Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've finished The Glass Hotel by Emily St. John Mandel. That's my 3 library books in 1 1/2 weeks. I'll pop to the library tomorrow and find my next reads. I wanted to read the "You" books. Reserved book 2 by accident 😂 I've released that hold and going to try to get hold of book 1 "you".

Reactions: 3
I started Exciting Times last night - took it to the hairdressers to try and read (instead the trainee tried to flirt with me 🙄), I'm just not loving it? I think it's the style - disappointed as I am also a TEFL teacher abroad with romantic problems 😂
I really did not like Exciting Times. I struggled through and made myself read it all

Reactions: 2
I really need to start a new book as soon as I finish one.

I finished Will Dean The Last Thing To Burn on Sunday and havent picked anything up yet. I find it so hard to start a new.

Reactions: 1
I started Exciting Times last night - took it to the hairdressers to try and read (instead the trainee tried to flirt with me 🙄), I'm just not loving it? I think it's the style - disappointed as I am also a TEFL teacher abroad with romantic problems 😂
That's one of my worst books of the year, I got so angry reading it that nothing was happening.

Reactions: 4
Reading ask me again, yes.

i usually love a story through out the decades kind of book but this one seems to jump ahead and then spend ages going over what happened in the past..

Anyone else read it?

That's one of my worst books of the year, I got so angry reading it that nothing was happening.
I am so glad I have not picked it up! I was tempted as I do like some angry/depressed millennial women literary fiction (It's an expanding genre 😂 ).

Finished Rock Paper Scissors last night, what a pointless book. Such a disappointment.

Also finished Last Night at Chateau Marmont, I’ve read it before but completely forgot the story (it’s been ten years!) I really enjoyed it! Didn’t even realise I had it downloaded.

My morning trip to the library was successful. Picked up 7 books. 6 for me and 1 for OH. I've finished the first one - Convenience store woman. It was a quick read (163 pages) and was really good. I've had it on my wish list for over 2 years so really glad I picked it up.
I've done a quick look at the prices of the 14 books I've got from the library the last few weeks. If I purchased kindle it would've cost £72. Paperback would've been £102. That is a crazy amount saved!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My morning trip to the library was successful. Picked up 7 books. 6 for me and 1 for OH. I've finished the first one - Convenience store woman. It was a quick read (163 pages) and was really good. I've had it on my wish list for over 2 years so really glad I picked it up.
I've done a quick look at the prices of the 14 books I've got from the library the last few weeks. If I purchased kindle it would've cost £72. Paperback would've been £102. That is a crazy amount saved!
Id be lost without the library now!!!!

Reactions: 10
Id be lost without the library now!!!!
I can only say again how much I love it when you talk about using libraries. They are under constant threat in England and their funding decreases every year. This year senior managers questioned if we actually needed a book fund to buy new books or could we source them “elsewhere “! Every time you use your library service you support it, thank you on behalf of library staff!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Been so busy with work lately that I completely lack the energy to read at night 😅 I'm 1/3 done with the song of achilles though and I absolutely love it so far!!

Reactions: 4
I can only say again how much I love it when you talk about using libraries. They are under constant threat in England and their funding decreases every year. This year senior managers questioned if we actually needed a book fund to buy new books or could we source them “elsewhere “! Every time you use your library service you support it, thank you on behalf of library staff!
Aw this makes my heart happy! i talk about the library none stop now 😂 I even have my neighbour using it again, she’s in her late 70’s and learned how to use the app and now goes back to the actual library every week, I hate that it took lockdown for me to really appreciate it again! I’m honestly the biggest fan at the moment, it’s like a sweet shop to me. 😍
Btw, furry purry bean cat saved a library from closure, the kids were reading this from the library app 😂

1FE10C81-05B5-4C8D-8B06-840B3708912D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Aw this makes my heart happy! i talk about the library none stop now 😂 I even have my neighbour using it again, she’s in her late 70’s and learned how to use the app and now goes back to the actual library every week, I hate that it took lockdown for me to really appreciate it again! I’m honestly the biggest fan at the moment, it’s like a sweet shop to me. 😍
Same! I had a card that I opened at the beginning of 2020 and all summer I was just getting books from my library!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Finally finished Exciting Times this morning - I literally threw it across the room, my boyfriend was rather concerned :ROFLMAO: So glad it's done - I have so many books to read (and so many that I've started to finish!). Currently reading Atlas of AI and Quiet: The Power of Introverts, but will pick up another fiction book once I've stopped being angry at Exciting Times!

• Haha
Finally finished Exciting Times this morning - I literally threw it across the room, my boyfriend was rather concerned :ROFLMAO: So glad it's done - I have so many books to read (and so many that I've started to finish!). Currently reading Atlas of AI and Quiet: The Power of Introverts, but will pick up another fiction book once I've stopped being angry at Exciting Times!
I feel so validated that other people hated this book too. Did you really enjoy the bit where
They have a whole conversation where she says she's moving out, he says ok, she gets angry at him, says she's not moving out and he just goes ok

• Haha
I feel so validated that other people hated this book too. Did you really enjoy the bit where
They have a whole conversation where she says she's moving out, he says ok, she gets angry at him, says she's not moving out and he just goes ok
The whole relationship was just like ??

Did I miss the point of the book? I just didn't GET their relationship

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.