Books #10 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I couldnt find them on the app or my phone browser but they were easily found on the safari on Ipad. There is quite a few I fancy but I feel like my TBR list is huge.
Is it ethical to confiscate your child's iPad so you can browse Kindle deals? 🤔

I must admit my book buying urges have gone down since I counted up how many Kindle reads I have (not even considered physical books yet). This tends to happen every couple of years or so and I go through a book buying drought. Which my existing bookshelves are very grateful for 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is it ethical to confiscate your child's iPad so you can browse Kindle deals? 🤔

I must admit my book buying urges have gone down since I counted up how many Kindle reads I have (not even considered physical books yet). This tends to happen every couple of years or so and I go through a book buying drought. Which my existing bookshelves are very grateful for 🤣
Totally ethical.

I didnt buy much in July at all and I really should continue that path until I get some of my lists down. 😭

Reactions: 1
I'm flying through Layla, no idea where it's going as I'm hoping for a twist but it's pretty wacky so far.

After a series of duds I told myself I was allowed to read only recent purchases rather than forcing myself to go back and read books that have been sitting there for ages unread because I don't fancy them. I'm now irritated because the last 6 entries of my goodreads are 4 stars, and I feel like my star system is meaningless 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just read love and other words, i really enjoyed the first 50-60% then i found the characters annoying… and fell a bit flat for me, it just seemed a bit far fetched, and all this ‘we will talk later’ crap was a bit annoying. No one would do that in real life!

Reactions: 2
Finished The Passage by Justin Cronin and loved it, even if it was slightly longer than necessary (although I do love a chunk of a book tbh, getting in to something and staying with it/the characters for a while). I didn’t realise it was part of a trilogy so of course I had to buy the next two…

I’ve moved on to Blood Sugar by Sascha Rothchild (the book club book), I’m only about 30% in but loving it, hoping it continues this way.

I’m also still listening to Jaws 🦈 and trying to decide what to spend my shiny new Audible credit on. Considering one of the Louis Theroux books, I’ve had them on my list for a while and suspect the audio version(s) would be worthwhile.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Im still reading Regretting You by Colleen Hoover. Im not hating it surprisingly. I will get started on Blood Sugar after that, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Reactions: 9
Finished The Passage by Justin Cronin and loved it, even if it was slightly longer than necessary (although I do love a chunk of a book tbh, getting in to something and staying with it/the characters for a while). I didn’t realise it was part of a trilogy so of course I had to buy the next two…

I’ve moved on to Blood Sugar by Sascha Rothchild (the book club book), I’m only about 30% in but loving it, hoping it continues this way.

I’m also still listening to Jaws 🦈 and trying to decide what to spend my shiny new Audible credit on. Considering one of the Louis Theroux books, I’ve had them on my list for a while and suspect the audio version(s) would be worthwhile.
I love Louis Theroux❤! but i didnt know he was a writer. Please let me know which one/s you’ll read 🙏 and i would like to hear your review.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love Louis Theroux❤! but i didnt know he was a writer. Please let me know which one/s you’ll read 🙏 and i would like to hear your review.
I’ve gone for ‘Gotta Get Theroux This’ I’ll definitely report back once I’ve listened to it 😄

• Heart
FINALLY got my hands on Addie LaRue from the library and started last night! Also have Madam by Phoebe Wynne (has anyone read?? It didn’t have many reviews on Goodreads) I’ve got sooo many books to get through but currently on summer holidays so trying to make the most of that!

• Heart
I’ve gone for ‘Gotta Get Theroux This’ I’ll definitely report back once I’ve listened to it 😄
Don’t bother reading the newer! This one’s quite good! The other one’s a lockdown diary!

I loved The Passage, in fact I loved the whole trilogy. At the time I read it, it wasn't my normal genre but I was hooked from the first page. They're all big, meaty books but so worth the investment.

• Heart
Ooh I have this so will be interested to hear what you think. Does he narrate too? I have the actual book but he has a nice voice to listen to 👀

Reactions: 3
Ooh I have this so will be interested to hear what you think. Does he narrate too? I have the actual book but he has a nice voice to listen to 👀
Yeah he narrates it 🙂 I’ve been listening to it for the last few days, it’s not too bad.

I finished They Both Die at the End last night. I need to stop buying books that turn me into a sad blubbery mess.

• Heart
I finished They Both Die at the End last night. I need to stop buying books that turn me into a sad blubbery mess.
i read that at the start of the year and thought it was lovely - though it turned me into a sad mess too! a really clever idea, really well portrayed 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s Adam Silvera’s book right?🥺 I need to get this too i read « more happy than not » i remember i loved it. Then i never read adam silvera again i think it’s time.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.