Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I’ll be doing a sprint later on between 6.30-7.30pm while my husband puts the child to bed. I’ve managed about 100 pages so far today, hoping to get another 50 minimum by bedtime.

Reactions: 4

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
@DietGossip Welcome! I bought The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo last week as it has been following me on BookTok 🤣

--------------------------

Managed a wee reading sprint there and finished off Firefly Lane. It was so much better than the Netflix series. But oh boy, needed my tissues for the end. And I've just ordered a copy of the sequel 🤣

Would anyone be up for a reading sprint this afternoon?

• Heart

MissMissMissy

Chatty Member
Hello my name is Missy

I plan to read some more of my current book The Therapist by B A Paris

The last book I read was The Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell

My favourite book as a child was The Babysitters club series

My favourite book as a teenager was The Beach by Alex Garland

My favourite book now is: Narrowed down to 4 sorry 🤣
So You’ve been publicly shamed by Jon Ronson
My Sister Milly by Gemma Dowler
Reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig
Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail Honeyman

• Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Managed another 50 minutes (followed by a 20 minutes snooze) of Station Eleven. I loved the first section, enjoyed the second but I’m just not interested in the third - 6 and a bit left to go. I’ll power through and hope the others grip me in more than the third one has.

DietGossip

VIP Member
Morning all! The Bank Holiday Hangover caught up with me last night and I ended up having to put down my 4th book and go to bed early cause my head was killing me so I'll do my wrap up now.

My Day 3 update is that I read 568 pages yesterday, over the whole weekend I have read a total of 1056 pages and finished Vicious, The Bromance Book Club, Malibu Rising and made a 80 page dent in Madam, which is 4/5 of the books I said I wanted to make progress on this long weekend! I hope everyone else has had a good weekend too 🥰

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Not managed very well today as we were out most of the day. Just had a reading sprint though.

35 mins, 8% and 34 pages.

The readathon has definitely helped me take some time out to read. Would be interested in doing this again, for sure.

I’m currently 63% through Blindsighted and have just ended a chapter on a *gasp* moment. Going to try and read as much as possible before I fall asleep.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Hey guys, apologies for not being very active on here today. Had a couple of childcare curveballs thrown at me but did managed 10 minutes reading time this morning. Hoping to pop back once the kids are in bed so after 7pm 😉

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Good morning! Well I ended up reading 217 pages yesterday, I finished Station Eleven and started The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist. I’ve been getting my husband to pick my next read off my TBR list and he’s picked well so far, hoping The Unit continues the trend.

I won’t get much reading done today as we’re out all day but I’ll definitely get some done before bed. I did blank out 15 minutes this morning for reading but my mam ended up calling me and stole that time away, never mind!

nbt

VIP Member
How’s everyone doing today?

I’ve just finished Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter. I’ve read about 40% today, 173 pages. I’ve read it whilst in bed this morning, whilst folding washing, whilst ironing labels into my son’s school uniform and finally whilst dusting and wiping down the stairs. Basically at any given opportunity!

It’s a hard to read book at times, very graphic. A really good read though, I want to start the next book straight away but it’s £3.99 on kindle and that’s like, £2 over my usual limit 😂

nbt

VIP Member
I have made a coffee and got some crisps and now I’m sat outside with nobody but the rabbits for company. Not moving til 4pm at the earliest.

Starting at page 89, 26% through my book.

Reactions: 3

Laurenia

Blue Ticket sounds really interesting, I’ve added it to by TBR list!

I didn’t read as much as I’d hoped yesterday. I finished You Again which was probably a 3* - easy beach read type. I’m 57 pages into Billy Summers and feeling a bit daunted by how long Stephen King books are 😂

mindlessness

VIP Member
Hello all! Managed to get through 59% of The Spanish Love Deception over the weekend! Am at Ch 18.

