Black Mirror

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

There’s the link to the trailer - looks like there’s some very different episodes to look forward to. And some great cast members too!

Reactions: 8
Just spotted it in the 'coming soon' section in the Netflix app - very excited and can't decide whether to watch the trailer and start getting ideas, or wait and leave it all a mystery until the actual episodes are up...

Reactions: 2
LOVED episode 1 of season 6. Totally blew my mind at the end. Onto episode 2 now.
---
And loved episode 2 too! Guessed the twist in it but it didn’t away any enjoyment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Spoiler cuts exist for a reason :rolleyes:
And where did I spoil anything? By saying I enjoyed it and that there was a twist? Hardly a detailed breakdown of the episodes that needs to be hidden away. Trust me, I hate spoilers so I deliberately avoided anything spoilery. Me pointing out there was a twist isn’t a spoiler as twists are to be expected in a show like this and for what it’s worth, both my husband and I guessed completely different directions for how the episode would go.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
On episode one 😕
I REALLY didn't enjoy - I'm not a big fan of Selma Hayek anyway (the older she gets, her 'acting' seems to rely on her just screaming everything - seriously we had to turn off The Hitman's wife's bodyguard because it consisted solely of her screeching) and the storyline didn't feel new or interesting - I've seen this 'layer upon layer of meta' done before and better. Very disappointed. 3/10

Episode two
was SO MUCH BETTER. I absolutely loved this one. I've seen other people say they saw the twist coming but I absolutely had no idea, I was totally blindsided. I thought maybe the Bergerac tapes would play into it all somehow but I had no idea both his parents were going to be involved! Dark, disturbing, creepy and also genuinely hilarious in places, thanks to Daniel Portman, who was brilliant as Stuart.

I was intending to binge a few more episodes but I had to stop after this one and just 'let it settle'. 8/10.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Episode one
that bored me. It started well but lost me half way through

Reactions: 5
There is always a dud episode on a series… what do we think the dud of series 6 was?

LOVED episode 1 of season 6. Totally blew my mind at the end. Onto episode 2 now.
---
And loved episode 2 too! Guessed the twist in it but it didn’t away any enjoyment.
I'm watching episode 1 on my own and it's one of those times I wish had a hubby to discuss it.

Black Mirror always has a phenomenal way of making you think.
---
Episode one
that bored me. It started well but lost me half way through
I've got to the part where they're trying to have sex. At first I was thinking "ugg no, that's going to be shown", but now I'm laughing at his reaction.

She's getting to be the main character of her life now.

Reactions: 3
Loved episode 2, currently watching 3 but think you can kinda guess what’s going to happen? Or maybe I’ll be surprised 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
And where did I spoil anything? By saying I enjoyed it and that there was a twist? Hardly a detailed breakdown of the episodes that needs to be hidden away. Trust me, I hate spoilers so I deliberately avoided anything spoilery. Me pointing out there was a twist isn’t a spoiler as twists are to be expected in a show like this and for what it’s worth, both my husband and I guessed completely different directions for how the episode would go.
I also don’t know why, if people are THAT anxious of spoilers, they don’t just avoid the thread?

Reactions: 6
the older guy (dad?) of the pub how come he was against them doing the documentary and still sad at the end when the pub was busy? Did he know what they’d find?

I also don’t know why, if people are THAT anxious of spoilers, they don’t just avoid the thread?
And it’s not like Black Mirror isn’t available to view in the UK yet, like in the case of US shows that air here later but you can find online. When would we ever stop spoiler tags in this case? There’s always gonna be someone who hasn’t watched it. Ahh Tattle politics 🥲

Episode 4 was the dud for me. Loved both 1 and 2, 3 and 5 were OK. All in all I think it was solid but nothing like it used to be, there’s nothing I’d choose to watch again like I do with some of the older episodes.

Reactions: 5
And it’s not like Black Mirror isn’t available to view in the UK yet, like in the case of US shows that air here later but you can find online. When would we ever stop spoiler tags in this case? There’s always gonna be someone who hasn’t watched it. Ahh Tattle politics 🥲

Episode 4 was the dud for me. Loved both 1 and 2, 3 and 5 were OK. All in all I think it was solid but nothing like it used to be, there’s nothing I’d choose to watch again like I do with some of the older episodes.
2 is probably the only one I'd rewatch

Also saying something has a twist is hardly a spoiler when it comes to Black Mirror

Reactions: 10
Yeah, he tells the son in hospital to stop digging.
I heard that but I just thought it was strange. Why would he be sad that they found the truth? I understand he probably didn’t want the son finding out about his mum but after he did he was still sad. Even when the business was better.

I really enjoy that it didn’t take itself too seriously in every single episode. It helped break up the heavier tone of episodes like 2 and 3.

I really enjoyed Episode 5. It was fun and had a good storyline. I like that she killed a couple randoms at first (aside from the wife strangler) because it left it unclear who she’d go for next - the politician, the cop or her colleague? I also liked that it wasn’t super clear whether or not we could know the demon was telling the truth eg about people’s lives until she killed the third guy, or the apocalypse until it happened, and I liked that it turned out he was trustworthy in the end. You could probs infer that from the articles she finds alongside the talisman but 🤷‍♀️ easy to miss I think

I heard that but I just thought it was strange. Why would he be sad that they found the truth? I understand he probably didn’t want the son finding out about his mum but after he did he was still sad. Even when the business was better.

I guess he’d spent years suppressing it to protect the son and also he probably feels awful that on some level he has known all these years and didn’t do anything about it. By the sound of it he was mates with the murder parents so he probably felt awful about the whole thing and blocked it out. Also I think as a commentary on true crime, it’s a bit like, because of the true crime tourism he’s now surrounded by people who view it as salacious entertainment and who will probably keep asking him about it or even look at him knowing him as the guy from the documentary so there’s no getting away from it now - the town is now full of people who are there to rubberneck. He seemed to find the confession on the documentary itself cathartic but I can’t imagine he’d want randoms coming up to him talking about it several times a day.

It’s a bit like a diluted version of what happened with the son - he did the documentary too but was met with a lot of disrespectful responses, like people using his grief as entertainment I think/using it for personal gain. The son didn’t want to know that loads of people were in the town either. i think the message is that with these things, the people who were affected worst get sidelined in favour of no-strings entertainment to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My OH loves Black Mirror so I do watch with him, I dip in and out of episodes but love the ones with huge twists
One that sticks out in my mind was where a young lad was being blackmailed for watching videos and the situation escalated wildly, you felt so sorry for him til it transpired it was kids he was watching, my mind was blown I felt I didn’t see it coming at all!

I enjoyed this til about halfway through til it got to the point they teamed up to go smash the computer then the ‘twist’ I thought oh is that it 🤨 second episode sounds better