Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's high time the Lords were abolished. We need an elected chamber. £300 in expenses a day if you grease BoJo's palm. Every day it just gets more depressing.
Absolutely! We do not need a second chamber that is so big for a start, get rid of hereditary peers elect the remainder from people who are knowledgeable and have contributed to society not just political parties and cut it to at least 1/4 of it's current size. Like so many things, its unjustifiable but still just exists.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely! We do not need a second chamber that is so big for a start, get rid of hereditary peers elect the remainder from people who are knowledgeable and have contributed to society not just political parties and cut it to at least 1/4 of it's current size. Like so many things, its unjustifiable but still just exists.
I'm sure that it was only "reformed" to cut down on the inbuilt Tory majority with the hereditary peers. Now it's simply stuffed with failed politicians and people who have bought their seats and titles by bunging the various parties a wodge of wonga. I think it's even less representative now. At least some of the hereditary peers knew what they were talking about and had worked at a proper job; I actually knew one who had been a probation officer.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure that it was only "reformed" to cut down on the inbuilt Tory majority with the hereditary peers. Now it's simply stuffed with failed politicians and people who have bought their seats and titles by bunging the various parties a wodge of wonga. I think it's even less representative now. At least some of the hereditary peers knew what they were talking about and had worked at a proper job; I actually knew one who had been a probation officer.
The mistake was getting rid of the hereditary peers and bloating it with life peers. The process of getting rid of them should have continued to get rid of all of them and then cutting the life peers down. Some of the hereditary peers may have known what they were talking about, but as with the Monarchy, its a chance. That peers son may have been a total moron but would be able to sit in the Lords and mess about with the process of lawmaking whenever he felt like it. They are also overwhelmingly male and white.

Reactions: 9
I do agree with the principal of an unelected upper house (that has no powers other than revision), which is made up of experts (Like Robert Winston, Brian Rix, Leonard Cheshire, David Ramsbotham, Lola Young, Onora O'Neill, to mention a few). The problem is that both parties made it up of their cronies, a few business people and failed politicians.

Power to appoint should be taken away from the politicians, and only nominations from the public should be considered.

Reactions: 10
I do agree with the principal of an unelected upper house (that has no powers other than revision), which is made up of experts (Like Robert Winston, Brian Rix, Leonard Cheshire, David Ramsbotham, Lola Young, Onora O'Neill, to mention a few). The problem is that both parties made it up of their cronies, a few business people and failed politicians.

Power to appoint should be taken away from the politicians, and only nominations from the public should be considered.
I totally agree. The benefit of having expert in the second chamber is valuable and would be an asset but at the moment what we have is a joke.

Reactions: 5
How I would do it is have a mostly elected second chamber, but elected for longer terms (maybe 15 years) and elected by some kind of county based list system. I'd then top that up with appointed experts, based on government departments, so you'd have so many healthcare experts, so many foreign affairs experts, etc. The terms would expire at the next election, but they could be reappointed.

Reactions: 7
In politics absolutely nothing should be for life. They can have a longish term but nothing for life. This and the honours system is just rotten to the core. Prepare for it to get much worse as well

Reactions: 16
Oh duck right off.
She didn’t feel awkward bleeping someone else’s husband, but she would have felt awkward in front of the Japanese delegation?
Absolute bullshit. Who gives a duck how she feels anyway? Fucksake. 😡
I take it you are not a fan of the new Mrs Carrie Johnson??

• Haha
If I was to get the rage when every Tory did or said something absolutely repugnant I would probably drop down dead from a stroke but this deserves a special mention:

This man was a teacher. How the hell did we get here as a country??

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Gove found guilty of handing government contracts to weirdo Dom's mates. Will there be consequences? Will he resign? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

• Angry
  • Sad
😂 Reservoir Dogs
23B98559-B00E-4C96-9031-A0CC8C2A8982.jpeg

The embarrassment 😂in his case it might be to remind him who he is after a heavy night 👃
33681ABE-5F73-4006-9CD1-6277F5BA6056.jpeg
A1410A8E-5255-412C-9E11-C6E1DF95B3EA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Well the reason for a rushed-through Catholic marriage becomes clear- so they can attend church with the Bidens. God knows (ha!) he needs to get America back on side.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Well the reason for a rushed-through Catholic marriage becomes clear- so they can attend church with the Bidens. God knows (ha!) he needs to get America back on side.
They could have gone to church, but they just cant take communion unless they had their First Holy Communion. Im not sure if you cant do it if you havent been confirmed though. He probably didn't go to confession, or he'd still be there, so still cant go to communion. I dont take Communion on the rare occasions I go to church because I havent been to confession since I was a teenager.

Reactions: 2
Superficial but the marked difference between Biden and Johnson when Biden is old enough to be his father! He looks fit and well groomed and BJ....... well, he doesn't. At all.

And FLOTUS who is a PhD and continues to teach compared to Carrie who got sacked for fiddling her expenses and now redecorates while someone else pays for it.................

Reactions: 15
Brace for a sweary rant.
Prime Minister Bellend, famous for being a racist, misogynistic, lying, adulterous piece of tit who hasn’t even got the basic human decency to acknowledge his illegitimate children and turned the children from his marriages into bastards because he had to marry his sidepiece, wants the world to be ‘more gender neutral, feminine and green’. 🤮
Has he run out of willing women? Is he intending to shag the world instead?
Fucker.

Reactions: 14
Brace for a sweary rant.
Prime Minister Bellend, famous for being a racist, misogynistic, lying, adulterous piece of tit who hasn’t even got the basic human decency to acknowledge his illegitimate children and turned the children from his marriages into bastards because he had to marry his sidepiece, wants the world to be ‘more gender neutral, feminine and green’. 🤮
Has he run out of willing women? Is he intending to shag the world instead?
Fucker.
I bet he'll still be eyeing up the stewardesses on the flight back to RAF Northolt.

The thing with Johnson is that if he keeps up this behaviour, he will end up alone unless he has paid retainers.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.