Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just coming into this thread to recommend Sleeping Cruelty by Lynda La Plante. I enjoyed reading it and couldn't put the book down. I absolutely love her books.

Reactions: 4
It’s a self-published book that originally came from the NoSleep subreddit. The narrator is an adult looking back at various, seemingly unrelated events of his childhood but as the book goes on they start adding up to one single story. I’ve tried not to give too much away as I think this reads so much better going in without knowing too much! It’s quite a quick read too.
I’m putting this straighy on the tbr pile 😊

908EF21A-812A-4829-B8BA-E6CE462CB427.jpeg

Only one DNF so feeling chuffed

Reactions: 5
I’ve had such a bad month, hoping for better in November 🤞 all I’ve read is The Inheritance Games, Big Chica’s Don’t Cry, and I listened to I’m Glad My Mom Died on Audible. The last time I finished anything was the 10th, I think I’ve started 4 different books since then and not got through any. I’m really hoping the book club pick will get me out of my slump!

massive shoutout to everyone who told me to persevere with the most fun we ever had - spent a few hours with it and a cup of tea tonight and am right into it now 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve been to the library today ( I love the library!) and picked up Hostage by Clare MacKintosh - so far, so good! Got a Beth O’Leary one, she wrote Flat Share which I enjoyed so 🤞 and ordered The Herd after hearing about it here!

Reactions: 10
massive shoutout to everyone who told me to persevere with the most fun we ever had - spent a few hours with it and a cup of tea tonight and am right into it now 💙
Yay! I was one of them. So glad you are sticking with it. I loved it. X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I popped into waterstone's yesterday and saw The Stranding by Kate Sawyer which seemed right up my street. Has anyone read it here?

I got the cold bug thats going round so not been able to concentrate on books, It's gone now though so i'm back to reading Finale.
I did buy a couple of 99p Kindle Books, These Violent Delights & The Couple at the Table

Reactions: 1
I popped into waterstone's yesterday and saw The Stranding by Kate Sawyer which seemed right up my street. Has anyone read it here?
I have and gave it 5/5. Turns out I’m quite partial to an apocalypse story 😂

Quite an emotional read if I remember correctly.

Reactions: 2
I’d completely forgotten it was a book club read!
I don't think it ever was a bokkclub read.

I nominated it a few times but never won 😅

It is a brilliant book though. One of only 4 books I have given 5*s this year (out if over 100 books!)

Thanks! I think I'll give it a try. I'm also looking forward to amazon prime first reads day tomorrow. It's on my list alongside bills lol

I’ve only managed 8 books this month, which isn’t great for me. Hoping I’ll get through more next month. Is it too early for Christmassy reads? Asking for a friend 👀😂

8C7B68EE-BDA9-4FD1-A156-E173B17B5816.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.