Books #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you. This makes sense. I just misunderstood. I loved Elizabeth Evans and got a little excited thinking she may have done a ACOTAR version.

Has anybody got any recommendations of which to go for out of the normal or dramatised versions?
I love Elizabeth Evans. She was one of the narrators on the book I just finished which is a totally different genre to ACOTAR and her voice acting/narrating is brilliant.

Spotfiy in Ireland have just announced that if you have premium you get 15hrs of free audiobooks. I think this is already in place in the UK. I just finished A Court of Wings and Ruin last night so thinking of listening to A Court of Starlight on audio.

I'm still getting the locked symbol on audiobooks that I want to try, so still not free. I have Premium but it's a shared account, wonder if that makes a difference 🤔

I love Elizabeth Evans. She was one of the narrators on the book I just finished which is a totally different genre to ACOTAR and her voice acting/narrating is brilliant.
I think she is brilliant. Definitely one of my favourite narrators. I started to struggle during Tower of Dawn (i didnt know about reading them at the same time when i listened), but her narration actually helped me through it I think.

Reactions: 1
I'm still getting the locked symbol on audiobooks that I want to try, so still not free. I have Premium but it's a shared account, wonder if that makes a difference 🤔
In the UK its only the main account holder Im sure who has access. So could it be that or are you the main account holder?

Reactions: 1
Are you the main account holder? I had this query because I am but my mum couldn't listen to any. Its only the main holders account that has access to them which i think is ridiculous

Reactions: 3
I've been working my way through the Eddie Flynn series by Steve Cavanagh, just finished The Devil's Advocate. And if you like intense, thrillery, stuff. Con artist turned unconventional lawyer then these are brilliant. They are just full on action packed from start to finish. Just so intense. So well written. Just such a fantastic series, easy to read, but enjoyable, memorable, page turners.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've been working my way through the Eddie Flynn series by Steve Cavanagh, just finished The Devil's Advocate. And if you like intense, thrillery, stuff. Con artist turned unconventional lawyer then these are brilliant. They are just full on action packed from start to finish. Just so intense. So well written. Just such a fantastic series, easy to read, but enjoyable, memorable, page turners.
I love the Eddie Flynn series! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just noticed audible have full cast dramatisation of ACOTAR series, I’m thinking this could be a good listen 😍
They’re really good! I listened to ACOMAF through my Spotify subscription and really enjoyed it

Yes only the main account holder if a shared account. Really annoying as my husband won’t listen to audio books, why not just have a limit which is shared?!

Yes only the main account holder if a shared account. Really annoying as my husband won’t listen to audio books, why not just have a limit which is shared?!
Same happens here! My husband isn’t a reader at all so wouldn’t even think to look at audiobooks but I would. It should be shared or transferable or else it’s just a waste.

Reactions: 4
Same happens here! My husband isn’t a reader at all so wouldn’t even think to look at audiobooks but I would. It should be shared or transferable or else it’s just a waste.
Exactly my thought. I wanted to let my mum use it so she'd stop using my credits on audible and could choose what to read. But nope, still here buying credits for her to use 🤦‍♀️🤣

Another agreement from over here 🙋🏻‍♀️
Oh to be a husband *sigh

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Another agreement here with a husband that won't use the audiobooks on Spotify :ROFLMAO: Although I suppose I have benefited from 15 years of him paying for spotify premium that I've used so I should probably not complain too much.

Also a huge fan of the Eddie Flynn series, and Steve Cavanagh generally. One author that I would definitely auto buy their next book without really thinking about it.

I finished A Rising Man last night by Abir Mukherjee. Not my usual thing at all, but I found it really well written and got quite invested in the story and the main character.

Reactions: 5
Another Eddie Flynn / Steve Cavanagh fan here! Theres a new book coming out (Witness 8) in August!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another Eddie Flynn / Steve Cavanagh fan here! Theres a new book coming out (Witness 8) in August!
As much as I need this, I will be forced to wait until it comes out in paperback because otherwise it will look so wrong on my shelf. One hardback next to a load of paperback Cavanagh's. It would annoy me too much.

• Heart
Also on another note. Reading The Other Mothers at the moment and I could not believe 'cherry red EXPRESSO machine' what not picked up on proof reading. 😫

• Wow
  • Haha
I’m reading book 14 of DCI Kett atm and I know some of us are big fans, but he’s referred to Smyths as Smiths and it bugged me 😂 he has three daughters!

Also a narrator pronounced Hedwig as Hedgewig 🫣 thankfully the book wasn’t a Harry Potter one 😅

On a more satisfying note, here’s a new thread 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.