Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was looking at pictures of the various Johnson offspring. Like peas in a pod - and not in a good way.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder if she realizes she’ll never change him? No matter how many kids she pops out.
I think she might be banking on the idea that pretty soon he’ll be too knackered to play around. Either that or she’s popped out two kids in record time to secure a huge wedge in the upcoming divorce settlement and doesn’t plan on changing him or sticking around.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I had no idea this sugar baby cum wife was even pregnant. Boris needs to be sterilised tbh.

And a settlement to be split among 7 children? Not a smart financial plan Cawwie

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had no idea this sugar baby cum wife was even pregnant. Boris needs to be sterilised tbh.

And a settlement to be split among 7 children? Not a smart financial plan Cawwie
Yuck he should have been castrated thinking about him spreading his DNA everywhere makes me heave.🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I would disagree that
If you've ever studied politics, at whatever level. The first thing you are taught (at least back in my day) is that The Left always fracture. The key to Tory party success is that they stay together. It's a simple as that. It's not complicated. The Left ALWAYS start in-fighting. As you say, it's very 'frustrating'.

Although I would consider myself Apolitical ie: A 'floater'. I do take an interest in politics. But this thread is about Boris right? Not politics. Can I just say, I find the man a disgusting, repulsive individual.
The Tories do fracture sometimes, very deeply, and have certainly spent their own time in the political wilderness (I'd argue that they could probably do with a spell of that right now as it helps them to revitalise and come up with new ideas) but yes, I agree that they are much better than Labour at speaking with one voice.

I think though that you have to consider WHY the Tories are so good at it. I read an article a while ago (unfortunately I can't remember where) that I thought summed it up beautifully: a) they are very good at getting rid of leaders, ruthlessly if necessary, when they are no longer a asset b) they are openly patriotic, like this country and talk it up rather than down and c) they are very optimistic and appear to know how to have a good time. [I do note the extreme irony of this last point in the current situation].

Labour is not good at any of these things (or at least, not good at managing their image in these areas).

I am sure that Boris' success in becoming leader and winning a big majority is because he exemplifies these values, and people have responded to that - at least they did at the last GE. Where it all goes now, who knows.

Reactions: 11
Also all the uproar about Cummings going to visit his mother and the rest of the Tories are having parties unbelievable! Theres no way in hell Boris would get another lockdown now no one would listen to him.

Reactions: 9
I would disagree that

The Tories do fracture sometimes, very deeply, and have certainly spent their own time in the political wilderness (I'd argue that they could probably do with a spell of that right now as it helps them to revitalise and come up with new ideas) but yes, I agree that they are much better than Labour at speaking with one voice.

I think though that you have to consider WHY the Tories are so good at it. I read an article a while ago (unfortunately I can't remember where) that I thought summed it up beautifully: a) they are very good at getting rid of leaders, ruthlessly if necessary, when they are no longer a asset b) they are openly patriotic, like this country and talk it up rather than down and c) they are very optimistic and appear to know how to have a good time. [I do note the extreme irony of this last point in the current situation].

Labour is not good at any of these things (or at least, not good at managing their image in these areas).

I am sure that Boris' success in becoming leader and winning a big majority is because he exemplifies these values, and people have responded to that - at least they did at the last GE. Where it all goes now, who knows.
I agree that they do fracture and that they have spend a significant time in the political wilderness. For example when Blair was PM they went through leaders like a rash. I think they ultimately though, all want a Tory government. They tend to tear themselves apart, for example, over Europe but put on a united front to the electorate because they want to win. Labour regularly engage in open warfare. They put so much energy fighting between the Hard Left and the Centrists that they barely bother being an effective opposition to the Tories, which for the best part of 100 years, has been their main job. Much of the reason for that is because they come across as so disunited.

Reactions: 7
Baby definitely should be called

Scapegoatus McCheese n Wine Johnson the whatnumberareweonnow

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was looking at pictures of the various Johnson offspring. Like peas in a pod - and not in a good way.
Today was the first time I bothered look any of them up and the pictures that are available, phew what an unfortunate looking bunch. That Theodore is the unluckiest. He's the spit of bojo.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
With regards to party divisions and unity I've heard it said that Tories hate everyone else, Labour hate each other.

As for baby names: Augustine, Sabine, Persephone, Ottilie, Cleopatra or something in that hint of Classics, vaguely Grandly European vein that posh Brits favour (and then mispronounce).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wondered about Vaccinus Nativitus Johnson or some other hokum as we know how much he likes muttering Latin words before hiding in fridges/cupboards 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.