Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

qwikti

Chatty Member
Oh no!! I am so sorry I am behind and have been away from Tattle and forgot to bookmark this thread. Where are people at now?

I've just finished a book which I started on Friday so hopefully that can make up for it!

Today's prompt was what books has this thread or the main book thread inspired you to read?

People like her - I definitely would not have come across this book without Tattle's divine intervention.
Skin
Birdbox
AndI think I found my 2021 fave Last one at the party thanks to @Katykatykaty suggesting another dystopian title.
Don't worry! As long as you've been reading and having a nice weekend, all is well 👍

As far as where I'm at, in bed ready to finish up my 3rd book (albeit 2nd started pre-this weekend) of the readathon! 🛏📖 Been having a good time, excited to pick up some new ones tomorrow and start September off well (🤞)

Reactions: 1

qwikti

Chatty Member
Checking in as Mr B has thrown me a childcare curve ball.

Managed 18 pages of my book. Have moved onto Blue Ticket by Sophie Mackintosh. The print is quite large and it's well spaced out which makes me read through it a bit faster.

Had half a large mug of coffee and a Nomo chocolate bar that I hid in the vegetable drawer in the fridge 🙊

Hope to return back later on this evening once the kids are in bed (and perhaps another reading sprint around 9pm?).
Ah, ended up having to run out for some food for my cat, gonna get reading now! 📖

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I'm planning a wee cheeky reading sprint for the next 30 minutes then will need to take a wee break to sort out stuff for tomorrow (not an official bank holiday where I am so still got school run in the morning). Onwards!

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I fell asleep while reading last night so here is yesterday’s wrap up

Pages read - 108
Beverages consumed - Diet Coke and water
Snacks - Kit Kat Chunky with Salted Caramel
Change of goals tomorrow - Want to be a little more focussed, get through more through the day rather than waiting for night (as that's when I prefer to read)

Today’s prompts;

Three books that sum me up -
Harry Potter series
Reasons to Stay Alive - Matt Haig
The Humans - Matt Haig

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?
“THE COMICS ARTHUR LEANDER gave her: two issues from a series no one else in the Symphony has ever heard of, Dr. Eleven, Vol. 1, No. 1: Station Eleven and Dr. Eleven, Vol. 1, No. 2: The Pursuit. By Year Twenty, Kirsten has them memorized.”

Which book would you like to live in and why?
Another vote for Harry Potter - I loved the series for the last 15 years and if I could escape to the wizarding world even just for a day I’d be there in a heartbeat.

• Heart

qwikti

Chatty Member
@smellsofbiscuits - My Guess for your quote is - The Stranger by Albert Camus! Feels like something the main character in that book (I forget his name) would say
Haha completely ignore me, I had misread your question and thought it was a general quote from any book instead of one you're reading right now 🙈 Note to self - don't make posts pre-morning-caffeine-fix haha

I'm really not feeling my current reads (except for ACOTAR which I am very much so feeling) which is a shame, I wanted to love The Secrets of Us. Gonna speed read the rest of it to just get it ticked off, and hopefully move on by the end of today 🤞