Book Club January - Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Id like a Joy based sequel. I say 3.5 but I did round it down to 3 on Good Reads. I couldnt round it up.
Goodreads really needs a half-point option! I’ve often struggled similarly with rating. I reckon I have a few 4* that weren’t warranted just because 3* didn’t seem enough.

Reactions: 5
I've hit my Goodreads target of 80/80 books this year. Didn't get fireworks so providing my own lol 🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've got a new nomination for next month, I decided to give White Oleander a rest as clearly nobody fancied it :LOL:

My nomination is Things we do in the Dark by Jennifer Hillier. I've never read any of her books but have hear really good things:
Paris Peralta is suspected of killing her celebrity husband, and her long-hidden past now threatens to destroy her future.

When Paris Peralta is arrested in her own bathroom—covered in blood, holding a straight razor, her celebrity husband dead in the bathtub behind her—she knows she'll be charged with murder. But as bad as this looks, it's not what worries her the most. With the unwanted media attention now surrounding her, it's only a matter of time before someone from her long hidden past recognizes her and destroys the new life she's worked so hard to build, along with any chance of a future.

Twenty-five years earlier, Ruby Reyes, known as the Ice Queen, was convicted of a similar murder in a trial that riveted Canada in the early nineties. Reyes knows who Paris really is, and when she's unexpectedly released from prison, she threatens to expose all of Paris's secrets. Left with no other choice, Paris must finally confront the dark past she escaped, once and for all.

Because the only thing worse than a murder charge are two murder charges

Amazon product

Reactions: 10
This is my suggestion for November. The Herd by Emily Edwards. Itl be 99p until the end of the month. Thought it seemed like a good one for discussion.

Two best friends

Elizabeth and Bryony are polar opposites but their unexpected friendship has always worked. They're the best of friends, and godmothers to each other's daughters - because they both trust that the safety of their children is their top priority.

One little secret

Little do they know that they differ radically over one very important issue. And when Bryony, afraid of being judged, tells what is supposed to be a harmless white lie before a child's birthday party, the consequences are more catastrophic than either of them could ever have imagined.

Every parent's worst nightmare . . .

Deal: The Herd: the unputdownable must-read Richard & Judy book club pick of 2022 Amazon product

• Heart
I’m not quite finished yet but I’d like to nominate tbook

Amazon product

What Readers Are Saying

“By far one of the best books I have read in ages.”

“The novel is so compelling because it reminds the reader most clearly that alcoholism can affect any one of us, regardless of education, intelligence, social standing or employment.”

“At its heart is a story about the stories we tell ourselves when we choose to stick our head in the sand at best or ignore inconvenient truths at worst.”

“Respectful yet devastatingly honest.”

“It broke my heart to see Alice spiral down and I was rooting for her recovery at the same time as holding out hope for her and Bob’s blossoming relationship.”

Reactions: 4
I’m not quite finished yet but I’d like to nominate tbook

Amazon product

What Readers Are Saying

“By far one of the best books I have read in ages.”

“The novel is so compelling because it reminds the reader most clearly that alcoholism can affect any one of us, regardless of education, intelligence, social standing or employment.”

“At its heart is a story about the stories we tell ourselves when we choose to stick our head in the sand at best or ignore inconvenient truths at worst.”

“Respectful yet devastatingly honest.”

“It broke my heart to see Alice spiral down and I was rooting for her recovery at the same time as holding out hope for her and Bob’s blossoming relationship.”
What book is this? For some reason I can't click Amazon links, it is just the Amazon A and is not clickable.

Please do carry on suggesting books for November, I will tally up the votes at 7pm on Saturday 29th, to give time to purchase in case it is a 99p Kindle book.

Reactions: 2
What book is this? For some reason I can't click Amazon links, it is just the Amazon A and is not clickable.

Please do carry on suggesting books for November, I will tally up the votes at 7pm on Saturday 29th, to give time to purchase in case it is a 99p Kindle book.
Ok I tested the link it still works for me. But, I posted it so that might be why.

It’s called Recovering Alice by Catherine Morrison. I’ve never read anything by her but it’s 0.99p and gets good reviews so I fancied it.

