Books #7 reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m reading The Heights by Louise Candlish and I’m enjoying it.

I am finally being approved for books on Netgalley after a few rejections. Really enjoying it. Just reviewed new books by Tony Parsons and Shalini Borland.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m reading The Heights by Louise Candlish and I’m enjoying it.

I am finally being approved for books on Netgalley after a few rejections. Really enjoying it. Just reviewed new books by Tony Parsons and Shalini Borland.
The Heights will be available for me from the library app in a few days and I’m looking forward to starting it.

Going to choose a new book to read later and need to make it a good one 🌎📚🥰

Reactions: 2
Started The Last Act of Adam Campbell and so far enjoying it.
Somebody on here recommended it and I would’ve never read it otherwise

Reactions: 1
I’ve been on a bit of a kindle book buying binge as I’m going on holiday soon. I went for:

The Golden Couple - Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
The Woods - Amanda McKinney
My Best Friends Exorcism - Grady Hendrix
Her Every Fear - Peter Swanson
Black Cake - Charmaine Wilkerson
Galatea - Madeline Miller
The Long Weekend - Gilly Macmillan
The Twins - L V Matthews
This Might Hurt - Stephanie Wrobel
The Club - Ellery Lloyd

Buying books is 100% a separate hobby to reading books 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi book friends,

I haven't been on here much as i've been in a bit of a reading slump but this months Kindle deals are fab!
Found three books i'm very excited to read so hopefully i'll be getting round to them soon.

Reactions: 8
Im in a bit of a slump too. I started A Little Life last Friday and have read only 10% of it. Not got far into Detransition Baby either.

Im back in the office one day per week now and I feel like I spend all of the night before preparing for it, then the next night after being in the office Im absolutely wiped out exhausted.

I bought The Spanish Love Deception when it was 99p the other day. Hoping thatl be a quick easy read for me.

Reactions: 5
Started watching Pieces of Her and now I wish I had, had time to read the book. 12 minutes in and it is SO GOOD!

Reactions: 2
Im in a bit of a slump too. I started A Little Life last Friday and have read only 10% of it. Not got far into Detransition Baby either.

Im back in the office one day per week now and I feel like I spend all of the night before preparing for it, then the next night after being in the office Im absolutely wiped out exhausted.

I bought The Spanish Love Deception when it was 99p the other day. Hoping thatl be a quick easy read for me.
I gave up with The Spanish Love Deception after a few chapters I just couldn’t get into it! Going to try again after I finish my current book and the book club book, hopefully I will get into it!

I gave up with The Spanish Love Deception after a few chapters I just couldn’t get into it! Going to try again after I finish my current book and the book club book, hopefully I will get into it!
Oh noooo I was pinning my hopes on it. Ive got another coho book and I bought 'the switch' by Beth O Leary yesterday so I'm hoping one of them does the trick. I did actually manage an hour before bed of A Little Life.

Reactions: 3
Oh noooo I was pinning my hopes on it. Ive got another coho book and I bought 'the switch' by Beth O Leary yesterday so I'm hoping one of them does the trick. I did actually manage an hour before bed of A Little Life.
What CoHo book did you buy? I’ve recently finished The Switch on audio, it was okay but I preferred The Flat Share.

I feel like March has gotten off to a slow start for me. Going to try and read for an hour now though. Currently reading The Mother in Law by Sally Hepworth.

Oh and returned two library books today and wasn’t supposed to be getting any more but accidentally brought two home with me and I didn’t even follow my rule of only getting them if at least one is on my TBR list. Oop.

Can anyone recommend any good British booktubers? I currently watch Jack Edwards and like his recommendations. Most I find are mostly into YA and fantasy which just isn’t me.

I only started getting back into reading recently and would welcome any good suggestions of books to read. I want to become a bit more well rounded and cultured and I think heading back into reading will definitely help with this 😊 Any suggestions welcome!

I have just finished reading Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. I found it very compelling to read, and I was hooked until the very end. I gasped out loud at times, and there was one chapter so graphic that it really got under my skin, and has stuck in my mind, like a particularly graphic scene from The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

I'm planning to read The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall next.

Reactions: 4
What CoHo book did you buy? I’ve recently finished The Switch on audio, it was okay but I preferred The Flat Share.

I feel like March has gotten off to a slow start for me. Going to try and read for an hour now though. Currently reading The Mother in Law by Sally Hepworth.

Oh and returned two library books today and wasn’t supposed to be getting any more but accidentally brought two home with me and I didn’t even follow my rule of only getting them if at least one is on my TBR list. Oop.
I have Regretting You and bought 'Hopeless' this morning.

March has been really slow for me, by the 5th of Feb Id finished 2 books. I might just start something new tomorrow and come back to A Little Life.

I used to listen to a lot of audio books when walking the dog but now I have the puppy I need all my senses about me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.