Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WE LOVE OUR LIBRARY~ my 35 year old son found his OLD library card in a box about 2 yrs ago, He went to see if it still worked.. IT DID! he lives in a different town and when he came back home for a visit, he tried it... we were so shocked.. When our children were younger, we would go every tuesday and thursday to check out new books and to go to the summer reading programs they offered. All 3 of our boys are readers still to this day. Proud MOM~
you sound like my mum 🥰 she started reading to us every night when we we’re tiny, for about hours a night, no mean feat when your kids are 4, 5 etc.
we’d go to the library twice a week, but the Enid Blyton books are a stand out memory, memories from back then still makes my heart do a little flutter 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh oh oh.... have you read the mothers?

I always wanted to be a librarian as a kid, I uses to play either travel agent or librarian 🤣
I read The Mothers last year, really enjoyed it and can actually remember the storyline so it was definitely a good one 😅

Reactions: 2
Have yall read: The Things We Can Not Say by Kelly Rimmer I listened to this book last year, and when i say i am still clinging onto the characters in this book.... I AM... It is set in 1942 WWII... and follows a girl from a young age to adulthood and all the things she has lived through... That is all i am going to say about it... dont want to give it away... OH MY~

Reactions: 1
I read The Mothers last year, really enjoyed it and can actually remember the storyline so it was definitely a good one 😅
SAME!!! I didn’t realise I’d read anything from the author until I looked up The Other Couple, I haven’t read that one,

Have yall read: The Things We Can Not Say by Kelly Rimmer I listened to this book last year, and when i say i am still clinging onto the characters in this book.... I AM... It is set in 1942 WWII... and follows a girl from a young age to adulthood and all the things she has lived through... That is all i am going to say about it... dont want to give it away... OH MY~
this has reminded me of A Woman Of Substance by BTB,

and I will fight anyone who says that’s an awful book/series because I absolutely LOVED IT 😂 it’s years and years since I read it 🙈 like 20 😂

Oh oh oh.... have you read the mothers?

I always wanted to be a librarian as a kid, I uses to play either travel agent or librarian 🤣
Yes! loved The Mothers. Last week I read The Perfect Father by Charlotte Duckworth that was fab. I love Tammy Cohen books too.
I like police procedural boos sara ward does good ones and also Gytha Lodge

Oh ffs I just went to Amazon to check out The Other Couple only to discover that I not only bought it but actually read it 😅 It was almost 3 years ago though and I gave it 5 stars. Vaguely remember the storyline so I may have to reread it at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh ffs I just went to Amazon to check out The Other Couple only to discover that I not only bought it but actually read it 😅 It was almost 3 years ago though and I gave it 5 stars. Vaguely remember the storyline so I may have to reread it at some point.
it’s like looking in a mirror 😂

• Haha
Forgot to add that She by HC Warner is another fab thriller, probably my favourite book I’ve read this year (and I’ve done a lot of reading in lockdown!)

Reactions: 2
Just ordered ‘People Like Her’ - thanks everyone for the recommendations. This thread gives me so much enthusiasm for reading, it’s lovely to chat with likeminded people. 🥰🥰
Me too! And I agree with what you say I've a new found love for reading again after a bit of a lull

Reactions: 4
Forgot to add that She by HC Warner is another fab thriller, probably my favourite book I’ve read this year (and I’ve done a lot of reading in lockdown!)
Oh, I will look this up!!

I've just downloaded

Win by Harlan Coben

Trust Me by T. M. Logan

Both sound so good I can't wait to read them!

Currently reading 'The Other passenger by Louise Candlish'

Reactions: 7
I've just downloaded

Win by Harlan Coben

Trust Me by T. M. Logan

Oooo keep us updated on Win! That's on my list of books I want to read

I've just downloaded

Win by Harlan Coben

Trust Me by T. M. Logan

Ooh trust me is on my wish list it only came out yesterday didn’t it? I’ve got a load of books to be getting on with so may wait for it to come down in price 🙈 not read anything by Harlan coben (I’ve watched the stranger though!) so would be interested to hear what you think! I enjoyed the other passenger and also one called Those people which she also wrote

I have read a lot of Harlan Coben he is a great author

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This thread literally makes me fizz with excitement! ‘I’ll read that, and that... ooh let me just download that too’! At this rate, I’ll have to give up work to fit in more reading hours 😂.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
This thread literally makes me fizz with excitement! ‘I’ll read that, and that... ooh let me just download that too’! At this rate, I’ll have to give up work to fit in more reading hours 😂.
I know, if anyone knows me from other threads I’m like a different personality on here 😂 it makes my lil heart happy!!!! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I've just downloaded People like her. Spent 10 minutes reading first few pages and looks very good!! Very tattle appropriate too. I wonder if the author is a tattler lol

Finished People Like Her..all I will say is so jel of anyone just starting it. I am going to start reading Ruth Ware (love her) One by One tonight just read first chapter looks like my cuppa tea already..hateful cast 😀

Reactions: 7
Ah bloody hell I'm going to have to buy people like her now aren't I! Good thing I'm off work next week, can get some reading time in ;)

ETA: It was only £1.99 for kindle so tbh I can't moan at that lol

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.