Book Club #3 Reading is life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@nbt You just reminded me that I need to download Clickbait. I bought it when I saw your recommendation for book club and will read even if not chosen.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Any more nominations? Current 99p deals end Sunday so as long as votes are counted by then, we’ll have time to purchase anything.
I probably can't nominate anything as I went wild on Libby and Borrowbox reserving all sorts of things and they're all going to be available next week so will need to crack on. Nothing worth nominating though as 3 are local history books and the others won't be 99pm (New Coco Mellors and The Women? Not sure if that's right or who the author is - see, wild 🤣 I don't even know what I'll be reading

And I still want to read Sunburn

Any more nominations? Current 99p deals end Sunday so as long as votes are counted by then, we’ll have time to purchase anything.
I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to 99p deals, how are you searching for them? I want to make sure I search the same way as everyone else - like are deals offered to me the same as deals offered to you? I can then take a look and see if any catch my eye :)

Edit to add:
Do they refresh every Sunday? If so, this one catches my eye, plus Clickbait, to be fair!

1719428649508.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to 99p deals, how are you searching for them? I want to make sure I search the same way as everyone else - like are deals offered to me the same as deals offered to you? I can then take a look and see if any catch my eye :)

Edit to add:
Do they refresh every Sunday? If so, this one catches my eye, plus Clickbait, to be fair!

View attachment 3018732
They renew 1st of the month. If you go to books > kindle books > deals or something like that theyl come up.

Edit to add:

View attachment 3018732
I saw this one and almost nominated it. It’s been on my wish list for a while and I don’t know where I saw it recommended. But I’d definitely vote for this one.

Reactions: 3
They renew 1st of the month. If you go to books > kindle books > deals or something like that theyl come up.
oh good, thank you, so I was looking in the right place. Sometimes I find amazon filters a bit overwhelming 😅 I'm going to sign up to the emails so I am more aware of what's available going forward.

So yes, I'll nominate: Everyone Here is Lying by Shari Lapena

81rLJVDbIOL._SL1500_.jpg

Discover the gripping new thriller from the Sunday Times bestselling author of The Couple Next Door

'The most addictive book I've read in ages…Just brilliant.' Lisa Jewell

'Fast paced, tightly-plotted and with twists so well executed they floored me. Loved every word!' Claire Douglas

'Genius. I loved it.' Andrea Mara

Welcome to Stanhope - a safe neighbourhood. A place for families.

William Wooler is a family man, on the surface. But he's been having an affair, an affair that ended horribly this afternoon at a motel up the road.

So, when he returns to his house, devastated and angry, to find his difficult nine-year-old daughter Avery unexpectedly home from school, William loses his temper.

Hours later, Avery's family declares her missing.

Suddenly Stanhope doesn't feel so safe. And William isn't the only one on his street who's hiding a lie.

As witnesses come forward with information that may or may not be true, Avery's neighbours become increasingly unhinged.

Who took Avery Wooler?

Nothing will prepare you for the truth…

-------------

Praise for Everyone Here is Lying:

'Shari Lapena is the queen of the "just one more chapter" read. A chilling exploration of the worst-case repercussions and extensive fallout of a brief affair.' Sarah Vaughan, author of Anatomy of a Scandal

'A taut, clever, chilling ride of manipulation and family secrets . . . Prepare to be consumed!' Ashley Audrain, author of The Whispers

'I inhaled Everyone Here Is Lying. The pace never flags, the twists are fiendishly clever, and the writing is as perfect as can be.' Liz Nugent, author of Strange Sally Diamon

'Shari Lapena is a modern master of the psychological thriller, and all of her considerable talents are at work in Everyone Here Is Lying.' Steve Cavanagh, author of Fifty Fifty

'You simply can't put it down' Robert Gold, author of Twelve Secrets

'I defy you to put it down until you know what happened to Avery Wooler.' Gilly Macmillan, author of The Fall

'Shari Lapena is an expert in both pace and the placing of clues and misdirections' Literary Review

'A fast-paced read with jaw-dropping twists' The i

Reactions: 6
@emmer_moans if you’re on Insta, give @thestory.edit a follow as she rounds up the monthly deals, making it much easier to scroll through.

I’ve bought your book suggestion too as that’s a bit of me. It sounded so familiar but was only published last year and I’ve definitely not read it yet.

@emmer_moans if you’re on Insta, give @thestory.edit a follow as she rounds up the monthly deals, making it much easier to scroll through.

I’ve bought your book suggestion too as that’s a bit of me. It sounded so familiar but was only published last year and I’ve definitely not read it yet.
ah amazing, thank you! Her insta looks nicely set out, I've now followed her.

• Heart
Dam I’ve read a couple of Shari Lapena books before and really enjoyed them but this one is $12.99 where I live. I hate how we get different deals here!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My friends and I are just starting a real life book club which is exciting! However does now mean I have a deadline to read the book and I’m currently reading and listening to two others 😂

Reactions: 2
I recently finished Justin Cronin’s The Passage trilogy and loved it. Was just browsing the Kindle deals and came across this from the same author, so I’d like to nominate it:

Amazon product

IMG_4967.jpeg

Got a busy weekend ahead so tallying up votes now in case I don’t get chance in the morning!

Clickbait - LC North
@nbt 12 votes

Everyone Here is Lying - Shari Lapena
@emmer_moans 11 votes

The Ferryman - Justin Cronin
@Smca53 2 votes

The Only One Left - Riley Sager
@Marylou 1 vote
(I’m classing this as a nomination as it was linked but I’m not sure if others noticed so please nominate again next month if so!)

So July’s book is Clickbait by LC North.

It’s currently 99p for the rest of this month on kindle.

Reactions: 8
Got a busy weekend ahead so tallying up votes now in case I don’t get chance in the morning!

Clickbait - LC North
@nbt 12 votes

Everyone Here is Lying - Shari Lapena
@emmer_moans 11 votes

The Ferryman - Justin Cronin
@Smca53 2 votes

The Only One Left - Riley Sager
@Marylou 1 vote
(I’m classing this as a nomination as it was linked but I’m not sure if others noticed so please nominate again next month if so!)

So July’s book is Clickbait by LC North.

It’s currently 99p for the rest of this month on kindle.
Looking forward to it :)

Lol I didn't even realise that I'd nominated a book. I purchased both of the top 2 books so will be able to participate in July's nominations. Thanks @nbt for taking the time to tally and sort.

Reactions: 4
Purchased Clickbait, haven’t been able to participate in the last few so looking forward to being involved again 😊

Sadly Clickbait is not a Kindle deals in the US and isn't even available on Kindle. I think it isn't being published in the states yet? I'm not going to pay 22 bucks to import it haha. It sounds really good so I'll be waiting for your reviews 😉

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sadly Clickbait is not a Kindle deals in the US and isn't even available on Kindle. I think it isn't being published in the states yet? I'm not going to pay 22 bucks to import it haha. It sounds really good so I'll be waiting for your reviews 😉
Why can't book releases just be the same date worldwide?!