Ok I tested the link it still works for me. But, I posted it so that might be why.

It’s called Recovering Alice by Catherine Morrison. I’ve never read anything by her but it’s 0.99p and gets good reviews so I fancied it.
It isn't just your post, it is all posts with Amazon links. It had been like this for a while for me and is really annoying. I don't know why it is like that for me.

Reactions: 3
My suggestion for November's book is Road Ends by Mary Lawson (currently a 99p Kindle deal)

Synopsis --

Twenty-one-year-old Megan Cartwright has never been outside the small town she was born in but one winter's day in 1966 she leaves everything behind and sets out for London. Ahead of her is a glittering new life, just waiting for her to claim it.

But left behind, her family begins to unravel. Disturbing letters from home begin to arrive and torn between her independence and family ties, Megan must make an impossible choice.

Amazon product

Reactions: 8
I just got a notification saying I’ve got the main book club pick on Libby. Not sure if it’s worth reading now? The reviews don’t seem to have been rave reviews and I don’t want to be behind 🙈

Reactions: 1
Just finished ‘you made a fool of death …’.
I enjoyed it. I give it a solid 4* out of 5. I would definitely be up for a book 2 about Joy.

• Heart
Just a reminder I will tally up the votes this evening.

Things We Do in the Dark by Jennifer Hillier

The Herd by Emily Edwards

Recovering Alice by Catherine Morrison

Road Ends by Mary Lawson

I've got a new nomination for next month, I decided to give White Oleander a rest as clearly nobody fancied it :LOL:

My nomination is Things we do in the Dark by Jennifer Hillier. I've never read any of her books but have hear really good things:
Paris Peralta is suspected of killing her celebrity husband, and her long-hidden past now threatens to destroy her future.

When Paris Peralta is arrested in her own bathroom—covered in blood, holding a straight razor, her celebrity husband dead in the bathtub behind her—she knows she'll be charged with murder. But as bad as this looks, it's not what worries her the most. With the unwanted media attention now surrounding her, it's only a matter of time before someone from her long hidden past recognizes her and destroys the new life she's worked so hard to build, along with any chance of a future.

Twenty-five years earlier, Ruby Reyes, known as the Ice Queen, was convicted of a similar murder in a trial that riveted Canada in the early nineties. Reyes knows who Paris really is, and when she's unexpectedly released from prison, she threatens to expose all of Paris's secrets. Left with no other choice, Paris must finally confront the dark past she escaped, once and for all.

Because the only thing worse than a murder charge are two murder charges

Amazon product
The only reason I’ve not voted for this is not because I don’t fancy it but because of the price. I’ve spent that much on kindle books of late I can only take part if I already own the book or it’s 0.99p 🤦🏻‍♀️ sorry x

I have tallied up the votes for our November 2022 book

November 2022 Book

The Herd by Emily Edwards - 12 likes

Things We Do in the Dark by Jennifer Hillier - 10 likes

Road Ends by Mary Lawson - 6 likes

Recovering Alice by Catherine Morrison - 3 likes

So November's book club choice is The Herd by Emily Edwards, which was @Caffeine Fiend's hattrick of suggestions.

Amazon product

This book is currently 99p on Kindle, this will change on 1st November. I think this is a great book for a book club read. I suspect I may be an outlier on this, but as always we can disagree without needing to go at each others throats. This book is sure to divide opinion.

• Heart
I just spent longer than I’d care to admit trying to work out why Amazon wouldn’t let me buy the book and then finally noticed this at the top

869E5842-4285-417A-98AE-7902373DD7F7.jpeg

😭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I just spent longer than I’d care to admit trying to work out why Amazon wouldn’t let me buy the book and then finally noticed this at the top

View attachment 1689057

😭
This is so funny. It was only a few days ago!

I bought this one at the start of the month but I did think at the time it would be a good book club pick so held off on reading it.

So happy this is the top choice as I actually bought the physical book a couple of weeks back and have been looking forward to reading it 🥰

I bought this a few weeks ago too, I’m excited to start it! I’ve been in such a slump though, I hope I can get through it 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.