Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I'm biased because I don't vote the tories but I cannot think of one that I would want to lead the country. Especially at this time
None of the cabinet I could possibly vote for. The problem now for the tories is if brexit goes wrong (and it will) Johnson kicked out anyone with an iota of common sense who was opposed to it. When there was a parliamentary revolt against the poll tax, Thatcher did not kick people out of the parliamentary party, as she knew it could cause even more damage, even though it was one of the reasons that led to her demise. This time, no one can claim that their hands were clean, there is no Heseltine, or Anthony Mayer around as the party conscience.

Reactions: 10
Speculation that Joe Biden said something to Boris in their call, hence the screeching U-Turn against the hard Brexiteers... would make sense.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
They were banking on a Trump win weren’t they? It was very telling when Biden was announced winner that Boris was over an hour late congratulating him, this was well after Keir Starmer, Nicola Sturgeon, Mark Drakeford and every other world leader. Then when it finally did appear it was half arsed, insincere and quite frankly bleeping embarrassing. I can only imagine what was going on inside Number 10 as they all collectively tit themselves wonder what they were going to do next.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Is that how things work at that high a level ? I thought that's what the boardroom and entourage of advisors were for ?(working out finances)... there's so much to make of the whole thing tbh. Boris's relationship with Carrie comes across a really fickle from the outside I think he'd get rid of her quicker than Cummings ,she must hold a lot of dirt on all of them ,you have to ask yourself are we seeing what they want us to see (remember Cummings is a spin doc) why did he leave by the front door like that and not quietly sneak out the back entrance like so many before him ,would their relationship crumble after a couple of days of bickering when Boris fought so hard to keep him earlier in the year ? or has Cummings decided he'll take the hit for all of Boris's blunders throughout the year as he was apparently leaving anyway and turn the country back in Boris's favour , and distract from the "no deal" backtracking now that Biden will run the show and is totally against that idea...or on the other hand was he out to secretly ruin Boris and was the cause of the mess throughout the year, a missed call there a lost document ,small things that slipped under the radar but had a big impact on the running of the country during the pandemic...either way it's making for a good distraction from all the shits that happened in this " lost year".

Reactions: 2
Boris's relationship with Carrie comes across a really fickle from the outside I think he'd get rid of her quicker than Cummings
I don’t think he’d do this whilst in office. The optics of dumping another woman and a new baby would not be good.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think he’d do this whilst in office. The optics of dumping another woman and a new baby would not be good.
What I mean is there'd be more chance him dumping Carrie than dumping Cummings (in general)I'd say the whole engagement is down to keeping the senior Tories sweet and the whole Tory image intact nothing else ,they've got a very rocky relationship .

Reactions: 5
'As long as Ms Symonds is in Downing Street, she will have Mr Johnson’s ear. '
Intresting sentence in the Times editoral about Cumming's leaving.

Reactions: 6
Is that how things work at that high a level ? I thought that's what the boardroom and entourage of advisors were for ?(working out finances)... there's so much to make of the whole thing tbh. Boris's relationship with Carrie comes across a really fickle from the outside I think he'd get rid of her quicker than Cummings ,she must hold a lot of dirt on all of them ,you have to ask yourself are we seeing what they want us to see (remember Cummings is a spin doc) why did he leave by the front door like that and not quietly sneak out the back entrance like so many before him ,would their relationship crumble after a couple of days of bickering when Boris fought so hard to keep him earlier in the year ? or has Cummings decided he'll take the hit for all of Boris's blunders throughout the year as he was apparently leaving anyway and turn the country back in Boris's favour , and distract from the "no deal" backtracking now that Biden will run the show and is totally against that idea...or on the other hand was he out to secretly ruin Boris and was the cause of the mess throughout the year, a missed call there a lost document ,small things that slipped under the radar but had a big impact on the running of the country during the pandemic...either way it's making for a good distraction from all the shits that happened in this " lost year".
I was thinking exactly the same. Alistair Campbell was talking earlier about all the various different ways to get in and out of No.10. There are ways you can leave the building very discreetly. It was entirely staged and deliberate for Cummings to be seen with a great giant bloody box doing his best Peggy from Mad Men impression. God knows what it all means but the visuals had been well thought through.

Reactions: 16
I was thinking exactly the same. Alistair Campbell was talking earlier about all the various different ways to get in and out of No.10. There are ways you can leave the building very discreetly. It was entirely staged and deliberate for Cummings to be seen with a great giant bloody box doing his best Peggy from Mad Men impression. God knows what it all means but the visuals had been well thought through.
Yeah exactly what I thought a very odd thing for him to do 👀 and somewhat staged in places 🤷

Reactions: 6
Bit too subtle for us plebs. Should have got Uncle Phil to do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Totally speechless. This is the prick that didn't take any virus warnings seriously, caught Covid, ended up in ICU and now during a second NATIONAL LOCKDOWN has not social distanced or worn a mask when in meetings. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?!? He can't even do the absolute bare minimum. You know, I hated Thatcher with every fibre of my being and did not agree with anything she did but I can honestly say the woman was 100% dedicated to her job and put in the work. This buffoon just pissed around without a care in the world. What a slap in the face to the NHS workers that saved his life.

Oh and it's just six weeks til Brexit.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This self isolating even though he’s had Covid already is making me think he didn’t have it first time round.

Someone either here or on another forum said he was in intensive care following an alcoholic seizure. This explains why he wasn’t ventilated.

Anyone can say they have anything to the press. Medics aren’t at liberty to speak out if they’re lying.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.