Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just watched that.

There were 100 people that knew of the party, plus staff, plus security and nobody said a thing. They’re all morally bankrupt, probably patting themselves on the back. The people, and that’s pretty much everyone who have made sacrifices, large and small are being laughed at by these pondscum.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I’ve just watched that.

There were 100 people that knew of the party, plus staff, plus security and nobody said a thing. They’re all morally bankrupt, probably patting themselves on the back. The people, and that’s pretty much everyone who have made sacrifices, large and small are being laughed at by these pondscum.
And yet it seems Boris will get away with it again. The guy seems to be untouchable. Any other politician would have been long gone by now. But Boris sails on. It’s really bizarre.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
And yet it seems Boris will get away with it again. The guy seems to be untouchable. Any other politician would have been long gone by now. But Boris sails on. It’s really bizarre.
Again, it's sadly down to our democratic process.

In the absence of a vote of no confidence, there's little anyone can do to remove Johnson. He's smartly appointed ministers who have unwavering loyalty so who knows what it'll take for a no confidence motion.

The onus is completely on him to do the decent thing and it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

As long as he believes he can ride each scandal out and find a way to distract the public, he'll try his best.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
At the moment there is no obvious successor. Truss may be popular with the membership, but so was Anne Widdecombe. When Hague resigned in 2001 AW wanted to stand for the leadership, but couldn't get enough MP's to support her. I get the feeling that many MP's view her as a lightweight. Sunak is not popular with the membership or some of the more right-wing MP's as he has been putting up tax, and refusing to slash VAT on energy bills.

Reactions: 4
The 1922 committee rumblings from before Christmas seem to have gone quiet, but they're probably busy behind the scenes. I predict that next Sunday's papers will be indepth reporting on sleaze in Govt. And they damn well deserve everything that gets thrown at them!

Do we detect Dom Cummings behind the latest revelation? And the timing is weird... but perhaps extra ammo for the 1922 lot.

Reactions: 9
Do we detect Dom Cummings behind the latest revelation? And the timing is weird... but perhaps extra ammo for the 1922 lot.
I believe Cummins is behind most of the revelations and that his strategy is to do it on a drip feed basis. That way each allegation is reported on separately but in articles that also back reference the others thereby keeping all of them in the public’s mind and putting more pressure on the Tories to get rid of Boris. How many more revelations can he weather and how much more does Cummins have on him I wonder?

Reactions: 12
I believe Cummins is behind most of the revelations and that his strategy is to do it on a drip feed basis. That way each allegation is reported on separately but in articles that also back reference the others thereby keeping all of them in the public’s mind and putting more pressure on the Tories to get rid of Boris. How many more revelations can he weather and how much more does Cummins have on him I wonder?
Lots and lots I reckon. And where is Carrie’s much vaunted Johnson heirloom engagement ring and wedding ring?

Just watched DUP MP Jim Shannon weeping in the Commons about he and wife not being able to see his dying MIL. My gosh. If Bojo the lying, shagging, cheating, lazy clown skates through this one I will lose faith in all humanity. 🤡🤡

Reactions: 11
A YouGov poll for Sky News shows 56% of respondents say Prime Minister Boris Johnson should resign.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
A YouGov poll for Sky News shows 56% of respondents say Prime Minister Boris Johnson should resign.
😮 Only 56% !! So what do the other 44% want to happen to him?
I can’t imagine many other options than him being hoofed out on his arse by a security guard, locked up in one of our luxurious detention centres or hung by the gonads from Tower Bridge.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This party has made my blood boil even more than it was before. And the ministers being wheeled out to speak today - all they can say is "Sue Gray, Sue Gray"... and that bleep Johnson smirking when he was asked about the party. We are being ruled by liars, thieves and charlatans.

ETA that dress is bleeping hideous, and I dont like her ear rings either.
peeking though the window of the Cabinet Office briefing
D470C19D-86FE-4080-A9FE-07BE9F487369.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4
😮 Only 56% !! So what do the other 44% want to happen to him?
I can’t imagine many other options than him being hoofed out on his arse by a security guard, locked up in one of our luxurious detention centres or hung by the gonads from Tower Bridge.
At first, I was thinking how can just over half think he should resign? That's not enough. But then I remembered political rhetoric over the last 5 or so years and understood.

It might seem like issues far removed from Brexit, immigration and culture wars but it's all these divisive messages, us vs them, this politician represents you and is fighting for you, this politician is the only one working in your interest and the opposition will ruin your life, in another life this politician would basically be your best friend, this group of people will threaten your livelihood and we're the only ones who can stop it... Etc.

People don't want Johnson out because despite everything they still think he's the best we've got and he's the right man to sort all the issues that have been eroding society for years.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
And the new parents went also partying last Thursday in Mayfair.
Carrie wasn't wearing her wedding ring.
Oh I love her. Grasping little twit. She's already mentally checked out and looking for rich husband number 2 to raise Boris' sprogs. Can't keep a good woman down!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
He left Downing Street this morning hiding in the back of a Range Rover.

Perhaps he’s having a bad hair day.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The only tiny glimmer of joy I’m having at the moment is how much Johnson must be hating this. He was so cravenly desperate to be PM, and instead of being the new Churchill he’s proved to be the inveterate lying sack of tit many of us already knew he was, and as utterly inept at this job as he’s been at all the others.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.