Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Funny how they won't even say if he drove or cycled to Stratford. I'm gonna go with he was driven there. So bizarre, it's not even like the Olympic park has amazing cycling routes, although probably is far better than anything in West London (I guess Richmond would be even further). But when you live next to Hyde park 😵

Reactions: 3
I like Sir Keir. He might not be most charismatic of people, but he obviously has very strong principles and is a decent person. Which is far more than can be said for Boris.

Reactions: 10
I like Sir Keir. He might not be most charismatic of people, but he obviously has very strong principles and is a decent person. Which is far more than can be said for Boris.
He's been hopeless as opposition leader when it's pretty much been a wide open goal this past year. The problem is, as you have pointed out, he has no charisma and unfortunately that is probably what most people vote for in the end. Don't get me wrong, he would be a safe pair of hands right now and I'd take him as leader any day.

Reactions: 7
He's been hopeless as opposition leader when it's pretty much been a wide open goal this past year. The problem is, as you have pointed out, he has no charisma and unfortunately that is probably what most people vote for in the end. Don't get me wrong, he would be a safe pair of hands right now and I'd take him as leader any day.
I like to think he is biding his time and building up a failure dossier for later use closer to the election. However, he has been a bit wet - you just want him to react a bit to Johnson's BS sometimes. If Ed Millband can find and use his teeth at PMQs then it surely can't be too hard?

The Conservatives make me sick though. Refusing to debate, handing wads of our hard earned cash to their mates just because Hugo once organised Jeremy's stag do, so can probaly knock up some PPE, yah? 🤬

Reactions: 9
It's not a wide open goal when the Tories' media mates aid and abet the government and don't hold them to account. It wouldn't matter who the Labour leader is. This country is beyond fucked as a consequence.

Reactions: 11
I think Carrie will be Boris’ downfall. The decorating saga is really bad.

I don’t understand how she can be so tone deaf after holding Director of Communications roles in a number of organisations.

I also have always thought since way back when she dated Harry Cole, now The Sun’s Political Editor, that she is addicted to drama and attention.

Also find it fascinating from a psychological perspective that she, the product of an affair herself, has found love and happiness with Boris - serial affair-haver.

Reactions: 12
I think Carrie will be Boris’ downfall. The decorating saga is really bad.

I don’t understand how she can be so tone deaf after holding Director of Communications roles in a number of organisations.

I also have always thought since way back when she dated Harry Cole, now The Sun’s Political Editor, that she is addicted to drama and attention.

Also find it fascinating from a psychological perspective that she, the product of an affair herself, has found love and happiness with Boris - serial affair-haver.
I’m inclined to agree. Her work history isn’t great. She used to work for Savid Javid until that didn’t work out, and I’m fairly sure managed out of HQ for generally being bit poor and her expense record was staggering, at one point wasn’t she caught for taking work Taxis to private events according to the media.

I feel that this decor story still has a bit of mileage yet, particularly with nurse gate. Bet BJ will skip on the Monday afternoon breifing, he always does when things are going a bit wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm hoping Starmer is playing the long game and letting them all hang themselves. He is a lawyer after all.

Reactions: 5
I'm hoping Starmer is playing the long game and letting them all hang themselves. He is a lawyer after all.
I'm hoping there is a strategy there but I'm very nervous that there isn't one. He is going after the Labour membership with a hammer so I know he's got it in him. He's been harsher on Jeremy Corbyn than he has Boris Johnson and that's the truth.

Reactions: 7
I'm hoping there is a strategy there but I'm very nervous that there isn't one. He is going after the Labour membership with a hammer so I know he's got it in him. He's been harsher on Jeremy Corbyn than he has Boris Johnson and that's the truth.
I was so hopeful when Starmer started that we would have a decent opposition but he's not wowing me. The government have fucked up everything yet are still doing relatively well in the polls. It's been handed to Starmer on a plate but he's not taking advantage of it at all.

Reactions: 11
I was so hopeful when Starmer started that we would have a decent opposition but he's not wowing me. The government have fucked up everything yet are still doing relatively well in the polls. It's been handed to Starmer on a plate but he's not taking advantage of it at all.
It's pretty grim. But you have to ask yourself what the hell is going on with the general population of this country that the Cons are still riding high after the last year? What will it take to open people's eyes? Because the worst death rate in the world and an utterly destroyed economy hasn't done it. I despair.

Reactions: 5
It's pretty grim. But you have to ask yourself what the hell is going on with the general population of this country that the Cons are still riding high after the last year? What will it take to open people's eyes? Because the worst death rate in the world and an utterly destroyed economy hasn't done it. I despair.
I don't understand why anyone would vote Tory tbh after their whole current run but yet here we are.

Actually I do, it was called brexit.

Reactions: 8
Same here he is a disappointment its almost like he is backing the Tories by not presenting a credible opposition. Waste of space.....

i don't really have much hope tbh. starmer's been pretty good at the PMQs, but most people don't watch the PMQs.

other than that, what is he doing? I keep pretty up to date with the politics of this country and literally can't think of a single thing Starmer is fighting for or against lol. absolutely crazy how weak the opposition is when there's SO MUCH to criticise the current government on!

the lack of charisma also doesn't help him. as much as I dislike Boris Johnson and almost everything he stands for, he does have some charm and is also pretty polarising- almost everyone has an opinion on him and he elicits both great love and absolute hatred from people.

on the other hand, Starmer is like the indistinct, boring muted grey or beige you'd paint your spare bedroom's walls with because it's a fairly standard, inoffensive colour and because it's on special offer at Homebase

i don't really have much hope tbh. starmer's been pretty good at the PMQs, but most people don't watch the PMQs.

other than that, what is he doing? I keep pretty up to date with the politics of this country and literally can't think of a single thing Starmer is fighting for or against lol. absolutely crazy how weak the opposition is when there's SO MUCH to criticise the current government on!

the lack of charisma also doesn't help him. as much as I dislike Boris Johnson and almost everything he stands for, he does have some charm and is also pretty polarising- almost everyone has an opinion on him and he elicits both great love and absolute hatred from people.

on the other hand, Starmer is like the indistinct, boring muted grey or beige you'd paint your spare bedroom's walls with because it's a fairly standard, inoffensive colour and because it's on special offer at Homebase
The Tories just don't have an opposition. I am disappointed in Starmer he is pretty much waste of space. There is so much he could oppose and fight against bit he doesn't do anything.

The Tories just don't have an opposition. I am disappointed in Starmer he is pretty much waste of space. There is so much he could oppose and fight against bit he doesn't do anything.
The difficulty is that at the moment the country want the policies adopted by Johnson. They want us to be nasty to foreigners, they want us to stuff the EU, they want asylum seekers to be left at sea or sent to Turkey or whatever country Patel sends them to, irritate the scots so they vote SNP stopping Labour gaining any ground there, etc. A minority or us know that that this English Nationalism is stupid, but it's what the country voted for, and the majority of the media is whipping it up.

There is few ways this will change. Perhaps through generational change, economic trouble, or unlikely I think, that people will suddenly realise that this isn't 1950, and we have to work with other countries.

Reactions: 9

Yes, he's good at PMQs because he's thorough and knows his stuff. As we know, that does not win elections.

With BJ at the helm and their massive majority, they can do whatever the hell they like and history tells us that rabid nationalism (which they are pushing) leads to all sorts of disaster. I wake up anxious every day about the direction this country is going in. The bill they are going to push through is terrifying.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.