Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nbt

VIP Member
Prima Facie… 5 stars easily. Jodie Comer is just incredible.

I feel so incredibly sad. There is so much more that can be said but I feel like I need to take it all in.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

daisynoon

Chatty Member
Haha YES! I keep googling too.

How was The Sea, The Sea? It's been on my TBR for ages but I never choose it. Seems a bit marmite.

The cover of Sunbringer is so pretty. :love:
I really enjoyed it, but the protagonist is both unlikeable and unreliable. Some of it felt like a bit of a slog, and some of it is farcical (presumably a nod to the protagonist's theatre background), overall I thought it was worth it! Part of the reason I finished it was because I borrowed it from the library and I do well with deadlines.

(This reminds me that I read a review of it on goodreads and gave it a thumbs up. I woke up the next day to find the reviewer had gone through my ratings and liked some of them, which I found vaguely mortifying because his review was well-thought through, and my goodreads tracks what I've read without comment. Sorry, fellow reviewer, no sign of intelligent life to be found on my goodreads profile)

• Haha

cill2019

VIP Member
Currently reading Saving Noah and I think I’ve spoiled it for my self. I stupidly read a comment on TikTok (on a no spoilers video) and I think I know what’s coming 😩😩 I wish people wouldn’t do that and realise not everyone reads books as soon as they come out

• Sad

Heidi88

VIP Member
I mentioned yesterday that Spotfiy now offer 15hrs of free audiobooks for Ireland premium users and today I received an email from Audible offering me 3 months for 99p.

I also crochet and find I can either read a lot or crochet a lot...but not neither. So I am hoping audiobooks will help 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I’ve made a special trip to Bath today to go to a reading by Leigh Bardugo and get her new book The Familiars at the same time. I’ve not been to a reading like this before so I’m curious to see how it is!
omg have an amazing time!! tell her i think she is AMAZING 🤩 (i’m so jealous both of the hearing her read and the going to bath!)

also picked up funny story in tescos today and don’t let me down emhen! we’re on shaky ground after happy place but you can still pull it back 🤣

• Haha

Blueblue123

VIP Member
I'm also currently reading Tomorrow x 3. I don't usually like romance and I enjoy playing games but I'm not super into it. I'm only about a tenth of the way through but I think it's well written.

Beaversabout

Chatty Member
I find it really hard to get into fiction but I read the seven husbands of Evelyn hugo, and it was quite good. In my mind I imagined Evelyn to look like Bridgette Bardot mixed with Jane Mansfield.

Tofino

VIP Member
Did you know you can collect points on BP fuel and then use the points to buy an Amazon voucher?

Who knew buying fuel could lead to free books! I have enough points for a £5 voucher 😆

• Wow
  • Haha

vanilla cupcakes

VIP Member
I prefer my kindle too! I feel like it’s more convenient, more affordable and I have no storage space so it’s a lot easier that way too. I’ve not read a physical book in over a year 🫣

mindlessness

VIP Member
Maybe this confirms something that I’ve been thinking for the past decade with rising certainty:

We really are living in a sea of vapid, image-obsessed, Lifetime-movie-loving Kardashian clones. Easily amused; easily confused.and an extra twist or two.
The plot stealing is very dodgy (I wonder if her publisher had been asked about it or made a statement?) but this last paragraph from the judgy Redditor is dumb and snobby. I am so glad everyone here in these threads is lovely and we all read whatever we like with no judgement 💕🥰

• Heart

inksmear

i didn't know ☹ i think i read it about colleen hoover on here, but didn't know about her. i guess i'll crawl into a hole now 😂
Don’t crawl into a hole! There’s pages of discussion about FMcF’s books on these threads. Someone must be buying them and I think a lot of us see them as ‘guilty pleasures’. Like you said, they’re pretty easy reads between heavier reads. You can basically bash through one in one sitting.

I will say the housemaid ones are the better ones she’s written.

• Heart

Lola UK

VIP Member
Well I’ve just read the thread back and I’ve picked up some recommendations, thank you! 🫶

I’ve started ‘listen for the lie’ and I’ve got a new list of TBR -

Beartown
The nightingale
The satsuma complex
The no show
The family upstairs
Remember me?
Weyward

Sad to hear Sophie kinsella is unwell, I absolutely adorned the shopaholic series when I was younger!

epl000

VIP Member
I love the positivity on this thread ❤

Also here with a couple of audiobook recommendations, although haven't finished either yet.

The Great Post Office Scandal - obvs extra topical lately as the hearings have restarted but something that I haven't really grasped the enormity of from the news, or got round to watching the ITV drama of. Really recommend the audiobook as it is read by the author and really fascinating. It's lengthy (18 hours or so) and feels a little repetitive in the earlier bits but I think that is kind of intentional to demonstrate the number of people's stories involved and the similarities (despite the Post Office insisting at the time that it was just them and noone else was having any issues). Listening to this with my husband otherwise I'd probably have binged my way through the rest of it as I really want to hear how it plays out.

Also got most of the way through Prima Facie by Suzie Miller as I had a long drive to and from a hen do this weekend solo. Jodie Comer's narration is fantastic, and the story really sucks you in. Definite TW for sexual assault though, its quite graphically described which I found hit me harder listening to it than would be the case reading it I think.