In term of things I’ve been inspired to read thanks to tattle - basically everything I’ve picked up in recent months! Following the book thread inspired me to make a point of reading books properly again, and I’m always motivated by hearing about other tattlers and their books/progress. It’s been really good for my mental health too. Better than doom scrolling or reading the news 😅 So thank you all for the very long TBR!

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Ooh yes, my reads inspired from the book thread are:

LOATP (now my favourite book)
In an Instant
The Push
People Like Her

qwikti

Chatty Member
@qwikti I've been seeing ACRT all over BookTok and know very little about it except it's deemed terribly smutty 🙊

I'm about 40 pages into Blue Ticket. It's an interesting premise. Teenage girls are entered into a lottery when they start their periods. Those awarded white tickets are permitted to have children. Those with blue tickets are not. I'm enjoying it much more than her first book which was a bit bonkers.
🙈 So far I haven't read any overly smutty scenes (maybe my standards are way off from years of reading fanfic though LOL), but I am loving the romance so far

Also, that premise sounds really interesting, I do love the Handmaid's Tale and it sounds in a similar vein.

Gonna go make a cup of hot chocolate, and get comfy with my book ☕

qwikti

Chatty Member
Read a 40ish pages of The Secrets of Us, a little disappointed by it thus far, it's not giving me what I had hoped for, but I'm interested enough to keep going and find out what's going on! Got terrible wisdom tooth pain 😿 but I bought some gel and I'm feeling all numbed up and ready to keep going LOL

Excited to read some more of A Court of Thorns and Roses, but I love a fantasy read for night time, so I'll dip into it later🌹

Oh no!! I am so sorry I am behind and have been away from Tattle and forgot to bookmark this thread. Where are people at now?

I've just finished a book which I started on Friday so hopefully that can make up for it!

Today's prompt was what books has this thread or the main book thread inspired you to read?

People like her - I definitely would not have come across this book without Tattle's divine intervention.
Skin
Birdbox
AndI think I found my 2021 fave Last one at the party thanks to @Katykatykaty suggesting another dystopian title.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Hello all from Sunday! I didn't get any reading done yesterday. Terrible I know! I'm aiming to get a few hours of reading done this afternoon. In a classic mood reader move I've decided to start The Spanish Love Deception instead of The Guest List. I want a spot of smutty romance :LOL: Shall report back!

• Haha
  • Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Ok drumroll please!

I've gotten my thinking cap on and come up with a rough structure for Tattle's Inaugural Readathon. It's taking place over the August Bank Holiday weekend and you can take part in as much or as little as you like. I've mixed in prompts and some games too. Happy to do a quiz if enough people are interested - I bloody love a book quiz!

Day 1

Introduce yourself!

Hello my name is....

I plan to read...... during the readathon

The last book I read was...

My favourite book as a child was....

My favourite book as a teenager was.....

My favourite book now is.....

2 x reading sprints with specific times (these can run each day - more on these below.).

End of day check in - pages read, coffee drunk, change of goals tomorrow? (can do this at the end of each day - no pressure!)

Day 2

Three books that sum up me....

Turn to page 42 in your current read. Share the first line with us. Can anyone guess where it's from?

Which book would you like to live in and why?

Day 3

Show us a photo of your bookmark/ebook reader cover/associated reading paraphernalia

Tell us about the book(s) this thread has inspired you to read.

READING SPRINTS

These are designed to get you reading within a set time frame. Everyone closes Tattle 😉, picks up their reading material and just reads for 15 minutes, half an hour or whatever time frame we agree upon. You can report back with how much you've read, beverages/snacks consumed etc. They seem to be quite keen on stats in the readathon community and I quite like that myself 🤣

Happy to take feedback, suggestions and comments re the plans.

Ooh love it! I’m not sure how much time I’ll get over the weekend as we’ve got a few plans but I’m sure I can find some pockets of time to get involved.

Reactions: 2

HoGi

VIP Member
Managed 11 chapters so far today which is only about 13% but it's a chunky book

Reactions: 2