Black Friday 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone spotted any pillows/duvets in sales?.
I bought a new duvet from Dunelm on line as I wanted a 15 tog cause I feel cold easily. It's not feather, but it is gorgeous and warm. Feels like a hotel quality. Very reasonably priced - and I notice that Dunelm have Black Friday bargains. Good luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For beauty lovers the Flannels beauty advent calendar is reduced from £235 to £119 today.

Reactions: 1
The body shop online are doing 25% off everything including advent calendars - I actually went past the body shop yesterday and in the window it had a big sign saying advent calendars now half price. It’s a bit of a rip off if you can’t get to the actual shop.

Reactions: 1
I want to order some clothes from ASOS hoping on Friday it’ll be a better deal as they’ve had warm up Black Friday deals

Reactions: 3
Not sure if ppl know about it but theres a website called "Hot uk deals". You can put an alert on there and it emails you deals when they are put on there.

Reactions: 5
looked on glossier on thursday and added their fragrance and candle set (saving compared to individual prices) to my basket. has now been removed from the website but still in my basket. was going to wait until black friday as they usually do 20% off, assuming the set being no longer available is in anticipation for bf? bit sneaky if so.

I feel like the Amazon deals are a con - scrolling through the items a lot of it is non-brand tat. I’m not seeing anything I need, so I think I’ll pass.
Yeah, you think their deals looks good, and then realise it's all the Chinese tat brands rather than a brand you've actually heard of.

I bought some stuff from an American company I like, I never buy full price because they always have deals and discount codes.

Usually Max about 30% off, so when it was 40% off for pre-Black Friday I jumped in and ordered. Two days later email, 50% of $120 spend. 🤬🤬🤬 I could've spent that easily.

Reactions: 2
looked on glossier on thursday and added their fragrance and candle set (saving compared to individual prices) to my basket. has now been removed from the website but still in my basket. was going to wait until black friday as they usually do 20% off, assuming the set being no longer available is in anticipation for bf? bit sneaky if so.
** ignore my big conspiracy i think the set was removed bc the fragrance has sold out**

update - sets are now an additional 20% off, so might as well order it now rather than risk it being full price again on black friday? not sure i like the fact that deals start earlier now, at least black friday was a set date that everyone followed so you knew what to expect and when

Last edited:

The consumer champion analysed 214 Black Friday deals last year at seven major home and tech retailers - Amazon, AO, Argos, Currys, John Lewis, Richer Sounds and Very - looking at their prices every day in the six months before and after the sale day (26 November 2021).

It found the majority of promotions (183 - or 86%) were cheaper or the same price in the six months before the sales. Of the deals, 209 (98%) were cheaper or the same price at other times in the year. None were cheaper on Black Friday alone.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

The consumer champion analysed 214 Black Friday deals last year at seven major home and tech retailers - Amazon, AO, Argos, Currys, John Lewis, Richer Sounds and Very - looking at their prices every day in the six months before and after the sale day (26 November 2021).

It found the majority of promotions (183 - or 86%) were cheaper or the same price in the six months before the sales. Of the deals, 209 (98%) were cheaper or the same price at other times in the year. None were cheaper on Black Friday alone.

Yeah definitely not shocked!

Always try to use websites like camel camel camel to check on deals

I was hoping for some good deals on Hotel Chocolat as wanted to get some chocolate for family members
15% off a £30 spend is just rubbish! I want at least 20% on Black Friday especially with a minimum spend

I was hoping for some good deals on Hotel Chocolat as wanted to get some chocolate for family members
15% off a £30 spend is just rubbish! I want at least 20% on Black Friday especially with a minimum spend
Idk if this’ll be an unpopular opinion but the only brands who can afford to do huge discounts are ones with huge margins, eg they’re buying cheap and selling high, so I’m actually reassured when brands don’t offer ridiculous discounts. Also these discounts aren’t at big brands’ expense they put stress further down the supply chain which are often developing economies & black/brown workers.

Not chocolate but similarly positioned premium company - when looking for bedding there are so many linen bundle companies now, I decided to go with one of the more expensive brands based purely upon a friend’s recommendation and when it came to BF they were only doing 15% off whilst some of the others were running 50%+ off which made me think yikes how big are your margins that you can afford to do that? I can understand clearing overstock or unpopular colour ways but across the whole site? 😬 I’ve unsubscribed from all their mailers and won’t even bother trying them tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think a lot of brands/shops will be less inclined to do heavy discounts now as they will have lost money the past 3 years and likely to the next 3 years. And cost of production and transportation has gone up. I don't think we will see the likes of Black Friday 7-10 years ago in the UK when it was a new "thing" and people queued up to punch each other out the way in Currys to bag a flatscreen TV, thankfully.

• Haha
  • Heart
I like to shop local when I can. I asked a few places would they have any black Friday promotions, nope.
I know we're questioning BF deals from big retailers but it's better than nothing, even 20% for one day would encourage buyers to part with their cash locally, they'll do 50% on the 27th Dec and then slash it to 75% two weeks later. It doesn't make sense to me.
But BF deals are useless for me at the moment, anything I want isn't discounted. So annoying.

Need to order from Wayfair - reckon there’ll be a code for everything on there tomorrow or do you think their deals are already live? So far it’s just reductions on certain items which seems no different to the rest of the year.

I bought clothes from asos yesterday as there was one thing that was the last item in stock and I didn’t want to miss it. They have a better sale on today (and probably better tomorrow) I can return what I already bought for the prices I paid and reorder for cheaper right?

I bought clothes from asos yesterday as there was one thing that was the last item in stock and I didn’t want to miss it. They have a better sale on today (and probably better tomorrow) I can return what I already bought for the prices I paid and reorder for cheaper right?
Yeah defo

Do you guys remember the scrums that used to happen in stores at midnight? Does that still happen?

The big fight in a northern Tesco that made the news a few years back was something I was accidentally involved in, my boyfriend at the time had finished a night shift and I’d picked him up, we went in store to get him some food on the way home, and before we knew it we were being clobbered around the head by chavs wielding tv boxes! Scary!

• Wow