Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can go to confession and you're absolved of your sins after 10 hail Mary's and an Our Father 😂 ...of course you can get married in a church /chapel for those things but I always thought a divorcee could never marry in a catholic church ceremony unless his previous marriages were anulled ,even if they weren't catholic ceremonies .I also don't think there's a get out clause in the catholic church you may be a lapsed catholic but still counted as one if you're baptised into the faith,you're free to practice again at anytime.
Agree there is no leaving the Catholic Church unless you are excommunicated. It seems that Catholic ceremonies are the only marriages that count if you are Catholic so you can have as many marriages as you like as long as don't marry in a Catholic church. As with many things in the Catholic church, it is a complete mockery. Also, Catholics don't take any notice of them in most things. Most use contraception and live together before marriage. Also see above re confession. Always handy!

Reactions: 10
Agree there is no leaving the Catholic Church unless you are excommunicated. It seems that Catholic ceremonies are the only marriages that count if you are Catholic so you can have as many marriages as you like as long as don't marry in a Catholic church. As with many things in the Catholic church, it is a complete mockery. Also, Catholics don't take any notice of them in most things. Most use contraception and live together before marriage. Also see above re confession. Always handy!
Yeah if you're catholic and have a civil ceremony in the eyes of the church it's not a proper marriage .Pope Francis has moved a bit on the use of contraception ,especially for the poorer countries I think he's more liberal than his predecessors .

Reactions: 5
Yeah if you're catholic and have a civil ceremony in the eyes of the church it's not a proper marriage .Pope Francis has moved a bit on the use of contraception ,especially for the poorer countries I think he's more liberal than his predecessors .
I think he is far more liberal. I like him and I have his new years address stuck in my diary despite being a totally lapsed Catholic because its really beautiful. I've never engaged at all eith the other Popes.

Reactions: 7
I think he is far more liberal. I like him and I have his new years address stuck in my diary despite being a totally lapsed Catholic because its really beautiful. I've never engaged at all eith the other Popes.
I'm sure they're as human as the rest of us ...remember Pope John-Paul and his friendship with the polish woman his love of God must've won in the end :)

Reactions: 1
Any truth in the rumour that the wedding was rushed through so that Princess Nut Nut gets to host the G7 world leaders' partners next month, meet Mrs Biden etc?

She has come a long way in 10 years, and now appears to want to be some sort of FLOTUK?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Yup, that's how Queen Letizia of Spain got to have a big church wedding as her previous marriage was a civil ceremony.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Last edited:
As a failed Catholic (Catholic mother, went to a convent boarding school etc) I have never ever understood the hypocrisy of the Catholic church. By some miracle, I managed to cast off the ever present Catholic Guilt at a very early age, but so many of my Irish cousins are still bound by it. In some ways it makes them very lovely people, but it also weighs them down. I like Pope Francis though, he seems like a reasonable and gentle man.

But Boris and Carrie getting married in Westminster Cathedral with their baggage? duck off!!

Reactions: 13
I find it interesting people keep asking why she isn’t seeing Boris’ history as a giant red flag - her mother was her fathers mistress and after Carrie was born, he kept the both of them in a big expensive house while still stayed married to his first wife. She doesn’t have great martial role models and I wouldn’t be surprised if her parents encouraged her.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
That’s true ! I saw this and immediately thought of Carrie
85CE3E6E-2030-4708-A02A-F119FF655602.jpeg

Reactions: 14
I had a friend who married at Westminster Cathedral. She’d been married before. I was invited but didn’t go because I’d just had a baby and it was a no kids wedding a plane flight away. Oh yes and we’d stopped being friends about 5 years earlier 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I find it interesting people keep asking why she isn’t seeing Boris’ history as a giant red flag - her mother was her fathers mistress and after Carrie was born, he kept the both of them in a big expensive house while still stayed married to his first wife. She doesn’t have great martial role models and I wouldn’t be surprised if her parents encouraged her.
Same with her father, Matthew Symonds. His journalist mother Anne Symonds became pregnant with him five years after divorcing her husband, Richard Symonds; Matthew's father was John Beavan, Baron Ardwick, co-founder of The Independent. Anne's own father was rumoured to be Asquith, the PM, who supported her mother financially rather than her mother's husband who died in WW1 when Anne was a baby.

With a family like that, marriage is probably just a means of tying herself thoroughly into the political elite, being able to network internationally, and being able to get money out of Boris for at least the next 18 years.

Reactions: 8
Same with her father, Matthew Symonds. His journalist mother Anne Symonds became pregnant with him five years after divorcing her husband, Richard Symonds; Matthew's father was John Beavan, Baron Ardwick, co-founder of The Independent. Anne's own father was rumoured to be Asquith, the PM, who supported her mother financially rather than her mother's husband who died in WW1 when Anne was a baby.

With a family like that, marriage is probably just a means of tying herself thoroughly into the political elite, being able to network internationally, and being able to get money out of Boris for at least the next 18 years.
Mummy taught her well then ;)

————————————
Tory sleaze! Never!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Mummy taught her well then ;)

————————————
Tory sleaze! Never!!
It's high time the Lords were abolished. We need an elected chamber. £300 in expenses a day if you grease BoJo's palm. Every day it just gets more depressing.

Reactions: 16
It's high time the Lords were abolished. We need an elected chamber. £300 in expenses a day if you grease BoJo's palm. Every day it just gets more depressing.
Definitely ! when you look at some of the pompous asses sitting there ( sleeping ) Ken Maginnis to name but one ,I'm surprised he parted with anything he shouldn't be allowed back he's been a prick his entire career .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.