Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
10 minute warning for the next reading sprint starting at 9pm GMT!

Shall we aim for an hour?

Because, if I'm honest, I'll be ready for my bed 🤣

Reactions: 2

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Book thread;

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
@qwikti I've been seeing ACRT all over BookTok and know very little about it except it's deemed terribly smutty 🙊

I'm about 40 pages into Blue Ticket. It's an interesting premise. Teenage girls are entered into a lottery when they start their periods. Those awarded white tickets are permitted to have children. Those with blue tickets are not. I'm enjoying it much more than her first book which was a bit bonkers.

• Heart

DietGossip

VIP Member
Just finished The Bromance Book Club! It was very sweet, I loved how it was an established relationship trying to get that spark back. Did feel a little ugh with the third act conflict but overall a cute read.
And just finished Malibu Rising! Time for dinner and then maybe something else...

qwikti

Chatty Member
Hi all! Read around 160 pages yesterday!

Managed to finish 'The Secrets of Us' and I am so disappointed, the ending was really predictable, and the one part that wasn't, was really unbelievable :-( I had high hopes because of the concept, and was actually getting into it at some points

Oh well, I still want to finish ACOTAR tonight (not long left now - around 50 pages, been saving it) and read some M&M. Not sure what to pick up after I finish up with ACOTAR, but I need to pull myself together and read from my owned books and stop buying new ones haha

nbt

VIP Member
After finishing my book earlier, normally I’d wait until the following day to start a new one. But in proper readathon spirit I’m going to start another tonight.

Going with The Last House on Needless Street after @Katykatykaty mentioned it a few days back.

Thank you @smellsofbiscuits for the readathon idea. Would deffo be interested in another in the future.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Checking in as Mr B has thrown me a childcare curve ball.

Managed 18 pages of my book. Have moved onto Blue Ticket by Sophie Mackintosh. The print is quite large and it's well spaced out which makes me read through it a bit faster.

Had half a large mug of coffee and a Nomo chocolate bar that I hid in the vegetable drawer in the fridge 🙊

Hope to return back later on this evening once the kids are in bed (and perhaps another reading sprint around 9pm?).

• Heart

qwikti

Chatty Member
Started and finished 'The Metamorphosis' by Franz Kafka, which I quite enjoyed. Listened to it on audiobook, and it was a nice length, and didn't creep me out too much as I thought it may do (i'm scared of most insects).

DietGossip

VIP Member
Just finished The Bromance Book Club! It was very sweet, I loved how it was an established relationship trying to get that spark back. Did feel a little ugh with the third act conflict but overall a cute read.

qwikti

Chatty Member
Three books that sum up me....
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland​
The Idiot (Elif Batuman)​
Villette​

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us.
'Every step towards the line of trees was too swift, too light, too soon carrying me to whatever torment and misery awaited.' (can I just add, I'm in love with any book with a Forrest-y setting)​

Which book would you like to live in and why?
It would have to also be Harry Potter, is there any fictional place that feels as much like 'home' as hogwarts? and if not then Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, just for the fun absurd adventures that I could have with Alice​

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Ooh love it! I’m not sure how much time I’ll get over the weekend as we’ve got a few plans but I’m sure I can find some pockets of time to get involved.
Fab! I was trying to plan activities that weren't time sensitive (except the reading sprints). Hope to see you there 😊

Reactions: 1

slugella

VIP Member
Ok drumroll please!

I've gotten my thinking cap on and come up with a rough structure for Tattle's Inaugural Readathon. It's taking place over the August Bank Holiday weekend and you can take part in as much or as little as you like. I've mixed in prompts and some games too. Happy to do a quiz if enough people are interested - I bloody love a book quiz!

Day 1

Introduce yourself!

Hello my name is....

I plan to read...... during the readathon

The last book I read was...

My favourite book as a child was....

My favourite book as a teenager was.....

My favourite book now is.....

2 x reading sprints with specific times (these can run each day - more on these below.).

End of day check in - pages read, coffee drunk, change of goals tomorrow? (can do this at the end of each day - no pressure!)

Day 2

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?

Day 3

Show us a photo of your bookmark/ebook reader cover/associated reading paraphernalia

Tell us about the book(s) this thread has inspired you to read.

READING SPRINTS

These are designed to get you reading within a set time frame. Everyone closes Tattle 😉, picks up their reading material and just reads for 15 minutes, half an hour or whatever time frame we agree upon. You can report back with how much you've read, beverages/snacks consumed etc. They seem to be quite keen on stats in the readathon community and I quite like that myself 🤣

Happy to take feedback, suggestions and comments re the plans.

