Book Club January - Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m in please:) Do we vote for all the nominations that appeal to us or was I supposed to pick just one? 😬 πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1
I’m in please:) Do we vote for all the nominations that appeal to us or was I supposed to pick just one? 😬 πŸ˜‚
I also vote for the ones that I'd like to read! I could never pick just one haha

Reactions: 3
This is a good suggestion as it’s the newest of the CoHo books so could be a good introduction to her books for people!
I've just bought this, waiting for it to be delivered πŸ₯³ I've read It End With Us and Ugly Love so far and loved both!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
πŸ“–πŸ“šπŸ“™πŸ“˜πŸ“–πŸ“šπŸ“—πŸ“–πŸ“™πŸ“˜πŸ“—πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸ“’πŸ““πŸ“š

@ordinaryjelly looks like you’re our book club head librarian if you’re up for the job! πŸ˜‰

anyone want to help her out?!

πŸ“™πŸ“˜πŸ“’πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸ“—πŸ“˜πŸ“–πŸ“’πŸ“šπŸ““πŸ“™πŸ“–πŸ“’
Just don't quiz me on the Dewey Classification codes! 🀯 Happy for any help and/or suggestions. :)

@Libbylulu I was thinking we'd give a month for each book to be read, I'm well aware that we have all kinds of reading pace here and don't want it to become stressful for anyone to keep up, it's supposed to be fun afterall. Unless anyone has a better suggestion? I thought doing it by calender month, so this month we'd have one week less to read since we are still just picking our book. Am hoping we'll be more organised in future so we'll have picked next month's book ready for March 1st. Then the discussion of this month's book can kind of be ongoing alongside that. But like I said, if anyone has any suggestions please speak up. I want this to be enjoyable for us all.

I think voting for any that appeal to you.

If there's a tie we'll have to figure something out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think a month is perfect like you said we all read at our own pace and may have other books on the go

Reactions: 9
Just don't quiz me on the Dewey Classification codes! 🀯 Happy for any help and/or suggestions. :)

@Libbylulu I was thinking we'd give a month for each book to be read, I'm well aware that we have all kinds of reading pace here and don't want it to become stressful for anyone to keep up, it's supposed to be fun afterall. Unless anyone has a better suggestion? I thought doing it by calender month, so this month we'd have one week less to read since we are still just picking our book. Am hoping we'll be more organised in future so we'll have picked next month's book ready for March 1st. Then the discussion of this month's book can kind of be ongoing alongside that. But like I said, if anyone has any suggestions please speak up. I want this to be enjoyable for us all.

I think voting for any that appeal to you.

If there's a tie we'll have to figure something out.
Totally agree. Shall we have the person whose book who was nominated start the discussion? Or do we just want to chime in once we’ve finished it?

Reactions: 2
My suggestion is Our House by Louise Candlish. I read it in 2018 but wouldn’t mind rereading as it’s soon to be a TV series with Martin Compston.

Reactions: 8
Right, we have a few books to choose from this month. We'll pick whichever one has the most likes on Monday at 7pm. I've direct linked to each books post below. I'm excited to see which will be out first selection. I'll post again on Monday evening to share which book has the most votes, then we'll have until the end of the month to read it. Next month I hope we'll be a bit more organised and ready to start March's book on March 1st and go by full calendar months.

Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo.

It Ended With Us by Colleen Hoover

Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover

Piransi by Susanna Clark

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell

Our House by Louise Candlish

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.