Books #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Barak says it is OK. Then it is OK.

He told us:

"Reading is important. If you know how to read, then the whole world opens up to you"

so basically buy all the books and let the world open up! Listen to Barak.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
@vanilla cupcakes ooh I’ll put Lying in Wait on my wish list. I skim read the last 30% of Unravelling Oliver this morning because I just had no inclination to pick it up and read it properly. Did nothing for me at all.

I’ve since started First Born. Bought it in July 2022 but all the recent hype for it here has made me finally choose it. No regrets so far, it instantly drew me in.

Reactions: 5
This disgusting weather makes me want to curl up in bed with a book at 7.30pm. As of yesterday evening I'm 9 chapters into The Trial by Rob Rinder which I got on Kindle the other week. I'm enjoying it so far. Going to put the kettle on now and get back to it.

Reactions: 11
Just parking myself in here - currently reading Never Never by Colleen Hoover . . . The plot is a bit ummmm strange?

Reactions: 1
Since I joined the last thread I’ve been lurking through the old ones and now have millions of books on my tbr pile, thanks guys! ❤

Currently reading Poor Things and I am absolutely loving it, I almost missed my stop on the train this morning. It’s so creepy!

I am so happy I have my love for reading back! It was always my favourite hobby from childhood but went through a really hard period of time at the end of 2019 and couldn’t focus on reading, and then the pandemic happened, and on top of that I have a very stressful job which never seems to end. I always thought I’d be loving life, locked away and told to stay home and it would be a great excuse to read but my concentration was shot to pieces and it’s taken a really long time to get it back. I am going through another hard time right now, but the opposite has happened and I have no motivation for anything other than books! This is far more enjoyable. I will work on balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
@capriallie I dont know what it says about me but I thought Icebreaker was a 3 chillis on the spice scale.

I loved Nathan though. He is golden retriever boyfriend and that is my downfall.

Also cant remember who mentioned cowboys. Ive only read the first 3 in the elsie silver books but I loved Jasper who wasn't a cowboy :( got the other 2 on my book case waiting to be read.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Finally finished my second book of March, The Rose Code by Kate Quinn. It was mammoth, 650 pages. Was slow to get going but I raced through the second half and it was fantastic.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Just parking myself in here - currently reading Never Never by Colleen Hoover . . . The plot is a bit ummmm strange?
Haven't read it but someone in a previous thread said something like : 'never never read Never, Never' 😂

Edit: found the comment by @ordinaryjelly about Never Never : 'Don't buy the book, Never Never is probably a warning sign to not pick the book up'
on thread #25 (with a little spoiler if you want more details @123lee https://tattle.life/threads/books-25-reading-chats.43419/page-34#post-18111387

• Haha
Reactions: 6
For those who have read The Trial (Rob Rinder) and without giving spoilers, did you guess the outcome? I thought the clues were quite obvious I really loved it, it was a 5 star read for me, which is rare when I guess the outcome as I usually find that a bit disappointing as I like a good shock 😂

@capriallie I dont know what it says about me but I thought Icebreaker was a 3 chillis on the spice scale.

I loved Nathan though. He is golden retriever boyfriend and that is my downfall.

Also cant remember who mentioned cowboys. Ive only read the first 3 in the elsie silver books but I loved Jasper who wasn't a cowboy :( got the other 2 on my book case waiting to be read.
It was me! I loved book 4's MMC Theo. He is a delight!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Since I joined the last thread I’ve been lurking through the old ones and now have millions of books on my tbr pile, thanks guys! ❤

Currently reading Poor Things and I am absolutely loving it, I almost missed my stop on the train this morning. It’s so creepy!

I am so happy I have my love for reading back! It was always my favourite hobby from childhood but went through a really hard period of time at the end of 2019 and couldn’t focus on reading, and then the pandemic happened, and on top of that I have a very stressful job which never seems to end. I always thought I’d be loving life, locked away and told to stay home and it would be a great excuse to read but my concentration was shot to pieces and it’s taken a really long time to get it back. I am going through another hard time right now, but the opposite has happened and I have no motivation for anything other than books! This is far more enjoyable. I will work on balance.
Embarrassingly, I didn’t know Poor Things was a book! I watched the film last week and loved it (I love a weird film) so this has gone on my TBR.

I’m 60% through All The Light We Cannot See. I’m not really gelling with it even though it’s beautifully written. I’ve been on it since January so just need to finish the bloody thing so I can start something else 😂

Reactions: 5
For those who have read The Trial (Rob Rinder) and without giving spoilers, did you guess the outcome? I thought the clues were quite obvious I really loved it, it was a 5 star read for me, which is rare when I guess the outcome as I usually find that a bit disappointing as I like a good shock 😂
I loved it . Such an easy read have got my name down for his next one
The Suspect, from the Library
Yes l did guess the ending but it didn't put me off at all 😊

Reactions: 4
Haven't read it but someone in a previous thread said something like : 'never never read Never, Never' 😂

Edit: found the comment by @ordinaryjelly about Never Never : 'Don't buy the book, Never Never is probably a warning sign to not pick the book up'
on thread #25 (with a little spoiler if you want more details @123lee https://tattle.life/threads/books-25-reading-chats.43419/page-34#post-18111387
Ha ha. That was me indeed. You will never get back the time you spend reading that book.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Trying to read To Kill a Mockingbird and struggling. If I have learned anything in the last 2 years its that I am a fantasy and psychological thriller kinda girl

Reactions: 6
I've recently finished "The Country will bring us no peace" and was sorely disappointed. I think I saw it recommended on Instagram reels and the way it was described sounded way better than the book :ROFLMAO: It was marketed as a horror with a spooky town of disappearances but it ended up being more of a depressing domestic about a married couple - thankfully it was only 115 pages but yeah the blurb/description is pretty misleading

Reactions: 3
I finished A Court of Thorns and Roses today, it was ok. I was hoping for a bit more smut (haha) but the story was engaging enough. Not sure that genre is totally my bag though... but good to try new things! I listened to the audiobook and found the narrator's voice a bit jarring and annoying so perhaps that coloured my enjoyment slightly. She sounded like some kind of AI/digitally-generated audio, it felt stilted at times. And some pronunciation annoyed me - she said 'shone' like 'shown'. Perhaps I'm just frustrated there wasn't more Tamlin/Feyre action!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.