Books #22 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dnf’d how to kill your family, meh. Remembered about the book club pick so I’m giving that a go.

Reactions: 3
Ive spoken about my small house before and I brought up to my OH last night that Id like him to build a slim wall to wall book case in my dining room. I cant have deep shelves as I dont have space but my book shelf I have at the moment is messy as Im running out of space and Id like to start to keep my physical books.

He uttered the words 'maybe try and read the books you have first' excuse me... get building my little carpenter.

I did say to him that those built in bookshelves seem to be all the rage atm so would help when we come to sell. Not sure Ive sold it yet.

Im proud of this though as last year I think less than 5% of my read books were physical copies.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have £120 Waterstones stamps expiring in early November, can't let them go to waste.

If you were buying a book today what would it be? I need some inspiration. Of course I have a wishlist a mile long, but want to branch out a little from my normal (ever reliable crime/detective series) 📚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have £120 Waterstones stamps expiring in early November, can't let them go to waste.

If you were buying a book today what would it be? I need some inspiration. Of course I have a wishlist a mile long, but want to branch out a little from my normal (ever reliable crime/detective series) 📚
Ive been in quite a lot of book shops the last week or so. These are books I really fancied.

Reactions: 2

I've been tempted by a few history hardcovers at my local Waterstones. David Mitchell has a new one called Unruly which looks like a fun romp through the Kings & Queens of England, and I'm a fan of the Rest is History podcast so would probably also pick up Tom Holland's Pax on the golden age of Rome.

If you wanted to stay in the crime genre at the moment I'm reading and I've enjoying The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey - she wrote a number of books with the same detective, and is a contemporary of Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers.

I've also bee thinking about pre-ordering Dolly Alderton's new book.

Reactions: 1

Talking At Night - I’d describe it as a cross between Normal People and One Day if you’ve read either of those!

Reactions: 2
Ive been in quite a lot of book shops the last week or so. These are books I really fancied.

Those all sound like great choices, especially Seventeen. Definitely one for my list.

I've been tempted by a few history hardcovers at my local Waterstones. David Mitchell has a new one called Unruly which looks like a fun romp through the Kings & Queens of England, and I'm a fan of the Rest is History podcast so would probably also pick up Tom Holland's Pax on the golden age of Rome.

If you wanted to stay in the crime genre at the moment I'm reading and I've enjoying The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey - she wrote a number of books with the same detective, and is a contemporary of Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers.

I've also bee thinking about pre-ordering Dolly Alderton's new book.
Unruly sounds right up my street, I really enjoy that kind of historical book. I bet it is really funny, as well as staying factual.
Talking At Night - I’d describe it as a cross between Normal People and One Day if you’ve read either of those!
Right up my street!

Thank you all. :)

Talking All Night is one of my favourite books of this year ❤

Finished a random book that I found at the library that had me in tears because it was about her dog. Lots of dog/pregnancy triggers. Birdie and Harlow. I've no clue who the writer is. She's a mom influencer/blogger. I just picked it because I liked the title and the dog on the cover. I probably wouldn't have picked it up if I'd known, but it has made me want to get a dog. Specifically the high energy dog that she has in the book 😂 not going to get one though as it sounds like they need to be exercised for hours every day. I need one that can go running with me and then be tired out.

I'm about to start Leftover Woman courtesy of this thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ive spoken about my small house before and I brought up to my OH last night that Id like him to build a slim wall to wall book case in my dining room. I cant have deep shelves as I dont have space but my book shelf I have at the moment is messy as Im running out of space and Id like to start to keep my physical books.

He uttered the words 'maybe try and read the books you have first' excuse me... get building my little carpenter.

I did say to him that those built in bookshelves seem to be all the rage atm so would help when we come to sell. Not sure Ive sold it yet.

Im proud of this though as last year I think less than 5% of my read books were physical copies.
Get the Maine bookcases from Argos. I've got two of the wide slim depth ones and I love them.
ETA I have the same problem as you with space and books 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.