her teenage daughter and other relatives helping her. But her kids had a father! I don't think he'd walked out on them (frankly if he had, I think she would have used that to her advantage).

Again, she was seen to be above criticism because she was dying, but I thought it was manipulative bordering on fraudulent. Still, she got the money... £100k+ It just made me SO uncomfortable but I felt like a horror for even questioning her behaviour.

Weeks before she died she was doing an advert for Sky, hooked up to oxygen.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Funnily enough, just last night i was thinking of another terminally ill woman who was big on Instagram prior to her death. She monetised her illness in a way I've never seen before, in that she used her fame to crowdfund to get her mortgage paid off. She was going to leave three kids behind, two of which were just toddlers, and she wanted them to be secure.

The weirdest thing was, she concealed the fact she had a husband. She just acted like he didn't exist. She would talk about what a struggle she was having, looking after the children, struggling to get out of the house with them etc. She'd talk about her teenage daughter and other relatives helping her. But her kids had a father! I don't think he'd walked out on them (frankly if he had, I think she would have used that to her advantage).

Again, she was seen to be above criticism because she was dying, but I thought it was manipulative bordering on fraudulent. Still, she got the money... £100k+ It just made me SO uncomfortable but I felt like a horror for even questioning her behaviour.

Do you mean breathlessly mothering

Reactions: 6
Do you mean breathlessly mothering
Yeah. Am I bad for feeling like her behaviour was wrong? It really did seem so SO wrong that she lied by omission. Her youngest was around a year old so if the husband had vanished it would have been recent. She had their (equally quite recent) wedding photos up if you scrolled back on her IG. But during her day to day life on Insta it was like he didn't exist. She'd never announced that they had split up, and I assumed that if they had, she would have said so.

I know so many people will think it's OK to do what you can to raise as much money as you can for your kids before you die. Same with Jade Goody (whose constant media appearances before her death also felt deeply wrong to me). I just used to think about the people who were maybe giving money they could ill afford under sketchy pretences.

Reactions: 12
Am I the only one who has noticed it’s largely new members who jump on to defend Deborah? I’m sure most of them are connected to her in some way and I think it’s disingenuous for them not to declare it. I’m inclined to just ignore them.

Reactions: 27
Am I the only one who has noticed it’s largely new members who jump on to defend Deborah? I’m sure most of them are connected to her in some way and I think it’s disingenuous for them not to declare it. I’m inclined to just ignore them.
I was thinking the same today …

Yeah. Am I bad for feeling like her behaviour was wrong? It really did seem so SO wrong that she lied by omission. Her youngest was around a year old so if the husband had vanished it would have been recent. She had their (equally quite recent) wedding photos up if you scrolled back on her IG. But during her day to day life on Insta it was like he didn't exist. She'd never announced that they had split up, and I assumed that if they had, she would have said so.

I know so many people will think it's OK to do what you can to raise as much money as you can for your kids before you die. Same with Jade Goody (whose constant media appearances before her death also felt deeply wrong to me). I just used to think about the people who were maybe giving money they could ill afford under sketchy pretences.
I remember this lady and there are posts where she mentions him. I remember one regarding watching football with her husband. So she was definitely married at some point. Just not sure of the timeframes. But, had he left her while diagnosed she’d have definitely talked about it.

Reactions: 6

I genuinely thought she was a single mother 😬
Sometimes stuff makes me realise a lot of us really do take things at face value and don’t delve deeper
Feel a bit stupid now

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Good grief really? Haven't come across her.

That's gaining funds via deception if that is true.

Reactions: 1
I genuinely thought she was a single mother 😬
Sometimes stuff makes me realise a lot of us really do take things at face value and don’t delve deeper
Feel a bit stupid now
Maybe they had broken up, I don’t know. But what kind of man would leave his terminally ill wife and two little kids? They got married knowing she was sick and two back to back pregnancies ruined her health. What kind of monster would walk out? If they DID break up, there was no announcement and she quietly erased him from her IG. I just found it weird that she would talk about needing to crowdfund so that her kids wouldn’t lose their home when she died but never alluded to who was going to raise them (because, obviously, their father was going to raise them no matter which house they ended up living in).

Anyway, sorry for the derail. I had to stop following because my gut told me there was something strange going on.

Reactions: 3
I think FairPlay if she crowdfunded and got a house to keep her childrens lives stable. Bare in mind if husband was on the scene (and even if he wasn’t) he would still have to uproot the kids from their home/ work part time/ etc to support them when she passed. Baby was still very young, childcare is expensive. I was totally unaware she had a husband though.

I think FairPlay if she crowdfunded and got a house to keep her childrens lives stable. Bare in mind if husband was on the scene (and even if he wasn’t) he would still have to uproot the kids from their home/ work part time/ etc to support them when she passed. Baby was still very young, childcare is expensive. I was totally unaware she had a husband though.
Just to add it looks like the daughter is now estranged from her brothers, and their dad (her husband) seems to keep them away from her. That’s sad :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

OMG, I followed her. I didn’t know about a husband, I thought she was single.

Just to add it looks like the daughter is now estranged from her brothers, and their dad (her husband) seems to keep them away from her. That’s sad :(
BM was married the whole time and her husband was on the scene. I remember thinking how weird the whole thing was as he worked (pretty sure in a corporate role)

The whole thing is weird as BM daughter has now not been able to see her little brothers or step dad. I have no idea why 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 4
BM was married the whole time and her husband was on the scene. I remember thinking how weird the whole thing was as he worked (pretty sure in a corporate role)

The whole thing is weird as BM daughter has now not been able to see her little brothers or step dad. I have no idea why 🤷🏽‍♀️
If you look back at her IG there are hardly any grid posts. I think that’s because she deleted any photos with him in or captions that mentioned him, which was quite a lot.

Sad to hear about the daughter 😔 How do you know this?

Reactions: 1
I think im going to do one last post and then respectfully stop commenting about BB, as the new members have obviously been sent here to defend her and any criticism is now classed as trolling.
SHE has put herself out so publicly, so sadly she does have to deal with the criticism that it brings with it. That's life, no matter what your morals are. Not everybody likes each other, we all have differing opinions to which we are entitled.
So try pushing this narrative that a dying woman should be off limits....for her to be off limits she would need to stop living in the public eye/social media. Until then, we all have the right to disagree with her behaviour.
She is no longer this massive advocate and educator for bowel cancer, sure a few half hearted posts the last few days about signs and symptoms. She sells herself as an influencer and that is what matters to her now. Also, her lying by omission re: private vs NHS care. Her reluctance to make it clear her treatment is private is doing a MASSIVE disservice to other bowel cancer sufferers and deliberately misleading her followers.
She clearly cares not for any Joe public, she is looking out for no.1 and no.1 only. Which is fine I'll hold my hand up and say I'm one of the most selfish people you could meet. But she pushes this 'I'm here to help you all' narrative when in fact, she doesnt give a duck.
She's the most narcissistic privileged woman and its sickening really.
So do what you will with your final days Deborah, it's your kids I feel desperately sorry for. In all honesty, shes running out of 'options' very fast and I'd be shocked if she sees summer. To dupe her kids into believing doctors can keep pulling it out of the bag for her is just heartless in my opinion. She won't be here to pick up the pieces when she's gone, so presumably she just doesn't care. So that's my summary on the whole, fucked up weird situation. She isn't a nice woman, she doesnt care about the NHS minions and clearly has little affection for her poor kids. What a legacy (not) to leave

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I'm really concerned for Monique and her family. I hope she is comfortable and surrounded by love.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.