Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crocodile tears from Stratton - wtf did she expect? Makes me absolutely sick to my stomach what they (Tories) have done over the pandemic, and that's quite leaving aside all the austerity/cuts to services etc etc. But that Stratton woman has even enraged Mr. Weaver tonight.

Reactions: 12
It will matter very much if the Parliamentary party start believing that he is doing damage to the chances of the re-election of those new Tory MPs. There were a lot of very angry callers on Talk Radio all day today, and they’re pretty right-leaning. If that is fed back consistently to MPs that will make a big difference. Having a majority is all very well but the next election is what they’ll be thinking about - that, and having to listen to pissed off constituents all day long.
Yeah I totally agree on the points you’ve made. The British public mean nothing: the Tory voters, everything.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Yeah I totally agree on the points you’ve made. The British public mean nothing: the Tory voters, everything.
Well I didn’t quite mean that; I (perhaps naively) think that some people on both sides really do go into Parliament wanting to make a difference, and some of those Tory MPs will genuinely want to serve the people they represent and will be concerned on their behalf.

But that aside, the moment the parliamentary party convinces itself that Boris is more of a liability than an asset in terms of re-election, he is gone. That really is all that matters in my opinion. And when the decision is taken - perhaps not immediately, but I suspect not too far into the future - the end will come very quickly. I can definitely hear the sound of knives being sharpened.

Reactions: 7
Crocodile tears from Stratton - wtf did she expect? Makes me absolutely sick to my stomach what they (Tories) have done over the pandemic, and that's quite leaving aside all the austerity/cuts to services etc etc. But that Stratton woman has even enraged Mr. Weaver tonight.
She is appalling, but she’s a patsy. Johnson doesn’t give a tit about her or anyone else, unless they’re useful to him. She’s just the latest idiot he’s thrown under a bus to save his sorry arse.
The buck stops with him.
How many people could have a party going on in their own house and not bleeping know about it? And we’re supposed to take their word for it?

Has anyone else heard the allegations that Simon Case, who has been asked to investigate Schroedinger’s party was actually a guest at that selfsame party? They are taking the piss with knobs on.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
It’s all about perception and what is interesting is the way this story is sticking with the public. It’s not just a Westminster yarn that a bunch of journos have their knickers in a twist about. People are feeling it extremely personally, on a gut level it is doing damage, and trust in the government is really being eroded.

My feeling is that the tide is now turning against Boris (within the party which is where it really matters in terms of his survival) and now it’s not if he goes but when. But time will tell.

Reactions: 13
Yes, I think this time it's personal for so so many people. When you can look at a govt decision and think oh well it doesnt matter to me is one thing. But when you've sacrificed so much, been unable to be with loved ones as they die, not been able to have what may have been the last Christmas with granny or whatever - that's where politics become personal, and I think many people will find it unforgiveable.

She is appalling, but she’s a patsy
Exactly. She was clearly just the end point ofcthe whole operation, and was just the one who had to answer questions as the press whoever she was. She was just one of the whole giggling team who thought nothing of going to parties with party games and booze and calling it a 'business meeting'.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Yes, I think this time it's personal for so so many people. When you can look at a govt decision and think oh well it doesnt matter to me is one thing. But when you've sacrificed so much, been unable to be with loved ones as they die, not been able to have what may have been the last Christmas with granny or whatever - that's where politics become personal, and I think many people will find it unforgiveable.
Yes, this is exactly it - so many people on the radio today talking in quite traumatised terms about not being able to hold their mum’s hand when she died, being separated from old and ill relatives and friends, not being able to offer support and comfort when it really mattered. Clearly many people were reliving those moments in the light of watching Alexa Stratton laugh about social distancing. It was bloody heart-breaking and I’m not an emotional person.

This is where it really counts, and where politics - which often seems so removed from daily life - becomes very personal indeed.

Yes, this is exactly it - so many people on the radio today talking in quite traumatised terms about not being able to hold their mum’s hand when she died, being separated from old and ill relatives and friends, not being able to offer support and comfort when it really mattered. Clearly many people were reliving those moments in the light of watching Alexa Stratton laugh about social distancing. It was bloody heart-breaking and I’m not an emotional person.

This is where it really counts, and where politics - which often seems so removed from daily life - becomes very personal indeed.
My dad died of Covid. We could only speak to him on an ipad in icu for the last 5 weeks of his life. They were acting like the rules were there to be broken, as if covid wasn't real, but they had all played a massive joke on all of us 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
My dad died of Covid. We could only speak to him on an ipad in icu for the last 5 weeks of his life. They were acting like the rules were there to be broken, as if covid wasn't real, but they had all played a massive joke on all of us 😡
I’m so, so sorry to hear this. That must have been incredibly difficult. I lost my dad in 2019, before Covid, so I’m familiar with those last few weeks, but I simply cannot imagine the pain of not being able to be close to someone you love during this time. I truly hope you are finding your way through ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s all about perception and what is interesting is the way this story is sticking with the public. It’s not just a Westminster yarn that a bunch of journos have their knickers in a twist about. People are feeling it extremely personally, on a gut level it is doing damage, and trust in the government is really being eroded.
They're trying to paint this as 'Westminster Bubble' but the fact BoJo actually answered a question at PMQs shows that for once he's sh*ting bricks.
Now it's circulating that Carrie has been hosting a few knees-ups.
As someone forced to attend a Zoom funeral during this period I hope they all end up burning in Hell for this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Usually my Christmas consists of me, my parents, my cousin, aunt and uncle. Obviously last year because of covid we remained in our own households.

“Never mind” we all said on FaceTime “rules and rules and there’s always next year”

Except there isn’t a next year. My uncle was diagnosed with advanced stage 4 cancer, aged 56 earlier this year and passed away last month.

I wish we’d stuck two fingers up to the rules now to have that last Christmas all together.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Even that superslug Douglas Ross has criticised them, and Ruth the Mooth Davidson says that there are plenty of fuming Tory colleagues absolutely raging.

Reactions: 9
Yes Dross wasn’t giving it any flannel like he usually does. He may as well go the whole hog and support independence now 😂

On reflection, maybe this time will be different in that it’s a tipping point or an event that dramatically shifts perception. It’s very interesting to see the editorial line on most right leaning media outlets. To those of you who’ve endured dreadful loss through all this, I’m sending you a huge hug x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wonder why we’re only hearing about this now, a year later? Someone with an axe to grind somewhere has obviously decided to leak it, I wonder who it is and why? Cummings again or someone else?🤔

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.