Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m the same! I loved it - it really sparked off my love of reading again. I definitely didn’t guess the twist...at least I don’t think I did. I’ve got that and The Hunting Party in my head and can’t quite remember which was which. Really enjoyed them both though.
this was my problem with them both 🙈 I feels like they both could have been the same book 😂

Reactions: 2
This thread is really inspiring me. I used to read a book every week or two but have been in a rut for over a year because I was reading a book I wasn’t enjoying but refused to give up on and lost the joy. I’ve downloaded the samples for People Like Her, The Sister in Law and Conviction.

Sounds a silly thing but I really suffer with anxiety and I find a really good distraction is to go on Amazon, find a book and then just fall down a rabbit hole clicking on all the related ones and others that they think I might enjoy. I’ve got a list of about 97 books to read at the moment 😬 looking forward to getting back into it!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Now I'm gonna have to download People like her! Haha, almost finished American Dirt, I wasn't sure I'd like it. I'm always abit skeptical about those books celebs love. But now I regret not reading it sooner

Reactions: 7
I've come to bed early to try and smash through the last of crazy rich asians so I can get through people like her this weekend 😂

• Haha
Me too! I downloaded it yesterday and I'm thinking of tucking myself into bed and reading it now haha!
This is me now just got myself a brew and hot water bottle 😂 ohhh this was now how I was spending my Friday nights a year ago :ROFLMAO:👩‍🦳

Reactions: 6
This is me now just got myself a brew and hot water bottle 😂 ohhh this was now how I was spending my Friday nights a year ago :ROFLMAO:👩‍🦳
Haha that sounds cosy, that's how I will be soon :D. Can't believe this time last year I was probably having a pint down the pub.

Reactions: 1
Ooh trust me is on my wish list it only came out yesterday didn’t it? I’ve got a load of books to be getting on with so may wait for it to come down in price 🙈 not read anything by Harlan coben (I’ve watched the stranger though!) so would be interested to hear what you think! I enjoyed the other passenger and also one called Those people which she also wrote
Yes it did! I normally wait too but I just couldn't 🙈

Harlan Coben if you read any of his books I recommend "Promise Me". It was the very first book I read of his and it was really good.

I've just downloaded People like her. Spent 10 minutes reading first few pages and looks very good!! Very tattle appropriate too. I wonder if the author is a tattler lol
I'm downloading this tonight lol

This thread is really inspiring me. I used to read a book every week or two but have been in a rut for over a year because I was reading a book I wasn’t enjoying but refused to give up on and lost the joy. I’ve downloaded the samples for People Like Her, The Sister in Law and Conviction.

Sounds a silly thing but I really suffer with anxiety and I find a really good distraction is to go on Amazon, find a book and then just fall down a rabbit hole clicking on all the related ones and others that they think I might enjoy. I’ve got a list of about 97 books to read at the moment 😬 looking forward to getting back into it!
Yes same, not even funny the amount of books I have to read! It's not going down either, I keep adding to it!

Now I'm gonna have to download People like her! Haha, almost finished American Dirt, I wasn't sure I'd like it. I'm always abit skeptical about those books celebs love. But now I regret not reading it sooner
That's good to hear. I accidentally bought it when I was only meant to download a sample and I haven't got round to reading it yet but I was hoping it was worth the read.

Reactions: 5
I’m 50% of the way through people like her and loooove it. So relevant for this gossip forum and some of the influencers we talk about. Love that it has the thriller twist to what would usually just be typical chick lit too. So so good!
Can I just say that I bought “People Like Her” for £1.99 from my Apple App Store!! - Bargain !!

Reactions: 6
I've come to bed early to try and smash through the last of crazy rich asians so I can get through people like her this weekend 😂
YOU NEED TO READ THEM ALL!!!!!
All 3!
loved that series!

Reactions: 3
I cant remember who asked me to come back after I finished Shuggie Bain so hopefully they see this.

I really enjoyed it. It was bleak and hard hitting but it was a book full of love and hope too. It really tells the story of addiction well. Would recommend it but its not a happy story.

Its an autobiographical novel so I think that makes it sadder. Will be looking out for Douglas Stewarts second book.

Reactions: 5
Have any of you got kindle unlimited? There’s a few books I like that are on it but I’m not sure it’s worth the £7.99 a month....not when I have about 200 unread ones on my kindle already that just keep getting added to 🙈

Have any of you got kindle unlimited? There’s a few books I like that are on it but I’m not sure it’s worth the £7.99 a month....not when I have about 200 unread ones on my kindle already that just keep getting added to 🙈
I had it for a time but didn't find it any better. The books arnt "better" in my opinion. You can read magazines and listen to audio. I used those 2 a bit but I didn't bother renewing. I probably wouldn't get it again.

Reactions: 1
I love this thread 🥰🥰🥰🥰 it’s the first one I check when coming onto tattle

Starting People Like Her this morning, will report back!

• Heart
I’m still ploughing on with American Dirt- I’m enjoying it but finding it quite hard going can’t read loads at once....probably doesn’t help that I’m also watching Ozark on Netflix....keep having dreams about the Cartel!

I’m still ploughing on with American Dirt- I’m enjoying it but finding it quite hard going can’t read loads at once....probably doesn’t help that I’m also watching Ozark on Netflix....keep having dreams about the Cartel!
I started American Dirt ages ago but never got into it. I’m going to give it another try.

Just downloaded People Like Her 😂. I’ve nearly finished the new Helen Fields, The Shadow Man, so I think that will be next.

I asked the same question haha. Marylou had a good tip. When the free trial is near, put it on airplane mode and Amazon won’t take the books back until you switch wifi back on

Have you checked out prime reading? I’m finding books to read in there

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.