I can't wait! Already thinking of which books to read :giggle:

qwikti

Chatty Member
Ok drumroll please!

I've gotten my thinking cap on and come up with a rough structure for Tattle's Inaugural Readathon. It's taking place over the August Bank Holiday weekend and you can take part in as much or as little as you like. I've mixed in prompts and some games too. Happy to do a quiz if enough people are interested - I bloody love a book quiz!

Day 1

Introduce yourself!

Hello my name is....

I plan to read...... during the readathon

The last book I read was...

My favourite book as a child was....

My favourite book as a teenager was.....

My favourite book now is.....

2 x reading sprints with specific times (these can run each day - more on these below.).

End of day check in - pages read, coffee drunk, change of goals tomorrow? (can do this at the end of each day - no pressure!)

Day 2

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?

Day 3

Show us a photo of your bookmark/ebook reader cover/associated reading paraphernalia

Tell us about the book(s) this thread has inspired you to read.

READING SPRINTS

These are designed to get you reading within a set time frame. Everyone closes Tattle 😉, picks up their reading material and just reads for 15 minutes, half an hour or whatever time frame we agree upon. You can report back with how much you've read, beverages/snacks consumed etc. They seem to be quite keen on stats in the readathon community and I quite like that myself 🤣

Happy to take feedback, suggestions and comments re the plans.

Yay, how exciting! Like stated above, i'm already thinking about what I'll read! Thanks so much for planning all of this out ❤

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
45 minute warning for the next reading sprint which will kick off at 3pm GMT!

@francaispangol Congratulations on your graduation!

-----------------------------------------------

Lovely to see everyone getting involved. We've just returned home and I'm currently camped out in the car whilst my youngest naps. It is possible I might still be here when the reading sprint kicks off at 3pm 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart

qwikti

Chatty Member
Fell asleep last night without being able to post, so here's my Saturday wrap-up -

Pages read - around 150 (across The Secrets of Us and A Court of Thorns and Roses)
Beverages consumed - cherry coke and hot chocolate
Snacks - Happy Hippos LOL
Change of goals tomorrow - Want to be a little more focussed, get through more through the day rather than waiting for night (as that's when I prefer to read)

Read a good chunk of ACOTAR last night and I am loving this book! I could've finished but I was tired and figured I could save it for tonight and get through the final 80 pages. No progress on the Master and Margarita however, so need to get cracking

@smellsofbiscuits - My Guess for your quote is - The Stranger by Albert Camus! Feels like something the main character in that book (I forget his name) would say

francaispangol

So I only read about 30 pages yesterday (and only a couple of hot beverages consumed). Today is also busy, but I'm planning on curling up for an hour or so with my book later!

• Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I’ll be doing a sprint later on between 6.30-7.30pm while my husband puts the child to bed. I’ve managed about 100 pages so far today, hoping to get another 50 minimum by bedtime.
Well I managed 63 pages over the last hour - there’s only 31 left of my book so hoping I’ll be able to finish it when I’m reading in bed tonight. Shall have to figure out what to read next - off to Amazon!

DietGossip

VIP Member
About halfway through Vicious, it reads really fast which I'm loving! The main character is really intense (in a good way)

DietGossip

VIP Member
Not sure how much reading I can get done today cause I have an event to go to, but I'll give it a shot!

Three books that sum up me
Circe by Madeline Miller
A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

"Mack slung an arm over Wilson's shoulder. "An emotional fucking journey."

Ok the problem with this question is that I generally like fiction with dark themes, so a lot of the worlds I read are not really ones I'd want to live in. Even Harry Potter I don't think I'd be a fan of living in that world?

• Heart

qwikti

Chatty Member
These two have found their way onto my list because of Tattle! (the list would be way longer, but I'm trying to be stricter about adding to my TBR)-
Blue Ticket
Three Hours

In regards to ACOTAR, I might start on it earlier than usual tonight, and get into the next book too, depending on how I feel. A couple of the fae characters are really doing it for me 🔥 LOL

My desire to pick up the Master and Margarita is super low, and honestly i'm sad :-( I was super into it to begin with but have kind of lost the will with it a little. I haven't given up yet, so I might just do some bits and bobs, and settle down at around 9 to give it my full focus for an hour and see if it works for me now, and if it doesn't then i'll have to just accept that it's going on the 'taking a break' list (the scary dark list from which few books crawl back out of)