Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Johnson and Gove are so vile, it's making me miss ol' Hameron. I couldn't agree with any of his policies but he was a capable politician.
HEAR HEAR! Loathed Cameron at the time but looking back it was a golden age of capability. Johnson has clearly spent his whole life getting by on his boyish charm and suddenly in his mid 50s and with a real job to do his charms are failing him. The man is a disgrace and is sullying the name of the Tory party for the decent politicians. I’m no Conservative and I would rather eat glass than vote for them but even I can concede that there are good, decent, hardworking MPs on that side of the house.... Boris and his ilk are making a joke of those politicians. Thank God Ken Clarke is gone now; his disappointed face every time Boris did something new to let himself down was heartbreaking.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
HEAR HEAR! Loathed Cameron at the time but looking back it was a golden age of capability. Johnson has clearly spent his whole life getting by on his boyish charm and suddenly in his mid 50s and with a real job to do his charms are failing him. The man is a disgrace and is sullying the name of the Tory party for the decent politicians. I’m no Conservative and I would rather eat glass than vote for them but even I can concede that there are good, decent, hardworking MPs on that side of the house.... Boris and his ilk are making a joke of those politicians. Thank God Ken Clarke is gone now; his disappointed face every time Boris did something new to let himself down was heartbreaking.
See, this is what I don't understand. I concede, there may be some hardworking Tory MPs. They might be nice people. They probably love their families very much. But they literally vote for policies that leave children homeless and reliant on charity to eat. I can't square those two things up. While we've been speculating that there's mutiny on the backbenches, the very same plotters are voting to keep people in poverty, to torture people abroad, to break international law. The Tory Party doesn't need it's name sullying - it is sullied by its very existence. In the words of Nye Bevan, lower than vermin.

Reactions: 26
Er, see one of the comments left on the Mail website re a Boris article
91448F1C-F5D8-4CD9-BC3B-627E6C0CADBE.png

• Wow
Reactions: 11
See, this is what I don't understand. I concede, there may be some hardworking Tory MPs. They might be nice people. They probably love their families very much. But they literally vote for policies that leave children homeless and reliant on charity to eat. I can't square those two things up. While we've been speculating that there's mutiny on the backbenches, the very same plotters are voting to keep people in poverty, to torture people abroad, to break international law. The Tory Party doesn't need it's name sullying - it is sullied by its very existence. In the words of Nye Bevan, lower than vermin.
They're not nice people because of the policies that the Tories have.

They're a bunch of bleeping psychopaths.

Reactions: 11
He chucked his partner down the stairs?! WTAF??!!!!

Was this Carrie or someone else?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I know! Haven’t got a clue obvs who it is. Carrie or his ex-wife?
Or any one of his countless former mistresses?!

But regardless of who it is, if it’s true then that is beyond appalling and he should be removed from office with immediate effect.

Reactions: 12

But regardless of who it is, if it’s true then that is beyond appalling and he should be removed from office with immediate effect.
His apologists will still find an excuse for it.

Reactions: 5

Agree. So much seems to be ‘covered up’ re BJ. He’s a liability.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Agree. So much seems to be ‘covered up’ re BJ. He’s a liability.
The thing is, so much of it isnt covered up- the affairs, the children, the abortions, the incompetence, yet people will still say ' oh hes so funny and clever' He won a landslide even though all these things were common knowledge. Hopefully by the next election we will have a viable opposition and the whole Brexit debacle will have revealed itself, good and bad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The thing is, so much of it isnt covered up- the affairs, the children, the abortions, the incompetence, yet people will still say ' oh hes so funny and clever' He won a landslide even though all these things were common knowledge. Hopefully by the next election we will have a viable opposition and the whole Brexit debacle will have revealed itself, good and bad.
Look at Trump too though. He had charges against him for the rape of a 13 year old when he got elected. This was not covered up in any way and a HUGE proportion of women voted for him.

Sorry, I say women voted for him. Its vile that anyone would vote for him but somehow for a woman to vote for a man who is abusive to women feels slightly more heinous to me. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, I don't mean it to.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Well seeing as Labour are now ahead in the polls the end must be nigh for Johnson?
I think you'd expect opposition to be way ahead with everything going on. 2024 is a long time away. BJ has wanted this job all of his life so now's the time to knuckle down and then bow out in 3 years ready for a replacement. If he's going to continue as he has then he might as well disappear off now.

Reactions: 3
Boris is a character he plays. The ruffled hair, the untied shoelace, the pigeon toes, the catchphrases he likes to spout. He has no gravitas, morals. Just wanted to be PM in name with people behind the scenes doing the work, which is why Cummings is there, and will be there until BJ goes, and with a knighthood. He is a turncoat who changed his opinions on BREXIT as he saw it as a way of getting to be PM. Teresa May was not great, but she had integrity, and was the recipient of hefty amounts of sexism from within the Tory ranks. I bet she has allowed herself a few evil chuckles at the pickle he finds himself in.

I doubt very much whether Al wants to be PM any more, he will surely go down in history as a complete blunderer. Even those die hard BJ fans must see the real BJ now for what he is - an ambitious, entitled lazy chancer who just wants to get laid but get wheeled out for soundbites, no effort, all glory. Except his timing is all wrong, there is no space for anybody like that now. I am ashamed that he is our PM. He has cheapened the role, just like Trump has in US.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.