Black Mirror

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loch Henry was my favourite
Demon 79 second
Joan is awful third

didn't finish mazes day or beyond the sea.

Reactions: 5
Loved Loch Henry and Beyond the Sea, Mazey Day was ok, Joan is Awful was awful 😆 Demon 79 was just meh

Reactions: 2
My OH loves Black Mirror so I do watch with him, I dip in and out of episodes but love the ones with huge twists
One that sticks out in my mind was where a young lad was being blackmailed for watching videos and the situation escalated wildly, you felt so sorry for him til it transpired it was kids he was watching, my mind was blown I felt I didn’t see it coming at all!

I enjoyed this til about halfway through til it got to the point they teamed up to go smash the computer then the ‘twist’ I thought oh is that it 🤨 second episode sounds better
Haha I love that one. Think it's my favourite. If forgotten about it but knew there was one where I didn't see the twist coming but remembered the car element do looked it up and watched it yesterday. Just as good and I'd forgotten the twist.

Reactions: 2
Took me ages before I realised Podrick was in episode 2 🤣

but episode 2 was just a bit too much for me and didn’t feel very ‘black mirror’. Still very good and clever though.

I just feel like BM has gone downhill post season 4

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Loch henry

the scene where they’re having sex and the mum is listening and looks at the photo of her husband just became so creepy

They haven’t been as good since they have been Americanised. San Junipero is the best of the newer seasons but none are as good as Be Right Back or The entire history of you

Reactions: 11
This series seems to be splitting people. My partner and I watched Joan is Awful last night. We both thought it was brilliant. Blatant nod to the South Park episode "The Human Cent‐iPad" and also reminded me a bit of Severance. Salma was hilarious.

Reactions: 6
I've decided to watch people's favs, so I'm starting with Loch Henry, really enjoying it. It was killing me who was playing Janet, call the midwife fans its Monica Dolan who played the twins Meg and Mave Carter. She's great, her Scottish accent is more Irish though but Scottish is hard.

Reactions: 6
I’m another two episodes in. Thought Beyond the Sea was ok (though loved the inclusion of my teenage love Josh Harriett) but Mazey Day was just weird.

I was intrigued by the concept and had no idea where it was going but when Mazey became a werewolf I literally shouted “what the duck!” and it totally turned me off. However the very last shot of the main character lifting her camera to photograph Mazey as she killed herself it all clicked into place and I thought it was a great portrayal of modern media. Still not a favourite though…possibly one of my least favourites.

I’m another two episodes in. Thought Beyond the Sea was ok (though loved the inclusion of my teenage love Josh Harriett) but Mazey Day was just weird.

I was intrigued by the concept and had no idea where it was going but when Mazey became a werewolf I literally shouted “what the duck!” and it totally turned me off. However the very last shot of the main character lifting her camera to photograph Mazey as she killed herself it all clicked into place and I thought it was a great portrayal of modern media. Still not a favourite though…possibly one of my least favourites.
The thing that makes black mirror scary/creepy to me is that it’s easy to believe it’s real/could be real etc. so I didn’t finish that episode and turned it off at the part in your spoiler.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just finished watching season 6 and thought all of them was utter shite.

Episode 1 would have been great if it came out 10 years ago. All the others...massive disappointment.

Black mirror went down the shitter once it went to Netflix

Besides breaking bad, Has Aaron Paul been in anything good? No surprise his episode was dire. I only have demon 79 left to watch 👀

The thing that makes black mirror scary/creepy to me is that it’s easy to believe it’s real/could be real etc. so I didn’t finish that episode and turned it off at the part in your spoiler.
Yes I said the same to my husband.
When Muse’s Supermassive Black Hole started playing I said that the song was reserved for Twilight only as I just associate it with vampires. Little did I know that 30 minutes later it would start to actually feel like a Twilight film!

I’ve only watched two so far. Joan Is Awful was okay, I wouldn’t watch it again.

Loch Henry was much better, felt more like Black Mirror because it wasnt so Americanised, it had a lot of recognisable faces from British tv and the beautiful scenery too made it feel a lot more authentic. Felt more like the channel 4 days. Like a lot of people I did guess the twist quite early on, but the execution was great and the performances were fantastic so it didn’t make it any less enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Currently watching the third episode, dear lord this is the most drawn out boring thing I’ve watched in a while. Why on Earth is it 1 hour 20. I want to give up 😭 just because it has Hollywood actors doesn’t mean you had to make it movie length.

• Haha
Reactions: 7