Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BoJo didn’t do the UK any favors.
The UK lost a lot of respect over the last few years and the shambolic handling of the pandemic and the fruitless fish discussions only enhanced this.

I am still laughing that he asked Merkel to negotiate with him individually - about a matter related to the EU. The fool
Would have sure loved to see Merkel wipe the floor with the twunt though!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes! This! Blair was a liar and Brown an egocentric muppet.
Not a fan of either but at the very least they both understood the seriousness and gravity of their position and were dedicated to it. I also personally believe that however misguided, they both felt that they were doing the best for the country they led. I also believe they worked around the clock and read the small print - we know that Johnson does neither. What I will say though is that Johnson is truly the leader this country deserves. We have a very long, hard road out of this pandemic and then we have to come to terms with the crisis he himself caused. The next 10-15 years are going to be pretty grim in this country - and I put the blame on Johnson for that.

it sure would have been funny!

what do you think the UK will look like after Brexit?
Have you ever seen the film The Road????

Reactions: 6
Not a fan of either but at the very least they both understood the seriousness and gravity of their position and were dedicated to it. I also personally believe that however misguided, they both felt that they were doing the best for the country they led. I also believe they worked around the clock and read the small print - we know that Johnson does neither. What I will say though is that Johnson is truly the leader this country deserves. We have a very long, hard road out of this pandemic and then we have to come to terms with the crisis he himself caused. The next 10-15 years are going to be pretty grim in this country - and I put the blame on Johnson for that.

Have you ever seen the film The Road????
No! What is it about?

No! What is it about?
Haha - an apocolpytic (sp?) film. We've gotten a rushed, bad deal for the country. We will never be in the position we were in the 90s ever again. Scotland will go, Ireland will reunite and Wales may decide to leave as well, the union is definitely finished. I do not trust anyone in this government to be even remotely competent let alone usher in a 'golden era'. The first majory test for the government was the pandemic crisis and look how that has been handled............ we have several more years of this ahead. Genuinely terrifying. What goes without saying - the gap between the haves and have nots will keep widening and bring about all the lovely by products of that.

I think people look back with rose tinted glasses for Blair and brown. I have zero confidence it would be any better if they were around. Lots of the problems of today were planted during their premiership.
Tories love this excuse, 'the problems now started from Labour!!' Your lot have been in power for a decade and have done nothing to 'reverse' the problems that Labour allegedly caused.

Reactions: 10
I really don't understand the UK.

They could still be a great and positively influential country.

Instead Johnson and Tory party has sold them out to dry.

I don't blame the public as much though. Labour are still not a great alternative.

It is sad that Thatcher put such an importance on individualism, but now a lot of the country is surviving based on how strong and helpful the community is.

Individualism is fine when individuals are given the tools and power to prosper...that is not the case (if it ever was)

Please do better UK
Not all of the UK was behind him. Two of the constituent nations voted Remain and all three other than England have alternative parties to Labour and Tories. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Welsh Labour start to lose out to Plaid Cymru on a larger basis, just as the Scottish Labour vote fell through the floor from a party that weighed its votes rather than counted them.

Incidentally, Alex Salmond (whatever you might think of him personally) wanted a clause to ensure that Brexit would only happen if all four nations voted for it but was told that there was no need as it was "only advisory"; lo and behold, it suddenly became binding, and Scotland and Northern Ireland were told to do one.

Bawjaws has no credibility at all and is a total embarrassment on the world stage, a Trump mini-me.

Reactions: 4
I also think Plaid will start to gain more gains in Wales. I live in North Wales, and obviously we are geographically very close to the North West of England and people from Merseyside and Manchester have always visited and holidayed here. Many of them own caravans in Rhyl, Prestatyn, Towyn, Abergele etc (Though god knows why anyone would want to). Right at the start of the pandemic before total lockdown, the Welsh government were clear that people shouldn’t be travelling over the border to holiday here, and people were also asked not to come to Snowdonia. The attitude in response on social media from a large number of people in England was absolutely disgraceful. Entitled, rude, obnoxious, jingoistic and xenophobic . They couldnt quite grasp that we are a nation in our own right with our own government who were asking people to stay away, because at that moment in time we had far fewer cases than they did. I know a lot of us thought if that’s how you really feel why bother coming here in the first place?

I think that it’s revealed a really nasty and unpleasant attitude towards the other home nations from many Little Englander types, and yes, I know not everyone is like that. But it’s far more prevalent than any of us realised.

Reactions: 10
I also think Plaid will start to gain more gains in Wales. I live in North Wales, and obviously we are geographically very close to the North West of England and people from Merseyside and Manchester have always visited and holidayed here. Many of them own caravans in Rhyl, Prestatyn, Towyn, Abergele etc (Though god knows why anyone would want to). Right at the start of the pandemic before total lockdown, the Welsh government were clear that people shouldn’t be travelling over the border to holiday here, and people were also asked not to come to Snowdonia. The attitude in response on social media from a large number of people in England was absolutely disgraceful. Entitled, rude, obnoxious, jingoistic and xenophobic . They couldnt quite grasp that we are a nation in our own right with our own government who were asking people to stay away, because at that moment in time we had far fewer cases than they did. I know a lot of us thought if that’s how you really feel why bother coming here in the first place?

I think that it’s revealed a really nasty and unpleasant attitude towards the other home nations from many Little Englander types, and yes, I know not everyone is like that. But it’s far more prevalent than any of us realised.
I would love London to secede as well. I'm sick of these Little Englanders and horrified I have to share a country with them. Unfortunately it looks like this country is divided for good. It's sad because I genuinely hate the thought of leaving London, it's my home but I also don't want to be in this country anymore. That Barbados visa is looking very tempting!

I’m Welsh, but don’t speak it. My problem with Plaid Cumru is that they treat non Welsh speakers as second class citizens. I would never vote for them for that reason. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Reactions: 1
I don’t speak Welsh either and live in mainly English speaking town, but that’s not my experience or Plaid. We have a Plaid local councilor near here and she’s fantastic and does so much for the deprived area she serves. She would make a really good MP.

Reactions: 7
I’m Welsh, but don’t speak it. My problem with Plaid Cumru is that they treat non Welsh speakers as second class citizens. I would never vote for them for that reason. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Leanne Wood. didn't speak Welsh and she led Plaid!

Reactions: 1
Sunak and that ERG twit Steve Baker are bragging about doing away with the tampon tax despite voting for keeping it. Is there anything more low than a Tory?

Sunak and that ERG twit Steve Baker are bragging about doing away with the tampon tax despite voting for keeping it. Is there anything more low than a Tory?
I welcome that the tampon tax has gone, but you notice the tories have gone quiet about whether or not the money they used to raise from it will still be going direct to schools to fund sanitary products for young girls. What's the betting that will be forgotten about......

Have you looked at YesCymru? A movement for Welsh independence from Westminster. Not anti anyone at all just pro independence

Leanne Wood. didn't speak Welsh and she led Plaid!
Liz Saville Roberts. Plaid MP. Born in London but moved to uni in Wales, now a fluent Welsh speaker and MP

Reactions: 2
Have you looked at YesCymru? A movement for Welsh independence from Westminster. Not anti anyone at all just pro independence

Liz Saville Roberts. Plaid MP. Born in London but moved to uni in Wales, now a fluent Welsh speaker and MP
Liz Saville Roberts is praised highly by her English and Welsh constituents.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.